BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hotspot and Lancs to win the Championship?

I am under the impression its because Lancashire CCC wouldnt pay enough money to the authorities. At least that is what LCCC say.

Indeed, but this is because they would not make enough out of ticket revenue without making prices extortionately high. Selling out every day is vital for this, which as I originally suggested OT is not certain to do.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redrose49er-How about Hodges replacement ?

Yousuf

Plus, read Langers blog on Freddies spell against him and Banger last week-reckons Fred is 100% back with the ball.

Justin Langer Blog on BBC

Very happy about Yousuf, very, very classy player. I'm bitterely disappointed with Hodge, it does seem as though he left us in the lurch. This IPL could well be the end of overseas players, Kolpaks all the way then! Heard that Flintoff was excellent with the ball, don't want him getting into too much form just yet, another couple of weeks with Lancs would be great!

Fred needs to wait until at least the South Africa series before he contemplaets playing for england. Mainly so he can find the form with that wooden thing he likes wafting around for 10 minutes and then walking back to the pavilion.

As a bowler he's an instant pick, as a batsman at present he's a number 8 at best. And we cant afford, with his injury record to play him in a 4 man bowling attack

• 2 years later...

Six wins on the bounce now for England, and I expect us to win the current Series against Pakistan. With the winter Ashes tour on the horizon, my question is what do the many Aussie readers make of this Winters test series and Englands form since last summer and the great performance over the Saffers (apart from the last test :( )? What do the Aussie press make of our chances?

• 3 years later...

Archived