BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Play Offs

So the Play Off Final line-ups are now complete. Morecambe are playing Exeter at the moment (currently 1-1)

Division 2 - Saturday 26th May - Bristol Rovers V Shrewsbury

Division 1 - Sunday 27th May - Yeovil V Blackpool

Championship - Monday 28th May - Derby V West Brom

The main local interest is Blackpool. The once-mighty tangerines are bidding to get back into the second tier of English football for the first time since 1978. They nearly returned in 1996 under the managerial wizardry of Fat Sam but finished third and then lost in the play-offs. Fat Sam was subsequently sacked by Owen Oyston!

As Alan75 as mentioned in the news, Blackpool are now managed by Ex-Rover Simon Grayson with Tony Parkes as his assistant. I really hope they go up. They're no threat to our fanbase as some might suggest and it would be great for Lancashire football. It'll make some lively phone-ins on Radio Lancs next season with Blackpool, Preston and Burnley all together.

As for the Championship I fancy West Brom to go up but am not really bothered who wins. I always prefer teams to come up who I feel won't sustain Premier League football for long thus won't be a threat to us and these two both fall into that category. The likes of Sunderland and, to some extent, Big Club do have the foundations to become Premier League regulars but you do feel that whoever wins this will be back down by 2009.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for a start was a much better game than the one at Wembley yesterday!

Morecambe didn't get off to a brilliant start, but two excellent goals to see them come up. :D

Derby for me from the Division One playoffs. I hate going to Birmingham and Derby is closer to me.

Not too bothered about the other two as they do not effect Rovers. Happy for Morcambe though.

Larry and Parkes have done a great job at Blackpool this season. They have a very very strong team and Oldham were totally outclassed in the semi. Blackpool are a club going places, they have a lot of money behind them now with club 'president' Valery Belekon and even have a Latvian international playing for them. They should easily go up but with these playoffs you never know what will happen.

It would be great for me to see Blackpool in the prem playing rovers so good luck to em! The return of the Blackpool vs preston/burnley derbies will also be interesting.

Derby for me from the Division One playoffs. I hate going to Birmingham and Derby is closer to me.

Not too bothered about the other two as they do not effect Rovers. Happy for Morcambe though.

Birmingham are already up :tu:

Its between West Brom & Derby

Having watched the championship play off semis, i think WBA are best equipped for the prem. Kamara is a quality player and they seem to be able to keep the ball, instead of just lumping it forward like Derby.

C'mon Blackpool and well done to Moercambe - super smashing great!

Archived