BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Play Offs

Birmingham are already up :tu:

Its between West Brom & Derby

Methinks it was a reference to West Brom, who, although not in Birmingham itself, are only five miles outside of it.

Edit- oh and I'd prefer West Brom. Shorter trip, smaller crowds (equals less likely to become a threat in the long term), and they've got Gera. I worry that if they don't come up, someone will buy him, and I don't want any of our rivals snapping up a decent right midfielder, something most of them lack.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Blackpool and my mate Guy.

A few weeks back, his wife [who is German], went out to Germany for a long weekend. However, that would have meant Guy missing a Blackpool home game. That wasn't on, so he duly let her go on her own, whilst he went to watch his favourite Tangerines.

After the game, another mate picked him up outside Bloomfield road and took him to Liverpool airport. From there he flew out to Amsterdam where he then took a two hour train journey into Germany. His wife drove 160 miles to meet him there, then drove the 160 miles back to her parents home. All for 3 days in Germany.

Dedication. :)

Yeovil are taking around 30k to Wembley today. The town's population is 41k, only some 9k more than Darwen. Even allowing for the large catchment area (full of fields and cows according to their Chairman) it's very impressive. :brfc:

Come on Blackpool,and come on the baggies.

One team i would love not to come up is Derby.The baggies are cool. B)

Come on Blackpool,and come on the baggies.

One team i would love not to come up is Derby.The baggies are cool. B)

Ah but there will be a couple of possible fringe benefits for Rovers if Derby get promoted. Firstly the chance to sign Koumas (assuming MH wants him), secondly the additional tranfer fee for McEverley. :)

Ah but there will be a couple of possible fringe benefits for Rovers if Derby get promoted. Firstly the chance to sign Koumas (assuming MH wants him), secondly the additional tranfer fee for McEverley. :)

It's ok, if it's good for business,as long as Rovers get the pleasure of sending them straight back down

It would seem strange Derby coming back up,and us gettin g Dunnback.I still won't forget the day at Derby when Dunn got hacked .

Saying that, my biggest memory was the semi final play-off when we beat them 4-2 and went onto play Leicester in the Final.

Good memories.

Exellent start from Blackpool, plenty of pressure and a couple of good chances.

Of course we all know the saying "you've got to take your chances" COME ON THE POOL!!

Exellent start from Blackpool, plenty of pressure and a couple of good chances.

Of course we all know the saying "you've got to take your chances" COME ON THE POOL!!

Robbie Williams free kick,1-0,so that's what they must mean by take that lol.

Just hope they hang on, it would be great for 2 ex-Rovers as well,Grayson and Mr Rovers himself Tony Parkes. :rolleyes:

They had to go and spoil it with THAT BLOODY SONG :angry:

What song? Heard them singing "glad all over" was that it?

Really pleased for Blackpool. Hope they can take points from both Burnley and Preston next season. Was looking up stats on their league status and they were relegated from the 2nd level in 1978 and haven't been back since, so this is a big day for them.

That was that wierd season in the days of 2 points for a win that Blackpool went down with 38 points from 42 games. Rovers came 5th with 45 points in the same division and then Jim Smith left for Birmingham.

The dark seventies when everything that could go wrong for the small town clubs of Lancashire did so.

Now, the situation is very nearly reversed with three of the small town clubs in the Prem, three in the Championship, Oldham making a decent fist of attempting a revival and unbelievably both Accy and Morecambe League clubs next season.

In contrast, what a miserable time for the Yorkists- Sheff U down, Leeds down, Bradford and Rotherham down, Hull and Barnsley just hanging on. I know some of them have a sneeking sympathy for Scuny but having them a division above Leeds will take some swallowing.

ha ha.

Well played Blackpool - long overdue revival of a famous club.

With Mortensen and Matthews in the ranks, it's hard to believe now but Blackpool were THE glamour club of England in the 1950s .

Hope to see them back at Ewood in the Prem soon. And Burnley too.

Very much want to see Derby go up today.

They will be nailed on relegation candidates, a few West Brom players rattling around the transfer market will ease the lack of supply of Prem quality players in what promises to be an over-heated transfer market and combination of McEveley clause and Jeffers bidding could well put an extra £500K in the Rovers' coffers.

Very much want to see Derby go up today.

They will be nailed on relegation candidates

Me too, but partly because West Brom never stay very long in the Prem so promotion for them always seems a bit pointless as they never hang onto it.

Maybe Derby will go straight back down, but I'd like to see them making a go of it. There are a number of viable relegation candidates this time around - all 3 promoted sides, Wigan, Fulham and West Ham (although I suspect the Hammers will do ok this time around <_<)

Archived