BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni, Mgp Or Bentley

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen is always being linked with moves away. McCarthy would probably like a big club move therefore I'd probably be most upset if Bentley went because he's never been linked with a move and so it would probably meant that the others were already on their way. I could only see him going if it looked like the club were not ambitious enough and had let good players go without replacing them.

Not keen on this sort of question. Wouldn't want any of them to go, it's bad enough when the press try to sell our best players without the fans doing it as well :angry:

sorry mum, i'll do the chores - just keep your slipper on ;)

Um, a bit contraversial, but I would have to say bentley is easily the most replaceable. We could actually sell him and immediately slot in reid or Dunn on the right and not be too massively incapacitated. Bents is a great crosser of the ball and would be a big loss but ultimately the Premiership is chock full of good right sided midfielders (a galnce over the candidates for the England team show that).

Decent left sided players are very very rare, and while MGP is not outstanding he is very very good. He also forms part of a very tight defensive unit in the midfield, more so than Bentley, and if we lost him to be replaced by a more lightweight winger we could be in trouble in our tactics.

McCarthy is clearly a born goalscorer. But I still would say someone like Bellamy is marginally better so if we could realistically get the weasel in then that would overall improve the team.

ALl that said- MGP hardest to replace, then Benni, then Bentley.

Very interesting if you consider that MGP certainly has the least raw natural talent out of those three. So his dad training his left foot, and his own impressive workrate and dedication, have turned him into a highly valuable player.

If you have kids, teach them to be leftys!

That's a good point you make. I think you're right, we would definately miss Pedersen the most because of our lack of quality left sided players and the difficulty in attaining them and, like you say, Dunn and Reid could slot in on the right and do a good job, Reid especially. That said, I still think that Bentley is far the better player.

Bents is a great crosser of the ball and would be a big loss but ultimately the Premiership is chock full of good right sided midfielders (a galnce over the candidates for the England team show that).

Is it buggery! I don't especially rate any of those outside the top four except Bents and Lennon. Marlbranque is alright too. We'd have no chance of finding an equally skilled right winger in the Prem I would say. Best bet would probably be Gera from West Brom.

For me, based on last season we'd miss Benni the most as his goals were a super massive contribution. Personally, I would be most upset to lose Bentley as i think he might turn into an absolute world beater in the future if he carries on improving at anything like the rate he has this season.

Good money for Benni would mean we could get a decent replacement. Aren't we after 8m from Chelski.

Bentley is the best of the 3 for my money. Pederson has too many off spells for my liking.

Unfortunately, I'd be surprised (but very impressed with Hughes) if we have all 3 at the start of next season.

After last night, I would think that Liverpool have pushed getting a left sided player further up their priority list.

Rovers have to fight like crazy to keep all three. Thankfully the contractual positions look reasonably OK so it will need silly money and/or player strop to get them away from Ewood.

MGP has possible replacements in Peter and Treacy at the club but no obvious replacements in the UK. No doubt Mark Hughes has some unsung player overseas we have never heard of in mind....

Benni's goals simply cannot be bought in the market- par for the course from whoever we got as a replacement would be 10 less than Benni's total this season.

Bentley is getting better and better. He is replaceable as he is now but who knows how good he will become?

Fully agree about Liverpool's need for a left winger. Bellamy coming back as long as there's a fair wad involved as well wouldn't upset me too much. I still think Bellamy has got what it takes and I'm not sure why he hasn't done better this season. Hughes' management skills again perhaps

can bentley play on the left?

just thinking, if lpool go for MGP and bellers comes our way, benni and bellers up front with betley on the left on reid back on the right would be pretty sweet...

all ifs and buts of course.

MGP because I'd have no-one to swear at for being a girly woose of a boy-band member.

Leave him alone.:angry: He may be a bit gay but I still think he's cool. B)

I think we would miss Benni Mac the most.

He is a long-term admirer of Seville's outstanding right-sided Brazilian, Daniel Alves, and has also been strongly linked with Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Yet whoever Benitez lands, he will be unwilling to tolerate egos and his tactical genius is likely to remain the star of the Liverpool team.

Tactical genius my arse! Playing your best and most influential player out of position, playing two wide wingers with a coco cola championship quality centre forward whilst leaving two better strikers on the bench, play a left winger who has been told is being sold, bring on another in replacement who has hardly played all season. If thats tactical genius I'm a dutchman.

I'm pretty confident we would be able to replace our current strikeforce from the market better than Gamst or Bentley. Perhaps we wouldn't be able to find anyone to score 18 league goals, but I'm sure would find 2 strikers able to match Benni's and Nonda's tally. Gamst and Bentley are among the best in their respective positions in the league behind the 'big four' so if we would lose either one, I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to find or attract the same quality from the market. Not that we're going to lose Bentley this summer.

He is a long-term admirer of Seville's outstanding right-sided Brazilian, Daniel Alves, and has also been strongly linked with Blackburn's Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Yet whoever Benitez lands, he will be unwilling to tolerate egos and his tactical genius is likely to remain the star of the Liverpool team.

Tactical genius my arse! Playing your best and most influential player out of position, playing two wide wingers with a coco cola championship quality centre forward whilst leaving two better strikers on the bench, play a left winger who has been told is being sold, bring on another in replacement who has hardly played all season. If thats tactical genius I'm a dutchman.

Well he got a team with broadly speaking vastly inferior players, as you yourself have pointed out, to the final of the CL for the second time in three years... clearly his tactics were decent.

ANd since when was Kuyt a championship striker? Very good imo, if not a world beater.

Well he got a team with broadly speaking vastly inferior players, as you yourself have pointed out, to the final of the CL for the second time in three years... clearly his tactics were decent.

ANd since when was Kuyt a championship striker? Very good imo, if not a world beater.

My mates opinion sums it up. He reckons if Kuyt was English and had come through the ranks at some lesser Prem team nobody would rate him very highly. I tend to agree.

Very hardworking individual to his credit but not sublimely talented in any department.

Archived