BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brendan Flood - Burnley Director

Yup, I was in Colin.

Erm.... that doesn't translate into English too well, does it? However, for the benefit of the no drogs on the board, there was always the saving grace of Ma Riley and the sixth form girls to keep the testosterone flowing around the system.

As for Father Stewart, I remember he was in the Telegraph after setting off the metal detectors at an airport with his bionic hip replacement.

SMC was always a good footballing school and I am only surprised that there aren't more names written large in footballing lore from the school.

But not happy days, I hated my time there.

PS ANtgrad - you'd be Anthony Grady then, would you? Cool! I was in your class.

:rover:

PS ANtgrad - you'd be Anthony Grady then, would you? Cool! I was in your class.

:rover:

I was just about to admit to being in Colin too and then I saw this. Yep, that's me. :) I'm afraid your name doesn't give me any clues as to who you are though. PM me if you don't want to announce it to the world.

That would have put him two years above me ... but I must admit the name dosn't ring a bell.

And one year above me, but it's too long ago to remember many people. Lesley Allen and Susan McDonough always raised an eyebrow, Mick Mahon and Co going on and on about the human league.

Rev Kev, takes me back, and the hillbillies carted in from Rawtenstall and Bacup used to be at St Edmund Arrowsmith. Andrew Gordon used to put up with "Gordon is a Moron" by 'jilted john'.

So how many people on this board have been in Colin? I think we need to know!!

My house was Colin too. (Being careful of the phraseology). I left in 1958 and Father Stewart (known as 'Holy Joe') was there then and seemed quite old. How long did he go on? I remember his mobile tuck shop very well. He was a real character.

Chanel for me - I would have refused to go in to Colin - sorry Col!

Ah, SMC, those were the days - cane, strap, pump, cricket bat, board duster at the head and so on. Bit like being in a dominatrix's dungeon.....or so I'm told.

:brfc:

What with our days in Chanel and the death-defying trip to Grimsby, you're having having quite a nostalgic summer! What was the name of that red-bearded, Scottish, extra-from-Braveheart lookalike who was our form master in the first year? Always sending me to the staff room to sign out a strap as I recall. In hindsight, one does wonder about the psyche of some of the more strap-happy teachers we had then.

If Burnley's saviour is related to the Flood in our year, then he must have got all the brains in the family

What with our days in Chanel and the death-defying trip to Grimsby, you're having having quite a nostalgic summer! What was the name of that red-bearded, Scottish, extra-from-Braveheart lookalike who was our form master in the first year? Always sending me to the staff room to sign out a strap as I recall. In hindsight, one does wonder about the psyche of some of the more strap-happy teachers we had then.

If Burnley's saviour is related to the Flood in our year, then he must have got all the brains in the family

Hell, I think dementia is setting in early! Can't remember the red-bearded teacher at all although we are talking about 38 years ago. When my lad started at SMC (the 6th form college version) five years ago, I had a few words with Fred Arkwright who was working part time. He never remembered me.

What you say about Mick Flood is certainly correct, although he could have been a late developer.....not. :lol:

Regarding punishment at the school, one of the funniest things I remember was the boxing match that Mick Devoy set up in the gym following a spat between Tony Cross and Tony Donnelly - the Dingle v the Rover. Unfortunately the Dingle won with the Rover offering no resistance at all.

Jim - with regard to QEGS - I like to think we were an Alan Shearer and you lot were a Graeme Le Saux. (If you know what I mean......) <_<

Hell, I think dementia is setting in early! Can't remember the red-bearded teacher at all although we are talking about 38 years ago. When my lad started at SMC (the 6th form college version) five years ago, I had a few words with Fred Arkwright who was working part time. He never remembered me.

What you say about Mick Flood is certainly correct, although he could have been a late developer.....not. :lol:

Regarding punishment at the school, one of the funniest things I remember was the boxing match that Mick Devoy set up in the gym following a spat between Tony Cross and Tony Donnelly - the Dingle v the Rover. Unfortunately the Dingle won with the Rover offering no resistance at all.

Jim - with regard to QEGS - I like to think we were an Alan Shearer and you lot were a Graeme Le Saux. (If you know what I mean......) <_<

I was at St Mary's in the late eighties and took great pleasure in beating QEGS at football on a regular basis.

As for Mick Devoy - mad as a hatter!

Steady on Drog, posters will start thinking you're bigoted.......... <_<

Ginger jokes

Here's some good anti-something jokes.

A young a boy is up in front of the family court because his parents are accused of beating him. The judge says to the boy, "Right son, I am going to let you make the choice who you live with. Do you want to live with your dad?" The boy says, "No sir he beats me". "Well, says the judge I guess you want to live with your mum?" The boy says, "No sir she beats me too." Well says the judge who do you want to live with?" The boy replies, "Burnley FC sir, they never beat anyone."

Bolton Wanderers Football Club was also broken into last week, on discovering this Sam Allardyce asked the police "Did they get any cups?"

"No Sir,” came the reply. "They didn't get as far as the canteen".

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived