BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

me, I wont criticise the sub at the end, I was however wondering that when Sven did what Pearce did last night, playing for the one nil win, that we crucified him, Pearce does it and its fantastically brave and heroic.

On the otherhand 12-13 on penalties is just silly, well done the lads on both sides, Im reassured for future senior tournaments. That is if we qualify, what with 15th Choice Steve in charge

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno if anyone else picked up on this but when Taylor got injured and was laid down in the box, the ball landed at Derbyshire's feet and he then gave possession straight back to the dutch by trying a little flick. He probably should have just put it out and let Taylor receive attention from the physio. This would have prevented about 4 dutch players camping in the box and would have ran the clock down. Very harsh to criticise him for this but it did show a bit of inexperience.

I noticed it, though he looked to me like he was tryying to impress when he should have been ither putting the ball out or at least making sure he retained posession. Talksport mentioned it this morning.

me, I wont criticise the sub at the end, I was however wondering that when Sven did what Pearce did last night, playing for the one nil win, that we crucified him, Pearce does it and its fantastically brave and heroic.

One is an former England international player , and thus has "grit" and "passion", the other one is a Swede who only ever played at amateur level. Of course they'll hail one and crucify the other.

I doubt that they will. Although the bloke who does an editorial in the Sunday Express seems to be banging on about it!!!

Just out of curiosity, has there been a fuss kicked up about both Kaka and Ronaldinho pulling out of the Copa America, I think siting similar reasons?

Archived