BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you really believe a player who turns down the u-21's should be in the senior squad on a regular basis.

You've lost me.

Well this is a completely different arguement to that of the age of a player when they make the full England squad.

But for the record, yes I think he should be.

Not really Eddie, myself, I'm just jonesing for some quality competitve footy.

Watch GolTV this afternoon. Final day of the Spanish league. Also the Gold Cup is on Fox Soccer.

I think we should care,I mean look at the Italians who have done so well in this competition, because they take every game serious ,no matter what level,and I'm sure most of the England squad do as well.All this talk about who gives a monkeys about it because it's only u-21's is daft talk.I 've enjoyed the competion so far,afterall these players are Englands next generation and every fan should get behind them.

If England win this it sends a message to the B team and senior squad and gives everybody confidence in Englands future as a whole.

This competition is very important..I'm behind them anyway.

Agreed, and its an excuse to go down to the pub and watch a bit of live footy.

Holland now favorites to win it. Its a must win game this evening. I think Italy will be too strong for the Czechs therefore we really need to win as a draw would put us out, if Italy win that is.

Yeah he is quality, hope he settles in well and early in England so we can see the best of him striaght away unlike Ronaldo.

:blink: Orrrrrrrrrrrr, hope he gets his leg broken and Manure never, ever, EVER see the best of him. Geez, who the hell do you support?

Like I say, I'm more interested in Matt Derbyshire getting his big break,and some of the players that are being picked over him, I think it stinks of Pearce sulking and taking it out on matty..

It is a little surprising but I hardly think Pearce would sink to that level . He's about the most honest and straight bloke that English football has produced in recent decades .

It is a little surprising but I hardly think Pearce would sink to that level . He's about the most honest and straight bloke that English football has produced in recent decades .

Well,I hope he proves me wrong and Matty gets a run out at some point.I mean Mark Hughes didn't back Pearce,and all this can't be easy for Matt Derbyshire who's stuck in the middle.If matt does get his chance then I hope he does us all proud just like he did in the 3-3 draw against the Italians at Wembley

Guest shoppybrfc
:blink: Orrrrrrrrrrrr, hope he gets his leg broken and Manure never, ever, EVER see the best of him. Geez, who the hell do you support?

Have you not heard of karma, :angry: Cant believe someone would wish for a opponent to break his leg, whoever the bloke is, he's a human being, theres no need to wish a potential career ending injury on someone! some players never get back to their old selves after such injuires.

Anybody good enough to play regularly for England these days will have broken into the full squad by the time they are 17/18/19. The under 21's are pretty meaningless as a result.

What?! That's ridiculous. I can't be bothered going through the whole squad with who did and who didn't play for the u21's before the full squad, but it's a lot.

Players like Lampard, Hargreaves, Crouch, Robinson, Terry etc. didn't make the squads until their mid 20s. Only world class players who have physically developed earlier than most (Rooney etc.) will make it in at such an early age.

Agreed, and its an excuse to go down to the pub and watch a bit of live footy.

Holland now favorites to win it. Its a must win game this evening. I think Italy will be too strong for the Czechs therefore we really need to win as a draw would put us out, if Italy win that is.

After the Italians got a goal back against England,they looked superb,you could tell the quality and why they've been so sucessful in past tournaments..

Your right lol, the weathers gorgeous and that and live footy are both good enough reasons to get down to pub ,,,you've convinced me.

• Backroom
Goodness, what an awful match. Don't know what England are playing at but it isn't football. Absolutely dire so far. Okay so we have a goal but, really! :angry:

Aye, I agree mum.. and Milner especially is having a 'mare :ph34r:

There was a Serbian player down, probably cramps (if it's called like that), he got the ball on the edge of the box, controlled and with a low diagonally strike in the far corner he left the keeper no chance. Very good goal.

Get them Serbians chucked out the competition.

Even after Matt offered an handshake to KKarcar at the end, they carried it n in the tunnel after.Reports say Matt was spat at.

Reports say its being reported to U.E.F.A.

I shouldn't say it, but Serbia are scum.

Archived