BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Under21 Championship

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Richardson was the worst. Talk about Tugay's invisible friend - now we know where he is....... <_< No-one seemed to want the ball, they just stood and watched as the Serbs pounced on it time after time.

Matty was class. No-one would pass to him though. He didn't see the ball after the goal.

The stuff with the Serbs was disgraceful. They hit the turf at every opportunity, then when Matty got the goal they started a ruck. Then we had the 'injured' one stretchered off only to jump up as soon as they got to the touchline.

Don't know what the sending off was about.

One thing though, if they play like that in the semi they've no chance. Tactics -Get Matty on and pass to him!!!!!!

watching the interview with matty afterwards it looked like he'd taken a couple of blows to the face as well. He played it all down saying it was just handbags in the tunnel afterwards.

Huddlestone swore at a linesman in the heat of the moment, and then was walkin g away from the incident,but the linesman told the ref and the ref sent him off.Apparently swearing at officials goes on all the time.So it's very petty to say the least.

Matt Derbyshire gets ganged up on by 8 Serbs,and all the other argy bargy and nothing said, buut Huddlestone is the only one suspended from the semi's for next to nothing

I liked what Wilkins said after when asked what would he off done if he had put the ball out of play..his relpy.."I would of put Matt out"

A lot of controversy, but as Pearce said later, he is only interested in the team doing well, the other stuff is up to the F.A top sort out.

Matty was class. No-one would pass to him though.

Oh dear, what nonsense. So players won't even pass to someone from Rovers now? Give the 'we're a small town club and no-one likes us' thing a rest, it's getting a bit silly.

I do agree with your last point though. As good as Nugent is, maybe a full season in the Championship (he must have played about 50 games including cup and international) have taken their toll on him, Derbyshire seems far sharper and should provide a bigger threat alongside Lita.

Oh dear, what nonsense. So players won't even pass to someone from Rovers now? Give the 'we're a small town club and no-one likes us' thing a rest, it's getting a bit silly.

I do agree with your last point though. As good as Nugent is, maybe a full season in the Championship (he must have played about 50 games including cup and international) have taken their toll on him, Derbyshire seems far sharper and should provide a bigger threat alongside Lita.

They weren't passing to Nugent or Lita either.

Huddlestone swore at a linesman in the heat of the moment, and then was walkin g away from the incident,but the linesman told the ref and the ref sent him off.Apparently swearing at officials goes on all the time.So it's very petty to say the least.

Petty?

Its the clearest sending off there is. Any "professional" footballer who swears at an official should have the book thrown at them.

Don't ever become a footballer , mate......

Stu's right.

Football authorities don't do anywhere near enough to stamp it out of the game. There should be zero tolerance on any form of swearing or arguing with officials until the players learn to respect the referee like the players do in Rugby.

Petty?

Its the clearest sending off there is. Any "professional" footballer who swears at an official should have the book thrown at them.

You can include amatuer players aswell in that.

Don't ever become a footballer , mate......

What relevance that has to my point about how stupid any footballer is to swear at a match official Ill never know.

If Huddlestone swore, he deserved to walk. End of discussion.

You can include amatuer players aswell in that.

I was implying a level of amateurishness! :P

Stu's right.

Football authorities don't do anywhere near enough to stamp it out of the game. There should be zero tolerance on any form of swearing or arguing with officials until the players learn to respect the referee like the players do in Rugby.

First of all it depends on what was said to the linesman who had just incorrectly given a dangerous free kick against Baines. If he's actually called or abused him then he walks. End of. However it's not always black and white. Officials have to use common sense depending on the circumstances. If he's said something along the lines of 'no F way' or ' For f sake' then it shouldn't be a red. As much as you want to you can't outlaw swearing on a football pitch otherwise it would be a mockery. Whether he deserved to be sent off only the players and officials who heard it actually know.

(The rugby argument always makes me laugh becuase they just bite their tongue to the referee and then can legally spend the next 2 minutes in a ruck pushing, punching and butting their frustration away. If what happened on a rugby pitch happened at football it would be carnage. Duncan Ferguson got jailed for his headbut, yet buts, punches and the good old spear tackle happen every game at rugby.)

Now one of the main jobs of the officials is to ensure the safety of the players. What makes me laugh is that he can send Huddlestone off, yet 8 or 9 Serbian players can chase 1 player and then clearly elbow, push and punch any England players that come near. If none of the 4 officials can pick out anybody who threw a punch, a hard push or an elbow then they are surely incompetent. My opinion is that they did see some of the players invovled but diplomatically bottled it and booked 1 from each side, otherwise they'd have ended up sending off multiple Serbs. IMO their offences warranted more severe punishment than Huddlestones did.

First of all it depends on what was said to the linesman who had just incorrectly given a dangerous free kick against Baines. If he's actually called or abused him then he walks. End of. However it's not always black and white. Officials have to use common sense depending on the circumstances. If he's said something along the lines of 'no F way' or ' For f sake' then it shouldn't be a red. As much as you want to you can't outlaw swearing on a football pitch otherwise it would be a mockery. Whether he deserved to be sent off only the players and officials who heard it actually know.

(The rugby argument always makes me laugh becuase they just bite their tongue to the referee and then can legally spend the next 2 minutes in a ruck pushing, punching and butting their frustration away. If what happened on a rugby pitch happened at football it would be carnage. Duncan Ferguson got jailed for his headbut, yet buts, punches and the good old spear tackle happen every game at rugby.)

Now one of the main jobs of the officials is to ensure the safety of the players. What makes me laugh is that he can send Huddlestone off, yet 8 or 9 Serbian players can chase 1 player and then clearly elbow, push and punch any England players that come near. If none of the 4 officials can pick out anybody who threw a punch, a hard push or an elbow then they are surely incompetent. My opinion is that they did see some of the players invovled but diplomatically bottled it and booked 1 from each side, otherwise they'd have ended up sending off multiple Serbs. IMO their offences warranted more severe punishment than Huddlestones did.

Totally agreed,and my remark petty was in comparison to all the other disgraeful events that went on during and after the match.

The ganging up on Derbyshire,the racist abuse from sections of the Sebian crowd towards a England player.The game was provactive from start to finish.

Huddlestone didn t eyeball the linesman or try to make him look stupid, it was just a reaction and he walked away from it.

There's a lot more needs to be looked into, and if its true that Matt Derbyshire was spat at in the tunnel ,that can be added to the list.

People were quick enough to pick up on me saying the sending off was petty , but didn't criticise any of the other stuff in my post.

A yellow card in my opinion would of sufficed ,and as i say again , compared to all the other stuff that went on that went unpunished.Then yes,I say it again ,in comparison "petty"

Lets look at the real issues that need to be adressed about the serbs disgraceful behaviour ,a lot more serious than a player saying a naughty word to a linesman.

Of course if youd have said that in the first place :rolleyes:

It got me pretty het up lol,I was actually saying nice things about the Serbs before the kick-off.

I'm just wondering if we beat Holland and get the Serbs in the final,what a match that will be...i can almost feel the tension just thinking about it.

It got me pretty het up lol,I was actually saying nice things about the Serbs before the kick-off.

I'm just wondering if we beat Holland and get the Serbs in the final,what a match that will be...i can almost feel the tension just thinking about it.

Wouldnt worry about it :lol:

Poor Matt though,he comes on scores a goal, then gets ganged up on,then trys to shake hands at end and gets snubbed ,and then attacked again in tunnel,and all along he hasn't got a clue what he's mean't to off done wrong.

I admit, Derbyshires a bit of an hero to me,and seeing him getting attacked, I saw red, but he handled the all thing like a true pro.I'm just glad he's ok./ B)

Say what you like about Derbyshire, he can't do this, can't do that, blah blah but his goalscoring ratio on loan at Wrexham, for Rovers and now at u21 level is outstanding.

In eighteen months or two years time hmmm................. :tu:

Get them Serbians chucked out the competition.

Even after Matt offered an handshake to KKarcar at the end, they carried it n in the tunnel after.Reports say Matt was spat at.

Reports say its being reported to U.E.F.A.

I shouldn't say it, but Serbia are scum.

I am disgusted to even call myself a Rovers "fan" after reading some of your comments about my nation.. That is not called for, calling us scum.. Derbyshire waltzed past a defender that was down and scored a goal, if this happened to England all of you would be singing a very different tune... I was angry that England didn't put the ball out and angry they celebrated the goal like they did. It was a poor reaction by the Serb players but it was in the heat of an intense contest, there was nothing to it, little push and shove, big deal... As for the spitting incident, if those rumours are true then that is bad..

Agree with our Serbian friend here, the reactions on here are over the top. I'm generally against stopping play when a player is down, most of the times the player can pick himself up in time if he wants to. However, I'm sure there would be reactions from the England players if it was the other way around. And it wasn't really a mass brawl either, was it? I didn't see a single punch (have only seen the situation once mind you) or kick, so what's all the fuss about? England are through, you should be pleased about that instead.

Archived