SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stevens Outcome

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad the scope of the enquiry only covered the last 4 years. :blink:

Why's that Scotty ?

I live in hope that the enquiries will start to delve further into history ........in particular the period covering the transfer involving Souness and a certain serie B player .....

Why's that Scotty ?

I live in hope that the enquiries will start to delve further into history ........in particular the period covering the transfer involving Souness and a certain serie B player .....

I'd rather the enquiries stayed well away from our club!

Whatever potentially libellous statements we want to make about Souness and his (allegedly) crooked signings, let's not forget that some of them were just plain dumb. :lol:

thinking of all the little signings souness did i hope they dont investigate them further

remember that Turkish full back who played like 3 games and then left... and thats one example

that's a little harsh.. i think he went back because he was homesick and couldn't settle in england. I actually thought and still think he's been the best left back we had since le saux, albeit for a short period only. Warnock is of course, going someway to challenging that.

Unsal (spelling?) was a great player, a real shame that things didn't work out.

Yeah Hakan Unsal, he was a good addition to our squad. Also he kicked the ball at rivaldo in the WC, that makes him even better. :rover:

Nothing will come of this whatsoever, especially when it comes to the managers - they're far too smart to be caught out. Even if they were found guilty of blatant bribery, the powers that be would probably just give 'em a £50 fine and a slap on the wrist.

Sorry, is it just me, or has this so called inquiry been going on for fifteen months and they've uncovered precisely the square root of bugger all?

Lots of nudge nudge wink wink innuendo - no solid evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

No surprise whatsoever to see Willie Mckay mentioned (and by implication his long time sidekick Souness) but I'm almost feeling sorry for them because for all the innuendo there's no actual evidence anyone has done anything wrong.

That reminded me of ex-Cabinet Minister Aitken's Sword of Truth statement before he was sent to prison.

Apart from Chelsea whom I would have thought had too much money to need to do anything stupid and an owner who really does not want to become a fugitive from English law, I cannot think the Stevens list comes as any surprise to anybody.

If Stevens is as legal process driven as the Guardian portray him to be, this particular genie has decamped from football's bottle to the Old Bill's bottle. Remember, the forecast was for the findings to be made public AFTER the Sheff U arbitration next week which was the Prem's wish.

As for the Rovers and Souness, there is nothing to stop Rovers engaging their own investigators to see if they have good cause to institute a civil damages claim against their former Manager if they suspect he was repeating old tricks when the Newcastle Manager as opposed to learning new ones.

Mike Ashley must be looking at this with interest- Newcastle's past looking murky and they responded by appointing a new manager who has arrived with his own past under suspicion. Perhaps a pattern emerging?

Summary of the Stevens findings. Read and draw your own conclusions. In particular, Stevens fully exhonerates Phil Gartside and BWFC but is then strangely silent when he could have said the same about other chairmen and clubs.

As for the Rovers and Souness, there is nothing to stop Rovers engaging their own investigators to see if they have good cause to institute a civil damages claim against their former Manager if they suspect he was repeating old tricks when the Newcastle Manager as opposed to learning new ones.

They would hardly do that - any investigation would surely reveal their negligence in his dealings . £7m for Grabbi ? In the final analysis the manager doesn't write the cheques !!

They would hardly do that - any investigation would surely reveal their negligence in his dealings . £7m for Grabbi ? In the final analysis the manager doesn't write the cheques !!

Read the Stevens report- Bolton have already done precisely what I have suggested Rovers should do which is why Stevens exhonerates the club and Gartside as the investigation found them totally clean.

However Allardyce x 2 have a big ? as I read it.

The club had better get a move on though as the Statute of Limitations will shartly put the Grabbi deal beyond action.

Not directly linked but Boro's Gibson wants agent Harrison thrown out of football. So would 99% of all football fans if there were a poll.

blue phil, you are cynical, I am a realist. Given the probity of the people behind the Walker Trust, they would chase the case if they believe there were a realistic opportunity to recover money.

Jack Walker himself appointed Souness when the Scot's career had foundered and I doubt anyone would think Jack was involved in anything that has caused Quest to name Souness- so why assume the Trust or the Rovers' higher management are/were?

I am sure the fans are not alone in looking at some of Souness' transfer dealings at Ewood and thinking what was the difference between the Grabi move and the Boumsong move for instance.

And quite why was Souness so keen to see the back of Andy Cole, David Dunn and Damien Duff? And why was Duff turned so cynical virtually over night by his move to Chelsea?

The Quest team has pointedly stated that nobody currently employed at Bolton Wanderers is under question and I am equally certain that also applies to Blackburn Rovers (including the Souness era dealings).

The 17th transfer is the key to Stevens. Is it simply some minor irregularity which they had to report to the authorities or is it the king domino (together with the money laundering arrest) which will cause the chains to break?

All of Souness' transfers had to be approved by the board, I'm sure. You must look for conspiracies in all places if you think activating a minimum release clause is suspicious...

"Former Newcastle manager Graeme Souness has launched a bid to take over Coventry. (News of the World)"

Just caught this at half past 3 this morning after finishing work on SSN. I guess he has saved his severance pay from all his sackings. As I like Coventry, I hope this is just crap. They've only just been bought themselves anyway.

"Former Newcastle manager Graeme Souness has launched a bid to take over Coventry. (News of the World)"

Just caught this at half past 3 this morning after finishing work on SSN. I guess he has saved his severance pay from all his sackings. As I like Coventry, I hope this is just crap. They've only just been bought themselves anyway.

Links him with Man City in the Sunday Express.

Archived