BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixture Countdown

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be the 4th time we played Bolton on my birthday and we aint never lost ! That is from the records I have looked at from 1888.

Another plus for me is that on that date whenever we have played a northwest club, we have seem to win most games !

JHC I am bored !

Tough start - particularly if the Villa home game is removed.

Does anybody know the UEFA Cup dates or if they haven't been announced yet. Tried looking on UEFA.com and couldn't see them

Don't want to count my chickens just yet, but when choosing games to come up for I tend to try and go for Saturday games as its a pain doing a 6 hour journey back on a Sunday night( I know - not a real fan, part-time supporter blah blah blah!)

Septic Kayos still has the feeling it will be Wigs away or Villa at Home

Not too far wrong with the Villa at home.

Anyway, on first glance and thoughts does nobody else feel its a bit of a dull fixture list? :huh:

My first thoughts were it was a bad set of fixtures but looking at them again I'm quite happy. We've got a nice opportunity to make a decent start and set ourselves up for a good season.

Out of the first 10 games there's only Chelsea & Arsenal I'm unsure about. We can beat Everton away and the rest are against teams you would expect us to beat if we are aspiring for a top 6 finish. Then come Spurs, Liverpool & United - a tricky three games but we have another 10/11 games after this where the only top 4 side we'll be playing is Chelsea. We have another 3/4 tough games towards the end of the season but we've had a good finish the last 2 seasons so shouldnt fear anyone...

:)

Derby and Brum last two games could be a killer if they are still fighting for survival. Both Christmas games away is no fun either.

Apart from that OK ish.

The Villa home game on the Wednesday will be moved if we survive the Intertoto excursion so we are going to have to keep the hoodoo going on Boro if we are not going to be under a lot of pressure at home to Arsenal and then when we visit Goodison. Co uld be a recipe for a fearsome start under new ownership.

Saw on the Rovers Mad site that it costs £266 + VAT to publish the fixtures on a website!!!!! No wonder you don't see them on supporters sites.

Back to our fixtures, it does seem like we have a relatively good start only L'Arse and Chelski the major obstacles. Fingers crossed.

Saw on the Rovers Mad site that it costs £266 + VAT to publish the fixtures on a website!!!!! No wonder you don't see them on supporters sites.

Thats not 100% accurate.. last time we had the license, it cost us something like a quid, but you have to go through a number of other hoops as well. You also have to get the clubs approval before the licensing people will let you publish them - thats not a problem we've had as we have a decent relationship with the club, but I can see why other clubs sites dont get access to fixtures.

Not a bad start, but was hoping for a home game. We have a decent record up at Boro, so hopefully we can beat them. Bit disappointed we are away on the opening day and final day (especially to teams like Boro and Big Club)

This will be the 4th time we played Bolton on my birthday and we aint never lost ! That is from the records I have looked at from 1888.

Another plus for me is that on that date whenever we have played a northwest club, we have seem to win most games !

JHC I am bored !

Crumbs 1864, I never thought you were that old! I never realised that the 1864 bit in your handle was actually your birth year. :)

its an awful end to the eseason if you ask me , howeverf if we are right in the mix it could be very interesting

nice to send Brum back down though !

Sunderland home NYD should ensure a full house

Bolton at home on my birthday - guarantees an end to the Bolton home game Jinx, we always win when we play them on my birthday !

May ends with with a relegation send of for Brum and a trip to Wembley and in between the Eufa Cup final !! :brfc:

sounds like my bar bill on 12th Jan at Bolton is going to be a bit heavy then 1864!

At least the boxing day (or St. Stephens day) game is only in Manchester - if it was Pompey, then there'd be complaints!

And the last game of the season in St. Andrews... waving them off through the trapdoor... I can live with that!

Archived