BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixture Countdown

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fixtures are generally very good. We've got lots of good runs of winable matches with the tricky big four games in between. :rover:

The tough point could be facing Liverpool and United consecutively near the end of the campaign when we hopefully will be trying to secure a place in Europe. :unsure:

In fact, I've just noticed, we face them ONE AFTER THE OTHER TWICE in the season! :angry::huh:

Having looked through the fixtures I think we have done quite well.

LINK to the fixures including Intertoto, UEFA,FA and Carling Cup games.

I was going to paste an image but I was unsure whether it was allowed.

Are those UEFA Cup dates correct or based on the equivalent dates this year?

Not great for the club and the fans to be starting and ending with away games with an away game on Boxing Day. But, on top of that, they aren't so good for me because most of the away London games that I would usually go to are on problematic dates. Not happy at all :(, I suppose it's just the luck of the draw for me.

What a great last week to the season.

Wonder what odds we will get on Blackburn Sending down Birmingham on the last day and then being in the UEFA cup final 3 days later?!

Cant wait to send BIG CLUB back down.

Has anyone got any tips for travel to 'Boro away - thinking of going, but the train takes over 3 hours and is over £40. What's it like for parking up there?

virtually all the parking is off-road (factory yards) or side streets. The traffic can be a big mess with big Q's after the game. I suggest, if you are from the Blackburn area, to go official travel which tends to get to games on time most times.

Has anyone got any tips for travel to 'Boro away - thinking of going, but the train takes over 3 hours and is over £40. What's it like for parking up there?

Pretty good ........the train just pulls up at the side of the station ...

Find it's best to park in the town, near McDonalds and take a 15min walk to the ground. Easier to get away at the end avoiding the queques from the car parks next to the ground.

Find it's best to park in the town, near McDonalds and take a 15min walk to the ground. Easier to get away at the end avoiding the queques from the car parks next to the ground.

I have driven to Boro on a couple of occasions and there is a cark park right next to the away end if I remember rightly. Its a bit of a trek into town though if you fancied a beer or two.

Boro is one of the best away trips for me. Last season we found a couple of cracking bars!

Does anyone happen to know Sky and Setanta announce their fixtures? I am sure that it only used to be a couple of days after the fixtures are announced.

i believe it's the start of july.

pay per view start advertising their season ticket around then with their listed games.

• 11 months later...
I think it is next Thursday when next seasons fixtures come out-but cannot find it anywhere confirmed. Anyone? Need to know what I can't go to!

Official site claims that its Monday 16th June.

The fixtures have been released to Police authorities at 4pm today for operational reasons.

Officially they go out at 0900 Monday morning, media at 1000.

I believe PNE at away when we kick off (week after the Championship begins) so that will mean a Rovers home game UNLESS we are on TV at home !!

Archived