BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the Hitmn's gonna win on points. A win's a win, but not the 'Home-coming' he'd have dreamed of, im sure!

HUH????????????? HE WAS FANTASTIC

fought after illness and the preacher worried after rd one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you ever fought competevily one on one?

Yes he had his moments, and of course you have to take your hat off for him fighting in the same week he had a chest infection. But what i was saying was that he would have dreamed of a victory by knock-out in the 3rd or something, especially infront of his own fans. Also, for a Hatton performance it looked a little placid, but as you've said, he was ill earlier in the week. It would seem that Hatton might need to look back over this fight and see where he may get back on top form.

And no, i've never fought competitively but i have watched the sport of boxing for a while. You?

me? boxing only sparring but hard sparring.Competitive sport yes,olympic wrestling .I was national champ and wrestled a few times for GB.Im also a qualified wrestling coach but cant do any now due all the training ive done since I was 5 years old.I used to lose weight hatton style as well and ended up in a near coma after shedding two stones in a fortnight and being so dehydrated during a fight and got knocked out in glasgow and woke up in blackburn 4 days later.I think that was in the top 5 hatton performences following his illness and think he should of bit the bullet and pulled out last week and rescheduled.

I thought Hatton was decent last night, good tempo throughout. Many more positives than negatives.

One of my main concerns is his susceptibility to a left hook, if he continues to fight top draw opponents (which Lazcano isn't) this could be a real flaw and it needs sorting out.

Personally I think he has enough to beat Paulie Malignaggi, most probably on points, Malignaggi couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag but like Hatton has the heart of a lion.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

Khan in my opinion does not have what it takes to be a world champion. The main reason is that defensively he is shocking and seems not to have a very strong chin, he is a superb attacking boxer but the very best boxers in the world will take him apart.

khan v gomez has been quality after 2 rounds!

I thought it was excellent entertainment but when the referee stepped in to stop Gomez, i, definitely think the match was fixed as the ref jumped in far far too soon.

This fight should have been allowed to go on further as Gomez had been soaking up Khans punches then coming back with some of his own.FIX!

I thought it was excellent entertainment but when the referee stepped in to stop Gomez, i, definitely think the match was fixed as the ref jumped in far far too soon.

You definitely think it was fixed? That's some statement. A ludicrous one mind, there's no way that was fixed.

You definitely think it was fixed? That's some statement. A ludicrous one mind, there's no way that was fixed.

The ref was far far far too keen to step in and stop it.

Spoke to a few friends about the fight and they are suspicious that something underhand went on here.

khan will get battered if he takes on a true world champion.He got caught with a fairy cake punch and ended up on his arse,ive taken harder punches in the ring and laughed.Glass chinned piggie at best.someone mentioned fixed,i said to my lad the way khan winked at gomez at the end of two? was a bit suss,wasnt a respet wink but dogy.i know what i mean but im stellaed

This fight should have been allowed to go on further as Gomez had been soaking up Khans punches then coming back with some of his own.FIX!

I went to the fight last night. It was impressive the way Gomez kept on punching but make no mistake, he got a proper hiding.

Khan needs to work on his defence and needs to start taking on some of the better fighters out there. Last night's fight was fantastic but there aren't many decent opponents around and he has had too many short fights.

IMO Khan can become a genuine great but he's not there yet.

Khan will ALWAYS take bad shots and from the looks of it will never have the best chin, he needs to cover those weaknesses with his defence because his strengths (power, handspeed, combinations etc) are incredible.

He's talking about going up against Manny Pacquiao. His people need to keep him well away from him yet. Pacquiao will destroy him until Khan improves his defence. Pacman has his sights set on stepping up to face Hatton anyway - a whole different subject but as much as Pacman is a great Featherweight, that'd be a total mismatch in my eyes.

Archived