BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Thread

9 of us flying out tomorrow, just weighing up if £500 for a seat in the gods is actually worth it :wacko: or just stick with the 10k seater live screening?

As for the fight itself I think Hatton will struggle if he doesn't win in the early stages. Mayweather is technically brilliant and will get on his bike after round 5 and look classy doing it. I don't think Mayweather has a hope in hell of knocking Hatton out; his last knockout win was 1999.

The words coming out of Hatton’s gym are extremely encouraging also, so time will tell.

Why did n't you update me you were coming you plonker.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone watching the Mayweather v Hatton 24/7 programme on Sky Sports?

Make sure you catch it if you can, it's brilliant stuff!

That's what I watched on HBO, I think it has endeared our Yank cousins to Ricky's cause.

I don't know if it's not possible - it's certianly pretty unlikely though. Not least because beating PBF on points anywhere would be a massive achievement, let alone in Vegas.

Can't wait for this now. Also looking forward to seeing Jeff Lacy on the undercard.

I've had butterflies all day regarding this fight. I've sorted my evening out. The girlfriend isn't coming to mine, I found a takeaway which will deliver Pizza at 2am, drinks lined up and sitting on my PC playing Football Manager until the fight starts so I def won't fall asleep.

I hope Graham Earl gives Khan a good fight because he's had a pretty good record in the past (25 wins out of 27) and Khan needs to fight boxers who will cause him trouble so he can learn and make mistakes early in his career rather than in the future against the top fighters.

Does anyone know the undercard for the Hatton fight on Sky Box Office?

Can't wait for this now. Also looking forward to seeing Jeff Lacy on the undercard.

Lacy is fighting that reality TV bum that Calzaghe paggered isn't he. (Is that how you spell paggered. Its a word Ive never typed before )

Lacy is fighting that reality TV bum that Calzaghe paggered isn't he. (Is that how you spell paggered. Its a word Ive never typed before )

Yes he is - Peter Manfredo Jr. There is also Escobedo V Ponce De Leon. I think Matthew Hatton is fighting too - can't remember who against though.

Earl is a good fighter and Khan made him look average but I just don't want him to end up facing much tougher guys without learning from his own mistakes in the ring first and getting punished for it like when Hamed got picked to bits against Barrera

When he fought Willie Limond, Khan was knocked down and really struggled through parts of the fight and he must have learnt more in that fight than the previous dozen before that and it's those kind of fights which help young fighters become better fighters and also learn how to adapt to certain situations which might happen.

What happens if Khan fights someone who can counter Khans style? He needs a plan B but hasn't had the opportunity to use it.

I hope i'm totally wrong but without him fighting a top fighter, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

You won't find many other fans to compete with us when it comes to making an atmosphere.

Boxers go to America for the money but big time boxing needs to come to Britain for the atmosphere at a boxing match.

Said that, England as a sporting nation in terms of fans are , in my opinion, the best in the world.

Look at world cups, (footy). Rugby WC in 2003, final in aus , half the ground was English and it was in Aus. Brillaint.

Archived