BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Now that takes me back. That word was included every week in our weekly spelling test in my 1st form days. I still struggle not to use a double 's'.

I've spent more of my life trying to spell it than understand the concept. I do instinctively believe in the basic principle though.

What, you're for the removal of the link between Church and the state?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The longest word in English is actually Antidisestablishmentarianism. Others claim to be longer but are not in major dictionaries. So now you know in case you didn't.

:

/Pedant mode on/

The longest word in the English language is PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS which is a kind of lung disease. It's in Chambers and Websters dictionaries. There are much longer chemical names (one has over 1000 letters) but they are always described using symbols rather than their full names so don't really count.

Never take me on in a pub quiz.....

/pedant mode off/

Rovers for £55million takeover?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=75688

Keegan wants £10million Bentley

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=75671

Also Ramos wants £10million Santa Cruz if Berbatov goes.

£10million for Bentley! Kev... you wont get his left foot for that! (therfore bullplop)

£10million for Santa Cruz... (as above! if Berbatov is worth around the £30million mark,,, why not Santa?)

Why is it Rovers players that always get undervalued?

I think the Santa Cruz one is just Spuds fans that a journalists trying to spread rumours about Santa Cruz, if Berbatov leaves, simply because thats who they'd like to see at the club... not who Ramos would...

Moussa Dembele is a really exciting prospect and could we get him it would be awesome. The guy is a winger/striker aged 20 and teams like Real are after him but he would prefer to play for a smaller club instead of playing in the B-team.

Where is nicko today? Waiting for news!

/Pedant mode on/

The longest word in the English language is PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS which is a kind of lung disease. It's in Chambers and Websters dictionaries. There are much longer chemical names (one has over 1000 letters) but they are always described using symbols rather than their full names so don't really count.

Never take me on in a pub quiz.....

/pedant mode off/

To be fair to him, he did say that there were some that didn't appear in all of them and if it isn't in the OED, it isn't really a word.

Moussa Dembele is a really exciting prospect and could we get him it would be awesome. The guy is a winger/striker aged 20 and teams like Real are after him but he would prefer to play for a smaller club instead of playing in the B-team.

Where is nicko today? Waiting for news!

Yeah, i've heard good things about him, would be an excellent signing and maybe Rigters could go the other way.

Hopefully Nicko is working on a Rovers story.

Yeah, i've heard good things about him, would be an excellent signing and maybe Rigters could go the other way.

Hopefully Nicko is working on a Rovers story.

Seems like a few people know something about this fella. I personally don't have a scooby so could someone give me (and ther ignarami) a bit of detail. What sort of playe is he? (Quick, skillful, inteliigent etc?). Is he more of an established talent than, say, Rigters was when he came over?

He played against Newcastle in a UEFA Cup game I watched and also against Everton which I caught a bit off.

I can remember him being lively and liked running at the opposition, looked balanced and had good technique.

Apart from that I just heard good things about him, and he has been linked to a few 'big' clubs, like Real as mentioned above.

AZ have quite a few good players, so it could be someone else he is looking at, Maarten Martens is another good midfielder they have,

Sorry for the silence...been out and about.

THE ASIAN TAKEOVER...I believe these are the same people I wrote about in the People four months ago. If they are still trying then they are obviously serious. However the figurs mentioned seem a bit high. If you recall they would not answer my questions last time, but I will try again.

SIGNIGNS...I am still trying to find out if the trialist is over. I think Faye is OFF. Koumas is still a possible. And I'm interested in Sparky's travels yesterday, I said he was somwehere. The chief scout was in France...I now know where, but bear with me until I get a name.

In other words, it's finally getting busy.

I can't be bothered with this "sale" nonsense. When the board and trustees have something good to tell us (and remember; Jack's will and the rules of the trust will make sure it's good), they'll tell us. In the meantime, this French thing. Somebody mentioned PSG earlier. Any chance it could be Jérôme Rothen?

Archived