[Archived] Maceo Rigters

So we have

McCarthy

Roberts

Derbyshire

Jeffers

Ritgers

PLUS Nonda Gally

I suspect no deal for Nonda, and probably bye bye Jeffers.

Leaving no room for Bellamy, unless Benni or Jason bog off.

i reckon benni will stay (famous last words probably bugger off tomorrow) all mouth no trousers in my opinion, if anyone i reckon it will be roberts, if we get a decent offer in i can see him going

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the fact that they may now be people fighting for places next season! :) i wasnt pleased tht benni were playing when he were having bad games! he should of been dropped maybe next year he will! dont get me wrong lmao, he is a good player but i dont believe players shoudl eb palying wen there out of form!

I watched most of the European Under-21 Championship matches and Rigters is big, raw, athletic and has immense potential. I'm amazed Rovers have got him.

So he's a young Jason Roberts or a young Shabani Nonda? Happy with the latter straight off, and happy with the former if we get another striker with a proven record.

Imagine a quartet of Bellamy, McCarthy, Derbyshire and Rigters. :tu:

However, we'll probably end up with Nonda, Derbyshire, Rigters and Jeffers. :(

The former mentioned strike force doesn't excite me at all Bill. Rigters might become an amazing player one day, and it looks like a good signing, but to progress next season we need a top quality striker who is ready now. I just can't see that happening :(

Have I missed Mark Hughes saying that's our transfer business done for the summer?! To me it looks as though Celtic's interest has probably brought forward the decision to make a move and with his low fee it doesnt look to be a massive gamble if it doesnt come off.

Now it looks as though things are starting to pick up can we have Bellamy in too by the end of the week? ;)

The former mentioned strike force doesn't excite me at all Bill. Rigters might become an amazing player one day, and it looks like a good signing, but to progress next season we need a top quality striker who is ready now. I just can't see that happening :(

The first quartet included Bellamy and McCarthy with Derbs and Rigters. You don't think that's a top quality first choice pair?

There's no way we will get "a top quality striker" and keep both Roberts and McCarthy. Of those two I know who I'd rather keep if we were guaranteed Bellamy back.

The first quartet included Bellamy and McCarthy with Derbs and Rigters. You don't think that's a top quality first choice pair?

There's no way we will get "a top quality striker" and keep both Roberts and McCarthy. Of those two I know who I'd rather keep if we were guaranteed Bellamy back.

Apologies Bill, I misread that!

I am happy with this signing especially regarding the fee

Any questions left about Maceo Rigters?

As a life long NAC Breda fan i can help :D

But first of all: congratulations!

Anyone know what the fee is?

Can you tell me that if as a wide player was he fast? and could he finish?

do you think he has what it takes to suceed in the prem?

do you think he could be a regular goalscorer?

and do you think he will be better playing up front or out on the wing?

thanks alot m8

btw the fee is rumoured to be around 500k

Any questions left about Maceo Rigters?

As a life long NAC Breda fan i can help :D

But first of all: congratulations!

Anyone know what the fee is?

Bedanken!

Not sure on price, press suggested 350,000 - 400,000 GBP.

Sorry to see him go?

Tot ziens!

Never heard of him before, and I have not seen him play. By the sound of it we have bought a player on the basis of a few goals in the U21-championship. Not expecting much to be honest, glad we did not pay more than we did...

I am happy with this signing especially regarding the fee

Can you tell me that if as a wide player was he fast? and could he finish?

do you think he has what it takes to suceed in the prem?

do you think he could be a regular goalscorer?

and do you think he will be better playing up front or out on the wing?

thanks alot m8

btw the fee is rumoured to be around 500k

-He's got reasonable pace , certainly quicker than most centre halves.

-He is a pretty good finisher

-If he makes it in the prem..? You can never predict this but he does have the assets. He is pretty strong on the ball , good vision and he can create space for himself and decent pace.

-Yes but he wont be a goal machine.

-Definately up front with a partner.

No fee can be given my friend as the fee will remain UNDISCLOSED, there will of course be the rumours of an approximate fee but no one will ever know the true figures.

As for Jeffers, I am certain that he will be off later this week to either Ipswich or Coventry. Nonda will not be an option for Rovers as I think they will go for Bellamy.

It has been reported that its £350,000-£400,000 NAC_Breda. I'd say thats about 700,000 Euros. Not a bad fee at all for a Dutch U-21 player. As previously stated, the fee is 'undisclosed', so It isn't clear just how much he did cost.

Fancy spending your £400,000 on Jeffers? :lol:

-He's got reasonable pace , certainly quicker than most centre halves.

-He is a pretty good finisher

-If he makes it in the prem..? You can never predict this but he does have the assets. He is pretty strong on the ball , good vision and he can create space for himself and decent pace.

-Yes but he wont be a goal machine.

-Definately up front with a partner.

cheers m8

Very pleased we have signed this lad, especially after seeing some of the goals he has scored on YouTube and the positive comments about his ability from our Dutch friends.

For something like £350,000 we have signed a young player with a lot of potential to go with the likes of McArthy, Roberts and Derbyshire. If it doesn;t work out and he doesn't live up to expectations for whatever reason we are unlikely to lose our cash. On top of that he's got to be a better option than Jeffers. However, I think it also means the end of the road for Paul Gallagher and Hughes will allow him to move on. He hasn't developed as we had expected him to and it seems a shame to keep the lad in the reserves forever when he can probably do a job elsewhere.

Anyway, a positive start to our summer transfer dealings and I expect Mr Hughes will pull a few more surprises from up his... er... magic sleeves. And that.

By the sound of it we have bought a player on the basis of a few goals in the U21-championship.

Not to sound harsh but i doubt that hughes would move in purely on seeing him in that competition unless he had good reports back prior to that. He doesn't seem the type of manager to take a gamble on a player he has only seen over a short period of time (2 or 3 weeks).

Rigters will be an investment but hopefully he will settle in well for the coming season, though not many players do for there first season in the premiership.

On the surface this deal looks like another blinder from our amazing football club, Blackburn Rovers.

Like Jim and others, I watched quite a bit of the U21s, and he caught the eye - but not only on the stats sheet as top scorer. The skill comes with a well rounded experience as a flexible forward. Great strikers often spend some of their formative years out wide - if nothing else it's a great place to learn how to value good service into the centre (especially when colleagues waste the offerings).

Quite how we nicked this one ahead of Newcastle and Celtic no longer matters. For three weeks of their wages, Ballack Terry or Lampard could have bought him to clean the hens out or take pens in the garden against the kids. In the loony world of the Premiership, it's as good as a free transfer.

... However, I think it also means the end of the road for Paul Gallagher and Hughes will allow him to move on. He hasn't developed as we had expected him to and it seems a shame to keep the lad in the reserves forever when he can probably do a job elsewhere.

I've never rated Gally at the highest level, and will watch his situation with interest. However, his new deal was so recent that I have to think that "they" still rate him. I'd hate to think he was pressured into signing just so that there was a decent fee for Rovers once the inevitable transfer out happens.

Surely the decent thing would've been to let him go to Stoke last season rather than reignite hopes that he's top level material??

Classic Rovers support

"I am not to happy signing of the most promising dutch players going around for 400K, especially since it was only Newcastle and Celtic that were in opposition, we should have paid 6 million for a good upcoming English boy, someone that we could be proud of"

Spot on neekoy.

We have pulled off one of the coups of the summer and this thread reads like we are totally underwhelmed. We do not know how lucky we are!

A lot of posters sound like they would be happier if this morning's Daily Mail were accurate! (first edition)

For those who read that link after they change it, the report says Rovers missed out on Rigters.

Back to having a laugh at Celtic. Not only is all the news about Celtic dominated by the Rovers but their transfer budget is said to be £12m this summer. If Liverpool sign Torres today, then on the 3rd day of the transfer window, the AVERAGE spend by the 20 Premiership clubs will go past the £8m mark. No wonder Rigters passed up the opportunity of SPL soccer.

Archived