BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Apparant Sky Fixtures

Stu

does that price include the scottish/irish and other european football games ? Not to mention all of the other sports they claim to be showing ? On the article I read it made it unclear whether or not the 9.99 price was for just Barclays Premiership games?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stu

does that price include the scottish/irish and other european football games ? Not to mention all of the other sports they claim to be showing ? On the article I read it made it unclear whether or not the 9.99 price was for just Barclays Premiership games?

Tis 9.99 for all the channels they offer, including rangers/celtic tv etc. I think there are currently 8 channels.

And what was your advice 2 months ago?

It ws free for a year if the favourite won the derby and you signed up that week. I signed up, but hedged my bets and layed the horse with betfair - so lost £86, but get Setanta free for the year :)

Tis 9.99 for all the channels they offer, including rangers/celtic tv etc. I think there are currently 8 channels.

It ws free for a year if the favourite won the derby and you signed up that week. I signed up, but hedged my bets and layed the horse with betfair - so lost £86, but get Setanta free for the year :)

Any way to cut down the Sky Sports package. I think I'm paying about £36 a month and I've heard quite a few threatening to leave/cancel the subscription and they reduce their fee. What is everyone else paying?

All in all, some decent Rovers games:-

Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal

Saturday 18th August @ 3.00pm - Setanta Sports

• Everton v Blackburn Rovers

Saturday 25th August @ 5.15pm - Setanta Sports

• Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers

Saturday 15th September @ 5.15pm - Setanta Sports

• Fulham v Blackburn Rovers

Sunday 25 November @ 4:00pm - Sky Sports

Surely this is good news for BR, as they should be able to pack a few more fans into the stadium, with the lesser amount of live games on the box. All we need now is to get shot off those pubs showing these lives games on Arabian/Mexican/Algerian/Moroccan/Al-Qaedian channels.

Support Rovers, not ????????!!

Aye and 3 of them on Setanta which I dont get, and the only one on Sky Sports which I do get is right at the end of November. I will be cancelling my subs to Sky Sports tomorrow and saving £37pm.

To be fair, over the years Sky have been pretty good when it comes to covering Rovers. The season we finished 6th I seem to recall that only Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool featured more than us.

Your ire should be directed at the European Union meddlers who decreed that more than one broadcaster has to show live PL games, therefore ensuring that armchair fans now have to throw money at two subscription organisations instead of one.

Any way to cut down the Sky Sports package. I think I'm paying about £36 a month and I've heard quite a few threatening to leave/cancel the subscription and they reduce their fee. What is everyone else paying?

I pay £27 a month for SkyPlus, full sports and multiroom.

how much is setanta on virgin? am really annoyed about this! just got virgin and sky sports 2 months ago!

Why? You knew the football packages had been split.

£15 a month via Virgin Media for the channels.

Is that for ALL the televised games or just ALL the Setanta fixtures?.

If it's the former we're quids in being on Virgin already.

('Bout time they got some bloody HD channels though!)

Is that for ALL the televised games or just ALL the Setanta fixtures?.

If it's the former we're quids in being on Virgin already.

('Bout time they got some bloody HD channels though!)

As it currently stands it is for all the setanta channels (minus Celtic and Rangers TV) - I think. Virgin's website is helplessly out of date so Im going from memory from when I considered switching!

It's going to be sacking off Sky Sports and not subscribing to Setanta for me. Currently looking at Digitalb which should have at least 50% of the games if not all of them. It's either that or German Premiere but that's almost as much as a Sky subscription (although it does have the rights to every single game live).

saw that too. but there are rumours of a virgin / setanta coalition to make a new sports news channel....

freeview and sky customers only pay £10 per month though :angry:

Your deals not looking so hot now then! lol

As for you living in a cave, it is portsmouth :P

I guess it's time to reconsider Sky Sports and look at going to a pub with setanta.

Your deals not looking so hot now then! lol

As for you living in a cave, it is portsmouth :P

I guess it's time to reconsider Sky Sports and look at going to a pub with setanta.

the pubs down hear have mostly stopped showing the footy as it's too expensive.

i think my plan to have setanta for the months when rovers play works lol.though it's still £45 for 3 matches :@

i guess sky sports will have the highlights anyway.

i like the wrestling so it's worth keeping sky sports. and setanta are only showing something like 46 matches all season.

I pay £27 a month for SkyPlus, full sports and multiroom.

Why? You knew the football packages had been split.

How on Earth did you manage that? I pay £37pm for Sky+ with just the Sports package and nothing else! :angry:

And I had to buy my SKY+ box at £199 ; they are letting new subscribers have the box for £99 now, and if you stop your subcription and then go back to start again after a while, they still want the same price you payed originally for the programme package. They have all ex-customers on a database!!

How on Earth did you manage that? I pay £37pm for Sky+ with just the Sports package and nothing else! :angry:

Its amazing what a threat to cancel will do. :)

I believe they have stopped keeping people sweet though, but its worth a try.

Its amazing what a threat to cancel will do. :)

I believe they have stopped keeping people sweet though, but its worth a try.

Yep, I heard that too. They appear to be just chucking free installs of Sky+ at people now. (I got 25% off for the year 6 months ago)

Archived