BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Apparant Sky Fixtures

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delighted that we are featuring so little on sky and not only that, 1/2 of our 4 games nobody would travel to anyway (chels and fulham) so that means for all the other games our home and away support should be at a maximum that it can be (ie 3pm sat, not on sky). As somebody who goes to alot of games, I couldnt give a monkeys about sky and what games they have on it, i find it a hinderence rather then a benefit. Necessary evil, but still.. Cheers Sky!

:rover:

How on Earth did you manage that? I pay £37pm for Sky+ with just the Sports package and nothing else! :angry:

And I had to buy my SKY+ box at £199 ; they are letting new subscribers have the box for £99 now, and if you stop your subcription and then go back to start again after a while, they still want the same price you payed originally for the programme package. They have all ex-customers on a database!!

That's one thing I like about my wife having kept her last name. If it is under my name and something like that happens, we just cancel and sign up under hers!

I subscribed to Setanta over the weekend (to ensure I am ready for the Intertoto game next Sunday) - and had the first chance to watch a bit tonight.

They had a replay of Reading v Lyon in the Peace Cup from Korea (played this morning), and then live coverage from the Eircom League of Ireland (Shamrock Rovers v UCD). Tomorrow Werder Bremen v Liverpool, and lots more pre-season games to come.

The team presenting the Prem League games is supposedly going to be Angus Scott, Les Ferdinand and Steve McManaman, and they've poached two of Sky's "B" team of commentators - Ian Crocker and Jim Proudfoot.

One things for sure - if you subscribe to both Sky and Setanta, you'll never have to watch Eastenders ever again, which can only be good. Between the two of them you've got Premier League, Football League, Conference, all the cups, Scottish, Irish, Spanish, French, Dutch and German leagues.

What about this new BTVision thing I saw on the news yesterday?

BTVision

Official Site

BT Vision Sport is ideal for fans who have BT Total Broadband but who are unwilling, or unable, to pay high TV sports subscriptions. BT’s “near live” service includes 242 Premier League matches per season and – through a new deal announced today - up to 125 Coca Cola League and Carling Cup games. Fans can also access Setanta Sports’ live action which includes 46 Premier League matches from England and 60 from Scotland (including all the old firm derbies) as well as action from other European football leagues, US PGA tour golf, Nascar and Magners League rugby. BT Vision also offers a library of classic sporting action and documentaries available on demand and supplied by sporting giants ESPN and IMG.

BT Vision Sport offers the most inclusive approach to pricing in the market with prices to suit every budget. Fans can pay £1.99 to watch one of the 242 near-live matches - the first time full Barclays Premier League matches have been available without a TV subscription - or they can choose a subscription which includes all the near-live action for £4 a month. Fans who want Setanta’s live action in addition to BT’s 242 near live matches can get this through the £12 “Total” package which delivers 75 per cent of all Barclays Premier League matches in full.

You need BT Broadband and one of those 'home hub' things, though. There has to be a catch, surely?

You need BT Broadband and one of those 'home hub' things, though. There has to be a catch, surely?

Yes, as you said, you have to be subscribed to BT Broadband. OK, not the worst thing but the costs still start to stack up.

£18 per month for the broadband

£90 (i think they mentioned) for the home hub

£12 per month for the Setanta package.

You can still get Setanta on Broadband for only £7.99 per month.

Showtime in the Middle East is the new channel and ART do not have any games now. My package gives me all 380 games in the Prem League Live. Seems i'll see more Rovers live in Dubai than most people in the UK. Already saving up for the Dubai Brach anual UEFA cup trip.

Mike

Yes, as you said, you have to be subscribed to BT Broadband. OK, not the worst thing but the costs still start to stack up.

£18 per month for the broadband

£90 (i think they mentioned) for the home hub

£12 per month for the Setanta package.

You can still get Setanta on Broadband for only £7.99 per month.

Yeah, that's sort of the cost on cost on cost thing I was wondering. Still, I've got the BT hub thing, and having looked at the website if you sign up before Thursday the box and the installation are free - you pay a £30 'connection fee', and then for whatever games you want to watch. It's tempting...

virgin have a new deal for xl tv customers. setanta will be FREE from 26th of July.

If you have M or L sized tv then it'll only be £8 a month!

Source Digital Spy

The cable group says this is not a "one-off" offer, and the extra channels - Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sports 2, Setanta Golf, Racing UK, Celtic TV and Rangers TV - will form part of Virgin Media's TV XL package on an ongoing basis from July 26.

I am a happy man now! :rover:

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know when the Sky/Setanta fixtures will be announced for the second half of the season?

I believe they announce them on a month by month (ish) basis. That way they are more likely to be showing crunch games at the top or bottom of the league. Not so good though when fans are trying to arrange things around games unsure whether they are going to be moved or not. Not sure how much notice they have to give the clubs when they want to change dates.

Archived