BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Torrent Help

can anyone explain this message,when trying to d/l off a torrent....if im breaking board rules pm me..its doing me head in.

That looks like and error on whichever web site you're downloading from. Can't offer much advice except try again later...

That looks like and error on whichever web site you're downloading from. Can't offer much advice except try again later...

Cant say for certain if it is a problem with the site as they primarily just host the links to download the torrents anyway. It looks like its a problem with the tracker or the seeders. Try a different website or a different link for the file and see what happens.

PM me Abbey and I will try and help you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You need to download a Rar converter to convert RAR files to either Mpeg or Avi, then burn to DVD. You can get the RAR converter programmes free to Download from the net

Rar converter? Rar files are compressed files much like zip. You need a program like winrar to uncompress the files into whatever they should be.

Right, you downloaded some Rared (compressed) file and then Unrared (uncompressed) then, giving you some Avi files? Was it just the one movie split up into chunks or was it 1 file per film, if you downloaded more than one?

Each file should be in its own Avi/JPEG single file.

Once you have the film in one file, be it Avi or JPEG, just burn it to a CD using Nero or something similar.

Right, you downloaded some Rared (compressed) file and then Unrared (uncompressed) then, giving you some Avi files? Was it just the one movie split up into chunks or was it 1 file per film, if you downloaded more than one?

Each file should be in its own Avi/JPEG single file.

Once you have the film in one file, be it Avi or JPEG, just burn it to a CD using Nero or something similar.

I think you mean MPEG instead of JPEG there...

Avi's won't work on a DVD player unless it states it plays divx. If it doesn't then you will have to use a converter to change it to MPEG2.

I didn't think Avi's would work but it was worth a try.

So yes, get yourself a free converter off t'internet, convert it to MPEG and that should work.

And yes bblue, I meant MPEG not JPEG :lol: had just been saving some pictures so got muddled.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to do bits of video editing a while back and I remember using a nice little piece of software that did the job quite easily

http://www.tmpgenc.net/en/download.html

It's free and doesn't ask for much knowledge setting it up for conversions

We use this bit of software at work quite a bit. Do recommend it. Very easy to use, although can take a while to re-encode large video files, although that would depend on the templates used.

Archived