BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Badges

Thirded..... Boros could have done without the ribbon though. Derby also have a new crest. All modern font-y an all. Pointless but not ugly IMO. And such a dodgy reason too: To commemorade their return to the Premiership! Hahaha. As if they won't be down like a shot.

As for ours, well let's just say it's not that ugly but I wouldn't have it tattooed. Least not in colour. Bit poofy with the rose and all. And no I don't have that Lancastrian patriotism so to speak so it's purely based on looks.

I would never ever want our badge to change. However, I'd be happier if I was a Villa fan than a Boro fan as the new Boro badge is completely different.

People soon accept it and forget it though. Man City changed their badge in 1997 (for copyright reasons according to wiki), but most people have forgotten about their older, more rounded badge. Just done a very quick search and I couldnt find an image of it.

I would never ever want our badge to change. However, I'd be happier if I was a Villa fan than a Boro fan as the new Boro badge is completely different.

People soon accept it and forget it though. Man City changed their badge in 1997 (for copyright reasons according to wiki), but most people have forgotten about their older, more rounded badge. Just done a very quick search and I couldnt find an image of it.

How about a return to the Blackburn Borough crest?

Why would you want to commemorate being moments from complete oblivion on your club's badge?

They have done ever since, to remember how close they came to the end, and those who gave blood sweat and tears to stop it from happening.

Why would you want to commemorate being moments from complete oblivion on your club's badge?

The point of the 1986 is that post-86 the club is 'officially' a different one than the one prior to 1986 as the club went into liquidation.

Official Boro Site.

I wonder if Leeds United will officially be known as Leeds United 2007? And then Leeds United 2008, then Leeds United 2009 etc...

The point of the 1986 is that post-86 the club is 'officially' a different one than the one prior to 1986 as the club went into liquidation.

Official Boro Site.

I wonder if Leeds United will officially be known as Leeds United 2007? And then Leeds United 2008, then Leeds United 2009 etc...

I know the story there RayBill. Technically speaking they are the same club (they never

officially folded), and I think it's silly to commemorate coming "close to the end" as Stu puts it. Obviously someone at Boro agrees with me; hence that particular part of the change in the badge.

I know the story there RayBill. Technically speaking they are the same club (they never

officially folded), and I think it's silly to commemorate coming "close to the end" as Stu puts it. Obviously someone at Boro agrees with me; hence that particular part of the change in the badge.

Not to mention of course the very fact that Middlesbrough FC were formed in 1986....

They have done ever since, to remember how close they came to the end, and those who gave blood sweat and tears to stop it from happening.

Sounds like an idea for Burnley to me.....

Here you go !!

Oldmanchestercitylogo.gif

I think Middlesbrough's badge is of decent quality, but Villas is truly awful. There basically is no form of thought and no effort in the design.

As it stands, I've had to redesign our own club logo, which has been existance since the club was formed since 1975. Talk about moving on at -20mph. A lot of the 'old school' in the committee were very difficult to deal with but eventually we got there.

It's a huge difference to the club emblem and it was a difficult task. It started off with six designs which had to incorporate the Youth section. Then once a design was picked, it was then brough to a process of elimination on 4 further variations of that design.

Once I get them up on-line I will let you all see and would appreciate your own opinions. As for our own Rovers badge, I would leave well enough alone. It went through a huge transformation from the 'Red Rose' to what it is now. Then for the emblem for the Academy. Absolutely a superb piece of design.

Archived