BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Night At The Racecourse

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2-1 win

sounds very unimpressive after a 57 day break, beer and holidays.

Also sounds like a couple of players have eyes elsewhere namely McCarthy and Pederson as they dont feature anywhere in the latest bulletins. The defence gives cause for concern as tomorrow we learn our euro destination and in Vetra they have a brazilian who an score goals as we have seen.

The defence worries me :angry:

Get a good nights sleep!!!

IN THE MORNING:

Book a flight to Munich.

AFTER THE MATCH vs DCS BIELEFELD

On the back from the final whistle against Bielefeld, please give us your own views. Please refrain from reading the updates from the game on the official website or indeed logging onto this piece of turd.

Then we'll really take your thoughts seriously!!

Guest Kamy100

Just seen the goals on Sky Sports News, Roberts ran through the defence for the first goal and got the penalty for the second one. Kit looks good and they had an interview with Savage, he said that his pre-season began in May. Never read much into pre-season games, it is all about players getting a bit of fitness and not getting injured.

Just in case some of you have forgotten

Rovers have a very important game on the horizon NEXT Saturday in the Interoto Cup making every bit of game time important. The thing that will help us is to score a few goals against a team like Wrexham.

You may not have the same opinion as me and it may be withdrawal symptons after 57 days without football. You cant beat a good whooping and if we are to venture into Lithuania what better preperation than notching a few goals. That is simply the point I was trying to make.

It wasnt judging it was making an observation, I am of course on planet earth trying to convice my wife that its a good thing having a few European trips to go WITHOUT her!!

There's no point whatsoever going all out in your first game after the break, that's just nonsense. Especially against poor opposition. By the looks of things Hughes substituted most of (if not the entire) team aswell, calm the hell down. It's much more important that everyone gets a run-out rather than we DESTROY a team like Wrexham.

As for your jumping to insane conclusions over Benni and MGP - You are clearly "one of those fans" who is determined to resent the players and team they say they support. It's some kind of strange necessary-outlet-for-anger syndrome, every club has those supporters. Keep jumping to the worst possible conclusion, that way you'll never be disappointed. Oh wait - You're disappointed all the time anyway.

There's no point whatsoever going all out in your first game after the break, that's just nonsense. Especially against poor opposition. By the looks of things Hughes substituted most of (if not the entire) team aswell, calm the hell down. It's much more important that everyone gets a run-out rather than we DESTROY a team like Wrexham.

As for your jumping to insane conclusions over Benni and MGP - You are clearly "one of those fans" who is determined to resent the players and team they say they support. It's some kind of strange necessary-outlet-for-anger syndrome, every club has those supporters. Keep jumping to the worst possible conclusion, that way you'll never be disappointed. Oh wait - You're disappointed all the time anyway.

I think it's called "old man gloom". Incidentally theres a great band by the same name. An excellent outlet for any aggression you may have. :)

I wouldn't class Wrexham as a poor side in this sort of situation. Poor sides are the sort of teams we were smashing last season for fun in totally uncompetitive games that Hughes cited as the reason for our poor start.

At least by the sounds of it tonight, Wrexham put up a competent show and were decent opposition. They're a professional side in the English Football League, not a bunch of mugs from a village in Austria. They probably got stuck into us a bit and gave us a good little workout.

Just home from the match.

Roberts was a handful up front. very strong on the ball and quick as well. Benni had a few decent touches but didnt set the world alight.

At the end of the day it was our first friendly and we never really had to get out of 2nd gear.

Glenn had the pleasure of sitting in front of the Savage family. Littly Charly was just behind him. Quite amusing seeing Tugay shouting to Charly after the match and lifting him over the fence by the bus to go and see his dad.

Derbs also watched the match with the fans, he was a few seats away from us. He's carrying a knock so only managed to gt on the pitch for the draw at half time, probably got the biggest cheer of the night, from both sets of fans.

i quite like the new rovers kit it looks a bit more eye catching than last years, especially the red bit near the shulders :rover:

The plain white back didn't look right. It's just not a proper Rovers shirt.

Bentley had a right war with the full back first half, lots of 'off the ball niggle' very entertaining.

Good workout all-in-all, and quite a decent win to say this was our first game in 2 months, and Wrexhams 3rd, narrowly losing the Liverpool last Saturday (3-2)

First half we hardly had to break sweat, Roberts looked lively and McCarthy got more into it as the game wore on. Roberts scored a good goal and looked powerful.

Samba was immense at the back and won every header etc - probably the man of the match. The best part of the night was his high two footed lunge on the ball with a Wrexham player about 1 yard away from it... he soon backed off when he saw Samba!!! Warnock also had a good game despite keep falling over and having to change his boots.

2nd half we made a few subs but it was good Savage and Ooijer got a 35 minute run out under their belts. Unfortunately Henchoz game on and looked slower than Stephen Hawking on valium.

Rigters looked sharp but I have a feeling it will take him a while to get used to the pace of the Premiership - lets hope he adapts faster than Nonda, who's still in Newcastle from our last away game. lol.

Not a bad away trip - 1 hour to get there, time for a pint in horrendously named 'the Turf' and 1 hour to get back.

Unfortunately Henchoz game on and looked slower than Stephen Hawking on valium.

:lol: Sonics pace really worries me. Hope he's only used as a last resort this year. I'd have Samba, Nelsen, Zurab, Ooijer before him.

The plain white back didn't look right. It's just not a proper Rovers shirt.

I'm hoping this is a temporary back panel for the number until some proper ones come through? can anyone confirm this?

Not sure why but i'd be very upset if we were stuck with the white backs.

I'm hoping this is a temporary back panel for the number until some proper ones come through? can anyone confirm this?

Not sure why but i'd be very upset if we were stuck with the white backs.

Those were the adapted Intertoto/European kits I think.

In the Premierleague games the back will be blue and white halves.

i quite like the new rovers kit it looks a bit more eye catching than last years, especially the red bit near the shulders :rover:

The front view is great, but the back view is absolute garbage! Doesn't even look like a Rovers shirt. :ph34r:

Archived