BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

"Enahanced Close Control system enabling more control of the ball when dribbling"

I don't like the sound of that. They're making it progressively easier to run round opponents, the beauty of Pro Evo is that you have to pass your way through rather than doing FIFA-style dribbling. The only thing they need to do there is make pace more of an asset than it is now, even with players like Henry it's hard to sprint away from averagely-paced defenders.

They need to make true pace more of an asset, but general pace less of one. Playing with a team like Blackburn against a good player with a good team is very difficult, not so much because of the difference in skill levels, but because of the average difference in speed. It's hard to tell the difference between players like with the pace of Owen and Henry and those with the pace of players like Scholes and Viera, but with players that the makers don't "like" as much their pace is basically jogging speed. They also need to make the skill levels of worse teams slightly better. It is virtually impossible to score from outside of the area or pull off a quick shot with players who aren't at the big teams. It happens, but it's so rare that it isn't worth trying it unless you have no other option.

"Enahanced Close Control system enabling more control of the ball when dribbling"

I don't like the sound of that. They're making it progressively easier to run round opponents, the beauty of Pro Evo is that you have to pass your way through rather than doing FIFA-style dribbling. The only thing they need to do there is make pace more of an asset than it is now, even with players like Henry it's hard to sprint away from averagely-paced defenders.

The problem here is that they have tried to do this many times in the past and its part of what makes FIFA an awful game. On the PS2 you did one of their 'close control dribbling skills' and you would sit there for 5 minutes while the animation ran through only to either a) get tackled or B) go past him but the animation is still going and he catches you and tackles you - imagine if that happened to Ronaldo. The PS3/360 might actually be able to handle this now so it will be interesting to see if they actually do it.

Eddie Posted Yesterday, 22:35

They need to make true pace more of an asset, but general pace less of one. Playing with a team like Blackburn against a good player with a good team is very difficult, not so much because of the difference in skill levels, but because of the average difference in speed. It's hard to tell the difference between players like with the pace of Owen and Henry and those with the pace of players like Scholes and Viera, but with players that the makers don't "like" as much their pace is basically jogging speed. They also need to make the skill levels of worse teams slightly better. It is virtually impossible to score from outside of the area or pull off a quick shot with players who aren't at the big teams. It happens, but it's so rare that it isn't worth trying it unless you have no other option.

It would be nice on pro evo to be able to run past your man and score however, wouldnt that just be taking away what we love about it and making it more like the 6 - 6 games that FIFA end up with? I know what you mean about playing with Blackburn against a better team. I have played with Blackburn online before and some people pick a better team - there's just no contest (thats not to say I havent won some with Rovers) The players cant trap it and your caught in no time (dont say well thats like the Vectra game then) It would be nice if they could make all the teams online the same so you could pick your favorite team and everything was fair and its then left to the better player to win the game

The strangest thing happened on master league today, i was playing against Real Madrid and i got a free kick on the edge of my own box and van Nistelrooy was stood over the ball, i pressed x to take the free kick and he was just starting to run up and kick it when Nistelrooy nabs the ball and goes and scores!! My defender didn't even touch or get near the ball and take the free kick! Needless to say the goal stood!! and i ended up missing loads of chances and drawing 1-1! Anyone had this happen before??

• 2 weeks later...
My main gripe with the game is that Adriano can score 9/10 shots from most places, he cant be knocked off the ball and hes basically too good

Hes not that good in real life, its a joke trying to defend against him.

Not with me he cant :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think they big him up (I am not talking about his weight) because he was on the cover of the game and has worked with them. At least if they make Ronaldo good this time its because he is just as good in real life

yeah exactly thats what they do, They also made Ronaldiho not quite as good as he should have been because he was the face for Fifa 2007 (probably)

so expect Owen and Ronaldo to be great

not that that will be a problem with owen, because people will still have to be newcastle

I hope that's not real. I thought they were meant to have more licensing? from the look of the menu shots, it still has "Man Red" and dodgy badges.

I just hope the editing is sorted in this release.

I am not slating the 360 here because I know that it will look identical as the PS3 but those screens dont look amazing do they :blink:

I was expecting allot more from a 'next gen' footy game

Guest Kamy100
So it looks like only Newcastle and Spurs are the only licensed English Teams.

The problem is that due to EA having the Premier League rights, Konami are only allowed to have a maximum of 2 licensed teams from the premier league, normally these are chosen from Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, however judging from the BETA this year it is Newcastle and Tottenham. Very strange choice of clubs.

The problem is that due to EA having the Premier League rights, Konami are only allowed to have a maximum of 2 licensed teams from the premier league, normally these are chosen from Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, however judging from the BETA this year it is Newcastle and Tottenham. Very strange choice of clubs.

I am not even going to try and compete with you here because I always lose. Just wondering how long it will take you to find an option file this year :rolleyes:

(Hopefully this wont be against board rules)

Also, we have signed Torres. Well not really but he is playing for us in a Pro Evo picture in PSW3 Magazine (unless Athletico Madrid have a blue and white halved kit - I dont think he had signed for Liverpool when the mag went to print)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived