BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I hope the game play has improved as graphically it doesn't look a whole lot different to last years 360 version.

And I thought I was bad, watching whoever these two guys were has given me hope yet! and talk about dodgy referring decisions, that penalty was terrible.

Right, as someone who is about to go and buy the 360 rather than PS3 due to the online features, can anyone tell me what online play is like on PES? I heard that people who play online prefer it to the Master League, which usually keeps me addicted for about 10 months! But what speed broadband would I need to make it worthwhile?

Guest Kamy100
Right, as someone who is about to go and buy the 360 rather than PS3 due to the online features, can anyone tell me what online play is like on PES? I heard that people who play online prefer it to the Master League, which usually keeps me addicted for about 10 months! But what speed broadband would I need to make it worthwhile?

I got a 2mb connection at home and it works fine. Online is great, especially when playing with friends. I play it online via my PS3 and had not problems. Online on the PS3 is free whereas youy got to pay for it on the 360 but have to day that at the moment Xbox LIVE is better because of the added extras of downloads etc.

Guest Kamy100

PS3 Version of PES 2008 feeling smoother than Xbox 360

Gamespy is posting that the PS3 version of PES 2008 feels a 'little more fluid' on the PS3 console. However at Leipzig, After experiencing both versions they claim that they are much more impressed by what Konami has managed to 'squeeze out of the PS3's hardware' with the Xbox 360 merely building decently on last year's version.

Guest Kamy100

Below is a video which demonstrates the new AI system. First of all the AI is much, much better than previous versions, it will make the game harder (as you can see on the video) also a friend of mine played it at the game conference in Germany and he reports that he started the game attacking down the wings, the AI adjusted it's tactics to cope with this!!:

http://momupload.com/files/46183/PES2008_AI_v_Human.wmv.html

Below is a video which demonstrates the new AI system. First of all the AI is much, much better than previous versions, it will make the game harder (as you can see on the video) also a friend of mine played it at the game conference in Germany and he reports that he started the game attacking down the wings, the AI adjusted it's tactics to cope with this!!:

http://momupload.com/files/46183/PES2008_AI_v_Human.wmv.html

Good, there was nothing worse than those boring players that did the same thing over and over again. This should mean that the game dosent become predictable.

I cant wait

Have also just read that you will be able to dive in the new game

Dont know if this is good or bad - they used to have it in this is football but it wasnt very good.

Indeed, it was rubbish. You never ever got a free kick and obviously always lost possession.

Good, there was nothing worse than those boring players that did the same thing over and over again. This should mean that the game dosent become predictable.

I cant wait

Ah, the problem there is that this refers to player Vs AI therefore the 1 player game. If you couldn't cope with players down the wing before, you probably still won't be able to.

Ah, the problem there is that this refers to player Vs AI therefore the 1 player game. If you couldn't cope with players down the wing before, you probably still won't be able to.

True, but the rest of the bods on your team should move into a position so that you are nearer to block them when you take control of the man - shouldnt they :unsure:

Friggen hell, that looks awful - With all the money Ronaldo gets paid you think he would be able to afford a bit of hair gel wouldnt you

The Pen saving thing looks quite cool although Id be interested to see how it would be when its in two players on the same machine. Must say for next gen that clip looks very PS2 in parts although these films tend to suck the quality out of the graphics.

Archived