BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean it was the same as the PS2 game with bits taken out on the 360 last year felt slower and more sluggish(I didnt want to believe it at first). This year the graphics have improved to gameplay is meant to be better and the edit mode is back.

Also its a football game the basis of the game is meant to be the same anyway with tweaks for improvements thats why fifa is bad year on year cos they rewrite too much. PES is the same game with little touches here and there and works everytime. Do you want the players to zoom round on hover boards or somthing cos the basic gameplay of PES is never going to change.

Do you work for them or something?

To me, at least based on the videos, the graphics and the way the players move looks exactly the same. Whilst I don't want the game to be totally rewritten each year, it's nice if they improve it by more than simply changing the way penalties are saved, reintroducing the edit function, updating the teams and changing some cut scenes. Hopefully they've done more than that, at the moment it doesn't look like they've done too much more.

The graphics from two years ago to last year improved significantly in my opinion, enough to justify there not being any other changes, although there were some as well. I'm just looking for a similar improvement this year.

Do you work for them or something?

To me, at least based on the videos, the graphics and the way the players move looks exactly the same. Whilst I don't want the game to be totally rewritten each year, it's nice if they improve it by more than simply changing the way penalties are saved, reintroducing the edit function, updating the teams and changing some cut scenes. Hopefully they've done more than that, at the moment it doesn't look like they've done too much more.

The graphics from two years ago to last year improved significantly in my opinion, enough to justify there not being any other changes, although there were some as well. I'm just looking for a similar improvement this year.

No I dont work for them. Did you play both versions of the game last year?(PS2 and 360) If you did like myself you would have found the PS2 game to run at a much faster pace and little touches like the shooting control system were much better. This years PES has been designed with Analog sticks in mind too whereas previous years even though Analog has been an option the advised way to play the game was to use the DPad and obviously this was useless on the 360. This for me is a huge benefit to this game.

Your right saying cut scenes are not important, you just have to look at it the way that PES 6 was probably a stripped down version brought out so Microsoft could claim exclusive as the game was nowhere near finished last year.

I've never used the dpad to play any football game, it has just never felt right for me. I'll wait and see what the game is like as there is no point judging until I've played it, but I'm not overly encouraged by what is coming out.

I've never used the dpad to play any football game, it has just never felt right for me. I'll wait and see what the game is like as there is no point judging until I've played it, but I'm not overly encouraged by what is coming out.

It is possible to play with the analog sticks but the way the players move on PES has up until now been 8 way DPAD style even if you were usong analog. This has been were FIFA has been better in the past. Football games very rarely move on year on year by leaps and bounds IMO its just a marketing scam to appeal to the masses who must have all the latest stats. That said I will buy the games because Im a sucker.

• 3 weeks later...

PES 2008 is now 29.99 on the PS3 at www.shopto.com I always use this company and they are very good, get the game usually Weds or Thurs before release.

PES 2008 is now 29.99 on the PS3 at www.shopto.com I always use this company and they are very good, get the game usually Weds or Thurs before release.

Hmm, it says you cannot order it until 1/10/07 (today I know but when I placed it to order it dosent seem to take the order properly). It also says price is subject to change. So, maybe worth just sticking with what I have with Play?

Guest Kamy100

Up to you mate, like I said earlier I have used this company for last 12 months and without fail they have not only been the cheapest but also every game as arrived early.

Also heard that this Thursday the PSN is going to get the PES2008 demo.

Up to you mate, like I said earlier I have used this company for last 12 months and without fail they have not only been the cheapest but also every game as arrived early.

Also heard that this Thursday the PSN is going to get the PES2008 demo.

Have placed the order with them now anyway - there does look to be some good bargains to be had.

Great news about the demo if its true

Also:-

*Shopto.com is pleased to announce your chance to win a share of £1450 in CASH!**

This time, you don't have to play through a gruelling tournament for a chance to win a prize. EVERYONE who purchases PES 2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 7) on any format will be entered automatically into the competition. This will include those who have already pre-ordered.

All you have to do is purchase this title on any format before Monday 12th November to automatically be entered into the prize draw. First prize is £1000.00, Second place is £300, and Third place is £150. The prize money is cold hard cash in the form of a cheque, it is not store credit and no restrictions are in place.

The draw takes place on Monday 12th November 2007 so get your orders in now!

Guest Kamy100

The Communications Workers Union (CWU) has announced further

strike action, in the form of two 48 hour strikes, from

lunchtime on Thursday 4th - lunchtime on Saturday 6th October,

and from the early hours of Monday 8th - early hours Wednesday

10th October.

This will be followed by an unspecified programme of weekly

strikes, starting w/c October 15th, until the resolution of the

dispute.

Hmmmm I am seriously considering cancelling my pre-order because of these strikes continue it is going cause havoc to the mail delivery system, last time round my mail was badly delayed.

Guest Kamy100

PS3 store updated and STILL no PES demo:

SKATE Demo

Bladestorm Demo

Stuntman Ignition Demo

Jericho Demo

Snakeball Trailer

GRAW2 Trailers

HAZE Gameplay Trailer

Blast Factor Wallpapers

Flow Wallpaper

Sony got the demo and the same time as Microsoft and 2 weeks later it still hasn't made it onto the PSN.

PS3 store updated and STILL no PES demo:

SKATE Demo

Bladestorm Demo

Stuntman Ignition Demo

Jericho Demo

Snakeball Trailer

GRAW2 Trailers

HAZE Gameplay Trailer

Blast Factor Wallpapers

Flow Wallpaper

Sony got the demo and the same time as Microsoft and 2 weeks later it still hasn't made it onto the PSN.

Dam it, played most of these from the Yank store already too :angry:

Actually all except Bladestorm

Any1 seen pics of the new guide for the game? Friedel is in their "Superstars" section, which means he is ranked as one of the top 20 goalkeepers on the game. About time i say.

No, us PS3 owners havent even had the demo yet :angry:

No, us PS3 owners havent even had the demo yet :angry:

I know, imo it's an absolute outrage that sony can't pull their pull fingers out and get the demo on PSN. Why do we have to wait, whilst the demo has been out on PC and the 360 for about 2 week now? :angry:

The sample pages from the Piggyback Intercative guide are on their website.

Rumours are the demo could be out today.... here's to hoping.

Guest Kamy100

Some good news.

The people who do the edited option file (kits etc) have already got their copies of PES2008 (for PS3 and 360) so will have a option file with proper kits etc for the day of release!!

Rumours are the demo could be out today.... here's to hoping.

Well I will be home in 60 mins so will check on the UK and US stores then (although if a bloddy footy game gets onto a US store before the UK store I wont be happy - not that I can do anything about it of course)

Kamy100 Posted Today, 14:59

Some good news.

The people who do the edited option file (kits etc) have already got their copies of PES2008 (for PS3 and 360) so will have a option file with proper kits etc for the day of release!!

I knew you wouldnt let us down :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just got in and no Pro Evo in the shop yet - then again, there dont seem to be any updates in the us or uk store as yet so fingers crossed they will come later

Some good news.

How do 360 owners get to pick this file up?

Archived