BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Anyone managed to get it yet?? some people have managed to pick it up today! might have to have a gander around town tomorrow

Nope not I. Still listed as a pre order :(

Play are saying they have them in stock. Shopto are saying stock due in. Starting to wish I had stayed with ol reliable Play

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

Never fear Shopto's here.

Good news they have started to process the pre-orders, currently doing the 360 ones and will move onto PS3. Looks like we will be playing the game tomorrow.!!

Never fear Shopto's here.

Good news they have started to process the pre-orders, currently doing the 360 ones and will move onto PS3. Looks like we will be playing the game tomorrow.!!

Dam you 360 owners - my order is still in the pre order stage but I see they have stopped taking orders on it due to high demand

oh this could've been awesome on the ps3 but the slowdown is ridiculous! i hope they release a patch or something because it is definately better than pes6 but the slowdown is just ruining it so far! mite be better on a hdtv though not sure

oh this could've been awesome on the ps3 but the slowdown is ridiculous! i hope they release a patch or something because it is definately better than pes6 but the slowdown is just ruining it so far! mite be better on a hdtv though not sure

Like Kamy has said, does it improve if you install the game on your HD?

Guest Kamy100

I have heard from people who are playing on standard TV even installing in on the HD it has slowdown, the PS3 version is optimised to work on HDTV (720p), by installing it on the HD and then playing on HDTV the slowdown issues are resolved to a very great extent. Have to say that it is again very poor from Konami not to cater for people with SDTV's.

well we havent got a hdtv and as far as i can see, after installing it on the hard drive, it might have made a slight difference but im clutching at straws really. Gonna try turning it off and loading it from the hard drive see if it works better, seens as we just installed it before and played a game straight away

Guest Kamy100

GameXchange in town (opposite BHS) ARE SELLING THE GAME TODAY.

Here is another review of the game from someone who has it:

First i must say i have PES2008 on the PS2;X360;PC and on the PS3!!!

The thing where the last days everybody talked about are the massive slowdowns wich should be in the ps3 version of the game. So i had installed the game on my hdd and i must say to all the people:what the (Please don't use that word again),wich massive slowdowns did u all mean??? I play the game yesterday on my pc(AMD 2 Core 5000+ 4gb ram 512mb Ati HD26000 Pro) and i must say the slowdowns on the ps3 version are not so extreme like everybody say. There are a few lil slowdowns in the replays but i dont must speak about that because of the x360 version has more slowdowns. And i can say that the slowdowns are not a problem. All 3 versions i played run still fine. the only thing why the pc version of the game is in my eyes on place 1 of all the releases is that u can a lil bit more with the edit mode because of that fact that u can upload jpgs from your hdd right into the game. PS3 and X360 users must use a webcam( i use an creative live! cam optia af on my ps3;perfect;later a post a pic of an created face with that).

So let us come to the important things of the game,the gameplay: this year the game is a lil bit faster in my eyes then in the years before but it is still perfect like in the years before. The animations of the players are great and u love it when u see them run. The AI is this year one of the best things i ever had seen in an soccer game. When u got the ball ur teammembers run into the freespaces to get the ball and in every minute of the game ur teammembers use their brain.

So my first game today was Chelsea vs Manchester United(i won 3:2 after overtime :-) ). When u have the time play versus Manchester and watch all the players how they move and how they play the ball. When u look at C.Ronaldo when he gets the ball, its like u watch a real game in the tv. When he has the ball into the game he tries to go in 1vs1 situations and dont have an eye for his teammembers. Other player like Scholes play nice passes to the teammmembers and try to shot from long range. Every player on the field has his own style like in the real life and that is how is is so kewl to play that game. From the gameplay that game is a 10+!!!

sure there are some bad things too on every system. Only 15 Stadiums(PC;X360;PS3),you cant edit the badges or some missing editoptions like in the games before on the pc or ps2(shoes cant edit anymore). Like i said before on the X360 and PS3 it is difficult to create the kits for the unlicenced teams or the faces of the fake players with an webcam but i can only say that i love that game and when i must choose between Fifa 2008(got it on the X360) and PES2008 i will choose PES2008 because of the awesome gameplay. Sure Fifa has all those licences but a good soccer game is a game with good gameplay not with all licences!!!

Guest Kamy100

Eddiewac, trying using the San Siro and Konami Stadium apparently after installing it on HD there is no slowdown in those 2 stadiums.

right, still not decided on PES or fifa. I have always been a PES fan, but this slow down issue worries me a little.

I have a full HDTV, so that is not an issue- can one of you boys who have both give me an honest veiw after you have had a good play with PES!?

gameplay is key for me really, not too bothered about the right kits etc!

cheers :rolleyes:

What do you mean by slowdown? I would guess you don't mean laggy, or is it just "juttery", if you understand what I mean.

This isnt online - I havent played it yet but what I am led to believe is that its the cut scenes that become a little jerky. I am told that you dont notice it after a while - just a small gripe

SD4E Posted Today, 17:11

right, still not decided on PES or fifa. I have always been a PES fan, but this slow down issue worries me a little.

I have a full HDTV, so that is not an issue- can one of you boys who have both give me an honest veiw after you have had a good play with PES!?

gameplay is key for me really, not too bothered about the right kits etc!

1. Dont worry about the slow down - see my comment above

2. I really think you need to have a go on Fifa first. I really dont think that this year people can say - dont buy one or the other because its like telling someone they will like Marmite - you love it or you dont. PES is the same old PES (from what I am told) Personally, I played fifa and loved it but then the niggles started to take over and I seem to like it less and less - but like I say, this is my choice - the person who plays it after me may well think its the best footy game ever.

bellamy11 Posted Today, 17:53

Sorry if this has already been covered. How do you get option files for the PS3? Do you need a Max Drive-type device like for the PS2? Or can they simply be downloaded straight onto the PS3 HD?

I doubt you will need the max drive with PS3. Just download it and transfer via USB stick (or if your really fancy wirelessly from PC to PS3)

Archived