BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football League Clubs Raided

To me its Obvious what the link is between Barcodes and Rangers, however I believe that the investigation will be in relation to the Boumsong transfer. Rangers pick him up on a free 6 months later he goes for nearly 8 million that’s surely fishy in itself

But is that necessarily fishy or simply a by product of the fact that Boumsong was worse than useless?

If that was grounds for an investigation in itself, we'd have grounds for investigating Souness, Barry Ferguson, Amoruso, David Murray, Grabbi, Ternana and the players' respective agents etc etc. (Although I suspect it would have been Willie McKay in the majority of cases.)

I'm sure I have also heard the police raided the homes of a couple of people as well. I don't know the names of the people or if this aspect is included in other stories.

Cryptic clue - "The two brothers who look after the sheep. My, one of them is fat!"

;)

I must admit the reports plus the Hearts website link gave me a wry smile. I'd be incredibly happy to "get them (if the them are the ones I think they are)", although I admit the Portsmouth raid doesn't fit in with the scenario that has always occurred to me.

The Amdy Faye transfer from Newcastle to Pompey was the subject of rumour and interestingly Newcastle have not denied that one whereas they have apparently denied Boumsong.

If you recall, I posted an article explaining why Stevens took so long. Effectively he built an influence map and therefore interviewed people in an order that would maximise the chance of snakes running from the grass and minimise the chance of unfortunate tip-offs.

Could be the City of London Police are doing the same thing and of course Pompey, Newcastle and Rangers might be three completely separate investigations.

A report in The Times today suggests that there's still a certain amount of intrigue in the Boumsong deal.

LINK HERE

Although the police raids yesterday were said to be not strictly related to Lord Stevens' findings, we know from the Lord Stevens report that there were "inconsistencies in evidence" given by Graeme Souness, while Scottish agent Willie McKay was criticised for a lack of information given to the Quest team.

Both McKay and Souness were involved in the transfer of Boumsong from Rangers to Newcastle - one of the 17 suspicious transfers that was mentioned in the Lord Stevens report. So there's still a question mark about the Boumsong deal.

Newcastle fans who had to put up with a series of disastrous performances from Boumsong must be wondering how the hell he was supposedly worth £8m when Rangers were able to get him on a free transfer just six months earlier - something that Mr Souness has never fully explained. But then again, he has never explained how a relatively obscure Italian Serie B striker was worth £7m on the strength of a video given to him by an agent. 700 grand for Grabbi would have been too much....

Corruption in the SPL?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder about the Ferguson double transfer....

The one that always puzzled me the most was the Berg/ Amoruso swap.

I mean, once Berg changed his mind about wanting to leave, why would we pass up the chance of keeping him for nothing in favour of forking out 1.5m + signing on fees + no doubt higher wages for Hulk Hogan?

:huh:

Archived