BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] F K Vetra 0 Blackburn Rovers 2

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vilnius is a seriously lovely city.

Anyone who loves high baroque beautifully done, the interior of St Peter and St Paul's Church out near the British Embassy is an absolute must.

Aye. I bought a little guide book last week. This trip could rival Salzburg in terms of a fantastic setting.

salzburg was really nice

not having seen a picture of vilnius i imagine it as a prague type city with buildings that are 200- 300 years old, and a river running through it like every european city seems to haha

salzburg was really nice

not having seen a picture of vilnius i imagine it as a prague type city with buildings that are 200- 300 years old, and a river running through it like every european city seems to haha

I seem to recall the Salzburg ladies being extremely friendly as well lol ;)

Hi there Vytis and welcome to BRFCS site. I was very interested to note that you mentioned your best player as Skerla; would that be Andrea Skerla that played for Dunfermline Athletic in the Scottish Premier League for a few seasons? He was a Lithuanian international and for DAFC (my local team), he was a very good centre back. I was very sorry to see him leave straight after playing for Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup Final.

Yes it's the same Andrius Skerla, a legend! ;)

Anyway, good luck to you in your studies at Aberdeen Uni,

It was only Aberdeen College and I just graduated last week :D

Zappa in Vilnius

And one Lithuanian thread with hundreds of Vilnius photos

Does anybody know why we`ve only got 300 tickets?

you can only assume warsaw got the same, except they managed to get a thousand in the home end too :blink:

it says on the offical sites guide that there is no club shop

i want a shirt

5pm here and 7pm over there.

That'll be 5pm BST I reckon Ricky. So 4pm GMT. Referring to my handy little time calculator, it reckons Vilnius is GMT+2 hours (Melbourne is GMT+10) *.

* No responsibility taken for setting of alarm clocks.

:rover: DID anyone ring the no in the telewag on friday,i saw a advert 3 nights for about £240 seemed to good to be true. :brfc:

It was too good to be true!

I rang that number and that price was for 2 nites and it was already full! Also it was for flights to warsaw from durham and then a 6 hour coach ride to vilnius! It wasn't very explanatory!

They then offered me 2 nites (Saturday, sunday) flights from manchester to praque then praque to vilnius and the same route for the return. I duly accepted but it cost £355 each! Then i found out for the return you have to hang about in praque airport for 6 hours!

But hey i'm on it!

B)-->

QUOTE(B @ Jul 17 2007, 16:56 ) 528540[/snapback]
It was too good to be true!

I rang that number and that price was for 2 nites and it was already full! Also it was for flights to warsaw from durham and then a 6 hour coach ride to vilnius! It wasn't very explanatory!

They then offered me 2 nites (Saturday, sunday) flights from manchester to praque then praque to vilnius and the same route for the return. I duly accepted but it cost £355 each! Then i found out for the return you have to hang about in praque airport for 6 hours!

Thats the trip that most of here are booked on, hence it was as good as full before it was even advertised. The 355 isnt a bad deal, as you cant book it yourself easily at that price.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 17 2007, 17:27 ) 528548[/snapback]
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B @ Jul 17 2007, 16:56 ) 528540[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was too good to be true!

Thats the trip that most of here are booked on, hence it was as good as full before it was even advertised. The 355 isnt a bad deal, as you cant book it yourself easily at that price.

Just to clarify. The ad stated prices 'from` When we placed the ad (a couple of days before publication) there was plenty of availability at £239 At that stage we had had plenty of interest in the coach tour but significantly fewer committed bookings, ie people who had paid! Whilst there was a lot of interest there was no guarantee that enquiries would become firm bookings. Both commercially and morally it would have been irresponsible of us not to have advertised the trip to try to make it economically viable to ensure it operated. When we placed the ad numbers were insufficeint to justify the tour operating. As Rovers fans ourselves, we arranged the coach tour to help the many Rovers fans who found themselves in a difficult position rather than purely as a commercial venture.

I will not deny that with the coach tour now full we have made a reasonable profit. But, to help Rovers fans, we were prepared to take a commercial risk and the tour would have still have operated at a loss, albeit within certain financial parameters.

For anyone who does not want the long coach trip we were, and still are, offering packages inc flights, hotel, and all transfers from Manchester to Vilnius, or Liverpool/Stansted to Kaunas. As Ste B points out, that whilst these packages may appear expensive they are still extremely competititive within the market.

Paul - Staying Away Ltd

As I shall be in France this coming weekend, there was never any question of my going to this match. However, I am absolutely staggered at the cost of travel to the away match, especially compared to the price of a season ticket. From the club's point of view, I hope everyone has also got a seaon ticket!

As I shall be in France this coming weekend, there was never any question of my going to this match. However, I am absolutely staggered at the cost of travel to the away match, especially compared to the price of a season ticket. From the club's point of view, I hope everyone has also got a seaon ticket!

Rovers are worth every penny! I assume 95% of the travellers to Lithuania will have procured a season ticket! If you wasn't in France would you of been prepared to spend the money to see the blues away? (If financially viable to yourself) You won't get many things better than this weekend for that price certainly!

Come on Boys!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 17 2007, 17:27 ) 528548[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B @ Jul 17 2007, 16:56 ) 528540[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It was too good to be true!

Paul - Staying Away Ltd

When will the conformation e-mails be sent out! I have recieved nothing as yet and am growing a little anxious! Also are you running any transfers from blackburn to manchester?

Cheers

Archived