BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's The Deal With Setanta

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My next door neighbour rang Virgin this morning to subscribe to Satanta (he's got a projector, so we were going halves on the cost) and found out about the deal from the end of the week.

Has had to subscribe for £15 and has to stick with it for 30 days so I can watch Sunday's game. However, from what he understands, the American Setanata channel won't be a part of XL, so unless he cancels in 30 days time, he'll carry on paying for just the one channel...

But all said and done - it looks like Virgin are finally getting their act together!

virgin have a new deal for xl tv customers. setanta will be FREE from 26th of July.

If you have M or L sized tv then it'll only be £8 a month!

Source Digital Spy

I am a happy man now! :rover:

Do we have any official confirmation of this anywhere? (The link you put up isn't working)

Rang Virgin this morning to try and clarify (as I was told earlier in the week I'd be paying 15p.m) and the girl I spoke to said she hadn't been made aware of any such offer.

:huh:

Rang Virgin this morning to try and clarify (as I was told earlier in the week I'd be paying 15p.m) and the girl I spoke to said she hadn't been made aware of any such offer.

That's because of the Setanta Claus. Although my mum and dad assured me that it didn't exist.

That's great news. Rang Virgin today to tell them to get their fingers out and bingo!!!

XL is only £9 per month

I suspect the TV football split between Sky, Setanta and Virgin will eventually benefit the consumer as the EU presumably intended it to. Nothing like a bit of competition to bring down prices.

http://www.virginmedia.com/sport/football/...ess-release.php

See above for official confirmation from Virgin

Do we have any official confirmation of this anywhere? (The link you put up isn't working)

:huh:

I called last week to ask about Setanta and the information I was given was unclear (and she never mentioned the deal) hence this thread.

Called again last night and the girl I spoke to was completely clued up and very helpful so I'm all signed up now :tu:

It all depends who you talk to at Virgin. Some of them know better than others. Try calling again and you might get someone more knowledgable.

I've just signed up for Setanta online as it said it was £9.99 a month. Still waiting for it to be activiated!

Have you got yours activated yet Hannah? If so, how long did it take?

I signed up for the satellite package on line and got the "congratulations" screen at about 3-30 pm today. Still no sign of the channels going live for me, although they quoted "about 15 mins".

Have you got yours activated yet Hannah? If so, how long did it take?

I signed up for the satellite package on line and got the "congratulations" screen at about 3-30 pm today. Still no sign of the channels going live for me, although they quoted "about 15 mins".

It does say that at peak times it may take up to an hour. You up and running yet?

It does say that at peak times it may take up to an hour. You up and running yet?

Yes thanks. Just about 5 mins ago, so that was about 1hr 10 mins from the message to say I was "on".

Incidentally, the picture quality is about the same as I get for my Sky Sports transmissions. Sound quality very good.

I am up and running - have been for quite a while now but no idea how long it took them to sort it.

Not watched it yet as it was boring what was on

Did watch ESPN classics earlier though and watched us win the title and put seven past forest!

• 2 weeks later...
OK what the heck is a Conditional Access Module (CAM).

Im told that Setanta Sports can supply a CAM for my TV with built in Freeview for £30. Then its £9.99 a month.

I'm not 100% sure but I think its what you plug into your telly so you can insert the viewing card. I had to buy another set top box with a slot as my original box didn't have one & you cannot recieve Setanta without a viewing card. I was told when I bought the new one that I could get the "top up tv" card from Argos. THIS IS NOT THE CASE, unless you have the specific HDD freeview box that the new card works in (the original cards were discontinued earlier in the year). The next day I phoned Setanta who said they could send me a card, so I subscribed there & then (monday), card arrived thursday. The channel (and it is only the one channel with Freeview) gained signal within 10 mins. I get a very good picture & have been watching most of the pre season friendlies. I believe our first game live on there is against Everton on August 25th.

A question for our American viewers, has Sentanta beat out Fox Soccer Channel for exclusive Premier League coverage. I know last year Setanta took top spot and were allowed first pick of which games they could cover, but Fox still had games on. This season thus far I can not find any schedule for Fox Prem coverage and was wondering if Sentanta had laid them to rest in the battle for the Premiership TV coverage taking it over all together.

Here is a cut and paste USA Blue of fox soccer Channels schedule for now:

Sat. Aug. 11 West Ham Manchester City 10 a.m.

Sat. Aug. 11 Aston Villa Liverpool 12 p.m.

Sat. Aug. 11 Derby Portsmouth 2:30 p.m.*

Sun. Aug. 12 Manchester United Reading 11 a.m.

Tue. Aug. 14 Birmingham Sunderland 2:45 p.m.

Wed. Aug. 15 Reading Chelsea 3 p.m.

Wed. Aug. 15 Fulham Bolton 5 p.m.*

Sat. Aug. 18 Tottenham Derby 10 a.m.

Sat. Aug. 18 Newcastle Aston Villa 12 p.m.

Sat. Aug. 18 Wigan Sunderland 2:30 p.m.*

Sun. Aug. 19 Liverpool Chelsea 11 a.m.

Sat. Aug. 25 Arsenal Manchester City 10 a.m.

Sat. Aug. 25 Everton Blackburn 12 p.m.

Sat. Aug. 25 Derby Birmingham 2:30 p.m.*

Sun. Aug. 26 Manchester United Tottenham 11 a.m.

* Delayed Broadcast. All other games LIVE.

Other matches will air on Setanta Sports Channel, which is available on satellite or in pubs

BTW,anyone in the States want to see a replay of our Goal of the Year from last season?tomorrow the replay of our FA cup match with L'Arsenal is on:

Wed. Aug. 1 FA Cup Classics (2007) - Fifth Round Replay Blackburn Rovers Arsenal 5:00 p.m. EST

Archived