BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's The Deal With Setanta

If any of the US viewers like me did not have Direct TV we couldn't get Setanta coverage however I am told that early August will see the Setanta channel on DISH network channel 409 at a cost of $14.99 per month.

I also read somewhere that cable subscribers can get hooked up using a box(just what I need another f'in box) for about the same amount.

Oh and thanks for the info Florida,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or can you subsribe to Setanta on its own?

When I was looking at Setanta the advertising blurb said you could get it on Freeview as long as you had a set top box with a card slot.

Don't know anything about Freeview but I presume this means you can subscribe to Setanta on it's own as long as you have the right sort of box.

P.S. Incidentally don't like the way Setanta are plugging their advertising around the "big four" as if the other 16 clubs don't matter.

e.g. "Liverpool Chelsea Manchester Arsenal United"

I know that's the way the TV companies think but they don't have to be quite so blatant about it. :angry:

At least Sky promote "The Premiership" in all their publicity.

I also read somewhere that cable subscribers can get hooked up using a box(just what I need another f'in box) for about the same amount.

Oh and thanks for the info Florida,

ITVN or something but I understand it runs through your internet connection. However Dish are now showing Setanta channel 406. Get in

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articl...502082007-1.htm

http://www.itvn.com/index.html?s=12&p=...p;t=0&c=151 link for further itvn information

So to get Setanta on Freeview do you first have to subscribe to TopUp TV?

Or can you subsribe to Setanta on its own?

No. As long as you have a freeview box that has a card slot you are ok. Phone Setanta to subscribe & they will send you the card you need. Takes 3-5 days to arrive (mine took 3) pop the card in & within 20 mins its up & running.

Setanta via satelite is a much better option. £9.99 a month, i cancelled Sky when it reached £33 18 months ago. For my tenner to Setanta i get Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sports 2, Setanta Ireland, Setanta Golf, A couple of racing channels, an american Sports Channel, plus Rangers TV and Celtic Tv. On Freeview all you get is Setanta Sports 1 for the same price.

Iv'e had it for a week and already watched half a dozen freindlies and an Irish Hurling match in front of a crowd of 74,000, fantastic spectacle that.

Setanta via satelite is a much better option. £9.99 a month, i cancelled Sky when it reached £33 18 months ago. For my tenner to Setanta i get Setanta Sports 1, Setanta Sports 2, Setanta Ireland, Setanta Golf, A couple of racing channels, an american Sports Channel, plus Rangers TV and Celtic Tv. On Freeview all you get is Setanta Sports 1 for the same price.

Iv'e had it for a week and already watched half a dozen freindlies and an Irish Hurling match in front of a crowd of 74,000, fantastic spectacle that.

And on Virgin you get all that for nowt. *

*subject to having the XL tv package

I'm trying to plan what games I go to this season and that depends on what Sentanta are showing. On their website, their is a link to the full 46 games they show this season. However, the link doesn't work and all I can see are the first 20. Perhaps somebody has access to the fixtures or a working link.

I'm really eager to plan ahead so please help!

I'm trying to plan what games I go to this season and that depends on what Sentanta are showing. On their website, their is a link to the full 46 games they show this season. However, the link doesn't work and all I can see are the first 20. Perhaps somebody has access to the fixtures or a working link.

I'm really eager to plan ahead so please help!

None of the tv deals have announced beyond Xmas (or even beyond end of Nov). Matches are sorted at phases in the season so channels don't miss out on any unexpected interesting events such as Rovers being in the Champions league spot in March and Bolton, West Ham and Big Club scrapping for the wooden spoon.

None of the tv deals have announced beyond Xmas (or even beyond end of Nov). Matches are sorted at phases in the season so channels don't miss out on any unexpected interesting events such as Rovers being in the Champions league spot in March and Bolton, West Ham and Big Club scrapping for the wooden spoon.

He's right though, the link to the fixtures that have already been announced doesn't work.

He's right though, the link to the fixtures that have already been announced doesn't work.

I'm not responsible for dodgy websites! :)

With regards the televised matches, I'm pretty certain the BBC Premiership fixture list year showed some matches for December on a Sunday when they were still officially scheduled for the Saturday. Lo and behold, they turned out to be the televised ones; I guess the Beeb jumped the gun.

Just watching the new Friday Football Show on Setanta, with Deano 'best coach in the world' Saunders and Les 'says it how it is' Ferdinand.

They were talking about strikers settling into the first season (Arsenal's Da Silva) and appropriately commented how only Berbatov last season came in and scored goals...... excuse, what about Benni you to0ls.....

Right, let the Friday pre-match binge commence.

• 1 year later...

If setanta drop out and sell the tv rights for a knock off price or even worse go bust then more than half the clubs in the prem could end up in big trouble because they will have a big

I remember ITV Digital going bust and every single club in the football league nearly went bust especially Burnley. Now i don't think us at the rovers will be close to going bust because the Walker trustees will just pay thewhole left by setanta however clubs like Liverpool and Citeh could end up doing a Leeds. Liverpool and Citeh are already close enough to do a Leeds.

ITV Digital summary

Clubs left in the dark about their future by ITV DIGITAL

:o:o:o

It wouldn't quite be the same.

ITV Digital promised the money and then just collapsed. Whereas I asusme, Setanta would see out the deal and then look at not bothering next time. There would be less TV money, unless new companies came in, but there was less money only a couple of years back.

Archived