BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Fc Vetra

Ozz

That's a few too many changes for me. I wouldn't want to see a player like Gallagher starting. I don't see a point in playing someone who has very little chance of being in the starting 11.

Yeah but we might aswell give him a run out, i still think we're short of cover on the wings, what if Bentley or MGP get injured, we could push Emo up the wing and stick Zurab at right back or even Ooijer, as for the left i don't see Peter as an i deal replacement.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hughes has loads of options right now.

Dunn was impressive in training and it is important for strikers to pair well, and that needs time. Constant rotation up front is a bad thing. However we are supposed to have Roque Cruz coming in so... I just think Roberts could come good and I was a big critic of his last season.

Brown is important because we need to give our goalie 1st team games and get him accustomed just in case. Gallagher needs to step up and is the 'most naturally talented player at the club' according Mr Hughes. So lets not waste a precious talent. He could waste it but we have to give him the chance.

Samba is very good. One or two people question how he will cope with a bad run of form and whether he has fully adapted to English football. I think so but Oujir has good concentration and his positional play has improved, plus his touch and distribution give him a very slight edge. And he needs to get match practice.

Spotted on Bolton Rd this afternoon :-

A blackboard inscribed in coloured lettering with the legend 'THE EWOOD PARK' .... followed by a scrawled chalk message 'Live match 3pm Saturday' !

Well done to the Rovers marketing men for the 'tongue-in-cheek' swipe at pubs who advertise live matches on a Saturday afternoon. :D

A blackboard inscribed in coloured lettering with the legend 'THE EWOOD PARK' .... followed by a scrawled chalk message 'Live match 3pm Saturday' !

Well done to the Rovers marketing men for the 'tongue-in-cheek' swipe at pubs who advertise live matches on a Saturday afternoon. :D

Tight arse bloody Rovers cant be bothered getting a decent advertisting board ;)

Yeah but we might aswell give him a run out, i still think we're short of cover on the wings, what if Bentley or MGP get injured, we could push Emo up the wing and stick Zurab at right back or even Ooijer, as for the left i don't see Peter as an i deal replacement.

Peter is a more than good enough second choice left midfielder for our side. As of yet it is unclear how good he is, but left midfileder aren't exactly that common, so to have two good ones in the squad is quite fortunate, especially with Treacy coming through as well.

I can't see us leaving out Roberts, even his critics would have to admit he's been our best player recently, so I think we'll start with the same team as last week. ALthough possibly the Axe will come in for Tugay.

I'd like to see Rigters/Derbs/Dunny get a run out too (as well as Gally/Peter but that's probably too much to ask)

That sounds like an original way of advertising the match :) Wish I could see it :(

No need for a cricket score here. Another 2 goals with maybe a consolation for the other team within 15 mins of the end

2-1 on the day

4-1 aggregate score

According to Gerald's website Radio Rovers will be broadcasting from 14:00 (2pm) SLT (Standard Lancashire Time) this afternoon.

It says it's a pre season test transmission, so it may not be streamed onto the interweb.

A quick listen in the car has no clear reception, but the static in the background intermittently disappears and comes back again. Sounds as though Gerald is starting to blow the cobwebs off the gear and is getting ready to power up!

What's the betting he digs out The Phil Spector Christmas Album for The Crystals 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' at some point this afternoon?

...probably also good chance of Survivor's 'Eye of the Tiger' and the Rocky fanfare thing too.

Archived