BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Fc Vetra

Ozz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to look too far ahead, but if I'm reading this correctly, it means that Rovers will be the top-seeded Northern region team heading into the UEFA Cup second qualifying round. As such, we'd face one of the unseeded teams when the draw is made next Friday, a list most likely to include:

AIK Stockholm [swe]

Helsingborg IF [swe]

BK Häcken [swe]

MyPa-47 [Fin]

Metalurgs Liepaja [Lat]

Skonto Riga [Lat]

Suduva Marijampole [Lit]

Ekranas Panevezys [Lit]

HJK Helsinki [Fin]

Haka Valkeakoski [Fin]

Drogheda United [irl]

If that's the case, Rovers should be in decent shape for the next round. The first round does have some decent sides in it among the potential unseeded teams, including Red Star Belgrade, Dinamo Zagreb, Nurnberg, Standard Liege, and Salzburg (again), but I suppose I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Someone let me know if I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Full Time 4-0, agg: 6-0

Very good work out for rovers, first team all seem to be getting into decent form. Only worry for me is a couple of very bad back passes by ooijer that lead to chances that most other teams would have finished off. Move the Villa game and into the Uefa cup campaign we go.

Archived