BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Fc Vetra

Ozz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be the first to ask - Why was the game not held up for 15 minutes?!?! Got to the ground at 2:35 and found a MASSIVE que stretching the length of the Blackburn end. Managed to catch 13 minutes of the first half but there were still a lot of people behind me waiting to get tickets. :blink:

I'll be the first to ask - Why was the game not held up for 15 minutes?!?! Got to the ground at 2:35 and found a MASSIVE que stretching the length of the Blackburn end. Managed to catch 13 minutes of the first half but there were still a lot of people behind me waiting to get tickets. :blink:

Problems looked likely at 2:30pm with the queues but why the hell dont folk buy in advance?

Good game, good crowd, good weather! :rover:

Europe here we come!! :brfc:

Excellent performance in all the circumstances, much better than six days ago.

Some very good individual performances, Samba, Bentley, Mokoena, and purely on the basis of his all round play, Roberts looked the pick of the strikers once again. Was delighted when he managed to get off the mark.

Also thought Dunn was excellent when he came on and added a real edge to our attacking play although it's difficult to assess exactly how good he was against ten men already demoralised.

Derbyshire when he came on was taking up some superb positions, got on the end of everything but unfortunately forgot to bring his shooting boots otherwise he could have had five goals in twenty five minutes.

Very entertaining, we looked very sharp for this time of season and hopefully the competitive edge to these two games will stand us in good stead at the start of the season proper.

11,854 the official attendance.

There were loads of kids there today, suppose its good getting the youngsters down to Ewood but it was a bit annoying as most of them got bored and started kicking the back of my seat and blowing horns!

Really enjoyed today, probably in part to footie withdrawal symptoms.

Plenty of positives and only one negative - Ooijer must improve against better opposition if he's to considered a real alternative to Bert.

Favourite moment was Samba's run including the step-over! I think he's destined to be a real cult favourite. :)

Not trying to look too far ahead, but if I'm reading this correctly, it means that Rovers will be the top-seeded Northern region team heading into the UEFA Cup second qualifying round. As such, we'd face one of the unseeded teams when the draw is made next Friday, a list most likely to include:

AIK Stockholm [swe]

Helsingborg IF [swe]

BK Häcken [swe]

MyPa-47 [Fin]

Metalurgs Liepaja [Lat]

Skonto Riga [Lat]

Suduva Marijampole [Lit]

Ekranas Panevezys [Lit]

HJK Helsinki [Fin]

Haka Valkeakoski [Fin]

Drogheda United [irl]

If that's the case, Rovers should be in decent shape for the next round. The first round does have some decent sides in it among the potential unseeded teams, including Red Star Belgrade, Dinamo Zagreb, Nurnberg, Standard Liege, and Salzburg (again), but I suppose I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Someone let me know if I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

Thats on the basis of the seeded teams qualifying. Results from the first round first leg - seeded teams in bold.

BK Hacken (Swe) 1 - 1 KR Reykavik (Ise)

MyPa-47 (Fin) 1 - 0 EB Streymur (Fae)

Liepajas Metalurgs (Lat) 1 - 1 Dinamo Brest (Bel)

Skonto Riga (Lat) 1 - 1 Dinamo Minsk (Bel)

Dungannon Swifts (Nir) 1 - 0 Sudova Marijampole (Lit)

B36 Torshavn (Far) 1 - 3 FK Ekranas (Lit)

HJK Helsinki (Fin) 2 - 0 Etzella (Lux)

Rhyl (Wal) 3 - 1 Haka Valkeakoski (Fin)

Libertas (Sma) 1 - 1 Drogheda United (Irl)

Match photos from GETTY

Only 9 of them but better than nothing.Lee put some up on the official site as well.The picture of Benni and Dunny with contrasting gold and baby blue boots is a grerat one.You gotta love that grin on Benni face.The 7th photo is where MGP is scoring the opening goal and WOW was he tightly marked yet gets his head to it.(At least that is how the photo appears.)Can't wait to see match highlights

Whats up with the official site? Or is it my computer? the forum just says;

Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_roverscategories c, phpbb_roversforums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 215

File : functions.php

A nice victory.

Vetra are not great. They must have played a different team in the first leg - I thought they looked half decent a week ago. There was no point in Brad being there today.

The Benni Roberts combo looks promising.

Samba was great, same for Bentley. Ooijer looked unsteady.

Football is back!

Good game today. Upper tier of BBE was closed so we went in the Jack Walker. Lot closer to the players at the front but frankly you can hear a pin drop in there. Thought Samba and Nelsen were good today - excellent partnership starting there. Ooijer will need to wait for an injury before he breaks back into that central partnership. Mokoena looked like he'd put Tugay's boots on - seems far more confident. Benni and Roberts are exact opposites - Benni appears lazy and can't-be-@rsed yet always looks dangerous; Roberts gives it everything in terms of effort but doesn't fill me with confidence in front of goal. Derbs seems to get in some great positions - if he can start putting away even 1 in 3 of the chances he'll get a bagfull. Dunny seemed a bit fitter (not hard) and hilariously his first impact on the game was to get his crown jewels in the way of Benni shooting at goal. Poor lad. Enjoyed it and great value too

Guest fernhurstblue

and i will be the first to reply ..... why should the ganme be delayed, plenty of time & methods to buy tickets BEFORE the match, next time get your tickets in advance!

:wstu:

and i will be the first to reply ..... why should the ganme be delayed, plenty of time & methods to buy tickets BEFORE the match, next time get your tickets in advance!

That would be too sensible though wouldnt it. Better yet to get somebody else to go pick em up for you in advance ;)

The match could be delayed for safety reasons. However as you say there was more than enough time to buy tickets before the match - I rang the day before and negotiated the booking charge so just had to go to the caravan and collect.

However, if the club were expecting such a large "on the day" turnout why wasnt the Darwen End ticket office open?

Archived