BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Fc Vetra

Ozz

and i will be the first to reply ..... why should the ganme be delayed, plenty of time & methods to buy tickets BEFORE the match, next time get your tickets in advance!
B)-->
QUOTE(Ste B @ Jul 28 2007, 21:46 ) 531908[/snapback]

That would be too sensible though wouldnt it. Better yet to get somebody else to go pick em up for you in advance ;)

I'm quite sure we had a game delayed last season because there were ques outside? There must've been over 1,000 people still waiting for tickets at 3pm. Obviously in hindsight it would've been better to ring up but I guess the decent weather added a few to the gate? Lesson learned for me and quite a lot of other people... :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've had a steady stream of customers, but please buy before 2.55pm on Saturday otherwise you'll be stuck in a queue moaning whilst McCarthy and co strut their stuff.

And as it is vital for world peace, 6500 sold currently, no live television coverage.

Words of wisdom from the Groobs

Took my seat just before the first goal. My fault can't complain.

Funny how we see these things differently. Rev praises Roberts and Dunn, who I thought were very poor.

I do worry about central midfield though. The Savage/Mokoena pairing doesn't fill me with any confidence.

I'm 100% sure it was on, i started listening to it just after kick off.

Strange... I tuned into 1404 at around 1.30pm and there was nothing and same when I got into my car after the game... maybe they only came on air for the game and not the pre & post match stuff.

Strange... I tuned into 1404 at around 1.30pm and there was nothing and same when I got into my car after the game... maybe they only came on air for the game and not the pre & post match stuff.

I listened to the 2nd half on Radio Rovers online after I got back from work. I think Gerald Jackson mentioned something about they had struggled with the 1st half broadcast, and then he finished off about 10 mins after the game saying that this was only a test-transmision, or something like that, and that they normal pre- and post-match stuff will be up and running for the first home game of the season

The full game was broadcast on RR. Not sure about before and after.

I enjoyed the match. If Matty had taken half his chances, he would have had a hatrick. Nobody played poorly, I thought Dunn looked good on the ball too. After the forth goal, it went a bit snoozy, and I spent 10 minutes watching the little bird on the itch hobble about looking for seeds to eat!

Anyway, your official match day photos are available now in the Gallery, inc 2 of the goals. Here are a couple to start, go to here for the rest.

I will try to get four or five decent images up for each match I go to, which will be all the home games and most of the northern away games. (Unless Glenn tells me to stop).

Rigters first miss..

gallery_1768_32_22690.jpg

Pedersens free kick goal. (the ball is under #55s arse)

gallery_1768_32_138861.jpg

For the second goal, the ball to Gamst before he laid it on for Roberts. Who made the pass? GReat ball, was it dunny? I couldn't tell from the video highlight.

It wasn't Dunn, cos he only come on after the second goal

Thankfully I have you guys to tell me what happened at the game because after opening both the News of the World and the People (Niko got a bit of a write up in the people but the NOTW was awful) I couldn't believe when our important game was mainly over looked for full page spreads about the other friendly games :angry:

Here you are

Just pleased being able to help!

I think it is Nelsen who hits the ball to MGP for the second but I didn't see it go past Bentley on its way forwards. Also of the opinion that Samba looks just a bit too far from the ball as it goes past him for the 4th to be taken away from MGP.

MGP looks good and strong for how he got the header in for the first which is encouraging to see.

I know my hearing is not getting any better and the girl tripped over the name of the Macedonian skipper of Vetra when he get sent off but did Carsten Pederson set up Roberts' goal and have we signed Rodney Santa Cruz?

have a look closely at Dunny for the third goal (Benni's) its very funny!

He looked Knackered..............I'll get my coat :rolleyes:

Beta Ray Bill Posted Today, 13:42

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but if all the matches in the 2nd QF and Rd1 go to seedings, then we could see a group such as this :

Bayern Munich

Would be class if we got them and Rocky knocked them out in the first round

Archived