13. Man City

14. Aston Villa

15. Middlesbrough

16. Fulham

17. Wigan

18. Birmingham

19. Sunderland

20. Derby

Just can't see the 3 promoted sides having enough to stay up at this moment in time.

I for one would take 7th this season and hopefully european qualification through league or cup!

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

6. Newcastle

7. West Ham

8. Man City

9. Everton

10. Blackburn

11. Aston Villa

12. Portsmouth

14. Bolton

13. Boro

15. Reading

16. Birmingham

17. Fulham

18. Sunderland

19. Wigan

20. Derby

Always an optomist!! :D and why does everyone think liverpool will do so well in the league, would like to see totenham down the league for all the money they spent and west ham for just being west ham!!

i actually think we will come 5th if we dnt get any major injuries

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

5. Spurs

6. Blackburn

7. West Ham

8. Manchester City

9. Aston Villa

10. Newcastle

11. Everton

12. Portsmouth

13. Bolton

14. Birmingham

15. Fulham

16. Boro

17. Sunderland

18. Reading

19. Wigan

20. Derby

1. Man United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Spurs

6. Man City

7. Everton

8. Blackburn

9. Aston Villa

10. Newcastle

11. West Ham

12. Portsmouth

13. Sunderland

14. Reading

15. Bolton

16. Boro

17. Fulham

18. Birmingham

19. Derby

20. Wigan

I was the only person to predict it in this last year, which was quite surprising (had to get my moment of success out there).

Well the Capt wasnt to far out.

Capt Kayos

1. MUTD If they get HARGREAVES -If not read 3rd

2. LIVERPOOL -If UTD don't get Hargreaves

3. CHELSKI

4. ARSENAL - only beacuse there away form will still let them down and the new ground fact

There's a "hopes and fears" survey in today's Independent, in the section "Where do you think you'll finish" no one is saying below 16th! Birmingham fan reckons 12th-15th and a Derby fan reckons on 15th / 16th. With one exception everyone else forecasts top ten or thereabouts - lots of early season optimism around then!

I could understand why fans of Villa, City, Spurs, Everton, West Ham, Portsmouth and even Newcastle can be very optimistic. Birmingham have actually brought in some good new players. I'm sure plenty of people would look at our predictions and be surprised (and probably amused) to see how many of us have predicted us to finish 5/6.

Iv just been having a good look at our squad and what positions each player can play. Our keeper is capable of stopping a bus, our defence is solid, our wingers are top class and the midfield is covered for injuries – and soon hopefully will welcome back Reid, and now we have 4 premiership class forwards (5 if Rigters comes good). I think our squad is top quality and I now believe we no longer need a creative midfielder to cover the ageing Tugay as our midfield is creating chances from the wings.

As we all know, it’s obvious that we are playing to the wings (Like Liverpool did successfully back in the late 80’s - early 90’s). What the team misses at the moment is a 10 goal a season midfield man (like Gerrard, Fat Frank, Scholes etc) – however I believe we have that man in Stephen Reid once he is fully fit. Reid was class pre-injury and was attracting interest from United & Spurs (Who made an official bid). If we can get his fitness up then he is Key to our drive for success.

Yes we might not have as many players as the likes of Tottenham but position for position, there isn’t anything between us. Yes they have a big squad, but are they all happy?

I have gone through each position and it is virtually covered in every area now – I cannot wait for the season ahead! Pushing on for anywhere between 4th – 6th is a real possibility.

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. West Ham

6. Tottenham

7. Blackburn

8. Newcastle

9. Portsmouth

10. Aston Villa

11. Man City

12. Everton

13. Bolton

14. Birmingham

15. Sunderland

16. Middlesbrough

17. Reading

18. Fulham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

1 Man Utd

2 Chelsea

3 Liverpool

4 Arsenal

5 Tottenham

6 Everton

7 Newcastle

8 Rovers (originally put them at 11th, but well... Villa and Pompey aren't much better than we are. We need to get the points against all the teams that are 12th and below)

9 Aston Villa

10 Portsmouth

11 West Ham

12 Manchester City

13 Bolton

14 Fulham

15 Middelsbrough

16 Reading

17 Sunderland

18 Birmingham

19 Wigan

20 Derby

OK, I will write it for American, get your money on this being wrong.

1) Man U. They are awesome- extremely entertaining and such a range of options that they are difficult to coach against. Defence is rocky and there are enough good teams in the Prem that they will not get as many points as last season. They will do the League/FA Cup double.

2) Arsenal. The only other side capable of destroying Premiership opponents. Their signings plus Van Persie will mean it will be Thierry who? at the Emirates and the precocious kids are a year nearer being the best team in the world.

3) Chelsea. On paper Mourinho has done everything right in the transfer market this summer. BUT, the Prem has watched international teams neutralise Lampard and Terry and have learnt how to deal with them. This lot will implode when faced with a trophy-less season.

4) Everton. I am assuming Moyes gets his targets this week but the Toffees late moves in the market are hugely impressive. Everyone will assume they are going nowhere in the same way they quietly slipped into a UEFA slot last season

5) Liverpool. Huge gamble that their imports will gel and produce in the Prem. More to the point, Rafa doesn't "get" how to manage in the Premiership. They will win the CL and deny Everton their CL place in 08/09.

6) Spurs. £40m+ spent but they still don't look like a Prem title challenging outfit- might have got it wrong but there you go.

7) Rovers. Good enough to get 4th but then again so are 6 other teams so I put us in the middle of the chasing bunch. Too many duff reffing decisions will rob us of our challenge.

8) Newcastle. On paper, good enough for the CL but they are bar codes and Sam has not managed such a rich assortment before. Their new defence will defend which will make a change. Sam will be a Geordie saint as they will lift the Carling Cup and put Rovers intertoto again.

9) Pompey. Could easily do a lot better. Won't do worse than 9th- that's for sure. I guess Pompey in the top 6 just doesn't look right somehow.

10) Citeh. SGE is no fool and all credit for him for bringing together an entire team which is completely new to the Prem. Reduces the deja vu and I hope the fans will flock to see them as this lot can entertain when they get it together.

11) Villa. Just feel that MO'N is going past his sell-by date with what he has and has not done in the transfer market. Then again if you offered me two places to do a possible straight swap I'd switch this lot with Everton. The Villa youngsters just might be that good.

12) West Ham. Hate them. So does everybody else and Curbs doesn't have enough of a Millwall outlook to turn it to their advantage. Will be very unpredictable in terms of individual results.

13) Fulham. Got a feeling that Sanchez has put a better Prem survival team together than all the others trying to put Prem survival teams together.

14) Bolton. Going backwards but not a total collapse.

15) Sunderland. By rights should be relegated with the expensively mediocre signings they have made (keeper might be ok) but Roy Keane will stop the yoyo and remain Sparky's contender for when RFW calls it a day.

16) Reading. No Sidwell, maybe no Shorey and too thin on the ground to survive the lita lie-in injury. Definitely second season up syndrome.

17) Middlesbrough. Toss-up between two poor Managers for the last relegation slot. Got the feeling that Gibson at Boro knows what he is doing more than that lot at BIG CLUB.

18) Birmingham. Right mix of purchases and non-purchases. A lot depends what Bruce does with the cash he was going to spend on the uppety Egyptians from Spuds. I think we can rely on him to waste it.

19) Wigan. Koumas didn't save the Baggies and he won't save the pie boys either.

20) Derby. Just not good enough despite Billy Davis being one of the better managers around.

I have a very bad guessing last year, hope it will be better this time.

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham Hotspur

6. Newcastle United

7. West Ham United

8. Blackburn Rovers

9. Everton

10. Portsmouth

11. Aston Villa

12. Manchester City

13. Bolton Wanderers

14. Reading

15. Middlesbrough

16. Fulham

17. Sunderland

18. Birmingham City

19. Wigan Athletic

20. Derby County

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Portsmouth

7. Blackburn Rovers

8. Everton

9. West Ham

10. Bolton

11. Newcastle United

12. Reading

13. Aston Villa

14. Sunderland

15. Middlesbrough

16. Man City

17. Fulham

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

The top 4 / bottom 6 virtually pick themselves. I can't see Fulham staying up, but then I can't see my bottom 3 finishing above them either! :)

1. Man U

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Rovers

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Aston Villa

9. Man City

10. West Ham

11. Newcastle

12. Portsmouth