BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield

Woah that was bad for MGP. He has such technique that he just thought he could casually spank it in and bang...the crowd takes cover from an MGP missile!!

I know he's only just come back from a broken leg but the pre-season reports don't sound too great with regards to Ooijer. He's never going to have the mobility to be an attacking right back and he appears to be making the odd howler at the back so is it a case of getting Emerton back in there ASAP?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huddersfield match review - players

> Dunn – some nice skills but not match fit. When is he gonna be ? Squad player.

Strangely, when Dunn came on last Saturday I thought the opposite-he looked big, but muscular and was full of running against Vetra. Got the ball from the back, and looked to run box to box and lay it wide for the wingers or slip it to Benni through the middle.

Was that ref even qualified to referee? He was as bad as the lot we got against Wet Spam!!!

Fair enough, Samba shouldnt have been p*ssin about with the ball, trying to be clever in the area... but he had 2 Hudds players on him, both cliped his ankles, he went down....ref...nothing....he tried to get up... 1 of them had hold of his shirt... he puts his arms out n' looks to the ref.... nothing.... Brown looked impressive bar the goal... he should have come out at the Hudds player instead of stand about n' look to the ref... sort of caught him off-guard when the ref didnt blow his whistle n' Hudds shot...

The 2nd goal.... Peds down injured.... laid on the ball....ref; PLAY ON! Y'what!??? Never heard of sportsmanship...putting the ball out of play? ...the Hudds player just kept kicking at Peds till he got the ball from underneath him! N' it caught everyone off guard, as everyone had stopped thinking it was going to be put out!

MGP's miss was terrible! all he had to do was nod it in... but typically he wanted to smash it on the volley... but the ball was spinning like mad! you could tell he was waiting for it to stop spinning.

Hudds keeper had a great game... Berner with our best chance though! Benni Mc was playing FAR too deep! he was more of a playmaker last night than a striker.... was playing alongside Tugay, basically. But really did show his class.

Matty D made an impact when coming on, so did Bentley... but they came on too late.

Think the main reason for us not playing that well, is because we didnt really have a settled side. too many changes to get settled n' Bentley didnt get enough time to do much. I'm 100% certain if we had started with Benni Mc & JR upfront, with Bentley n' MGP on the wings... we'd have thrashed them.

Warnock looked terrible last night! well, at times our whole defence in the first half looked on drugs or something! Samba was solid till that stupid messing around in the box... Nelsen kept giving away VERY stupid fouls... although it was VERY questionable weather they were fouls or not... I think, had it been the Prem... the decision would have gone the defenders way. Nelly was also lacking a lot of pace, but he had to do a lot of running due to Warnock been out of position. Ooijer was rubbish at RB too... although him and Stevie W were great going forward... just defending they messed up!

Was that ref even qualified to referee? He was as bad as the lot we got against Wet Spam!!!

Fair enough, Samba shouldnt have been p*ssin about with the ball, trying to be clever in the area... but he had 2 Hudds players on him, both cliped his ankles, he went down....ref...nothing....he tried to get up... 1 of them had hold of his shirt... he puts his arms out n' looks to the ref.... nothing.... Brown looked impressive bar the goal... he should have come out at the Hudds player instead of stand about n' look to the ref... sort of caught him off-guard when the ref didnt blow his whistle n' Hudds shot...

The 2nd goal.... Peds down injured.... laid on the ball....ref; PLAY ON! Y'what!??? Never heard of sportsmanship...putting the ball out of play? ...the Hudds player just kept kicking at Peds till he got the ball from underneath him! N' it caught everyone off guard, as everyone had stopped thinking it was going to be put out!

MGP's miss was terrible! all he had to do was nod it in... but typically he wanted to smash it on the volley... but the ball was spinning like mad! you could tell he was waiting for it to stop spinning.

Hudds keeper had a great game... Berner with our best chance though! Benni Mc was playing FAR too deep! he was more of a playmaker last night than a striker.... was playing alongside Tugay, basically. But really did show his class.

Matty D made an impact when coming on, so did Bentley... but they came on too late.

Think the main reason for us not playing that well, is because we didnt really have a settled side. too many changes to get settled n' Bentley didnt get enough time to do much. I'm 100% certain if we had started with Benni Mc & JR upfront, with Bentley n' MGP on the wings... we'd have thrashed them.

Warnock looked terrible last night! well, at times our whole defence in the first half looked on drugs or something! Samba was solid till that stupid messing around in the box... Nelsen kept giving away VERY stupid fouls... although it was VERY questionable weather they were fouls or not... I think, had it been the Prem... the decision would have gone the defenders way. Nelly was also lacking a lot of pace, but he had to do a lot of running due to Warnock been out of position. Ooijer was rubbish at RB too... although him and Stevie W were great going forward... just defending they messed up!

I'm not a big fan of Warnock

:ph34r:

Gutted......................

not

i am quite gutted to be truthfull SS he is a good back up to Warnock and if we get an injury to Warnock, while he's out injured, we might struggle finding a left back to fill in unless we sign someone before the window shuts, which i don't think we will

i am quite gutted to be truthfull SS he is a good back up to Warnock and if we get an injury to Warnock, while he's out injured, we might struggle finding a left back to fill in unless we sign someone before the window shuts, which i don't think we will

We might play three at the back with Axe/Sav in front of them.

Either Andy Taylor or Tony Kane will be back-up for the couple of months that Berner is out.

i just hope Warnock doesn't get injured because he's a cracking player and i think he will be pushing for an england call sooner rather then later

i just hope Warnock doesn't get injured because he's a cracking player and i think he will be pushing for an england call sooner rather then later

Even though it would be excellent to get Warnock in an England shirt he wont get in ahead of Cole, Bridge and even Phil Nev - which is a shame

Even though it would be excellent to get Warnock in an England shirt he wont get in ahead of Cole, Bridge and even Phil Nev - which is a shame

i think he's a better player the bridge and phil neville, but probabley not as good as Cole yet, but time will to till

It was funny, I went last night and there was a group of kids in their end dancing and it was some nice banter.

AND THEY SET OFF FIREWORKS JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT THE ROVERS! Very funny!

MGP.....Everyonelooked shocked, he came and apologised at the end

How on earth did Morten miss. That is the worst miss I have ever seen.

he panicked after a bad 1st touch and thought - "i might aswell just smash it."

on the game itself:

the result doesnt matter to us, although judging by the fireworks etc.... it was udder's greatest ever victory.

nelsen and ooijer still need games/ more recouperation time,

gally played like a guy who knew he off (loan or perm),

mace made some intelligent runs, and couldve had a few, if he was seen sooner.

roberts looked a threat, although i wish he'd just pick it up and run forward with it, rather than turn back on himself, or try and scrap with defenders.

great turn out from our fans, there were more there last night, than we get in a lot of prem games.

ps, why did 'umberella' get played twice within the space of a few minutes ? if i hear that awful song once more, i'll rip my ears off!

Be fair to them cos they dont really need to celebrate. I used to remember that Clive Wynhard (cant be bothered looking up the correct spelling but you all know who I mean) used to always score against us (someone will probably correct me on this now) I hated playing them.

Didnt we get Steadhino from them too

Was an interesting game, definatly thought the second goal was a bit dodgey. first goal cant really complain about, give it a couple of weeks and the squad will be a lot stronger. Was just a case of pre season fitness more than rovers playing bad. You could tell the class between the two teams and rovers had a lot of possession. Their keeper until the jason roberts goal was outstanding, especially the one on ones and tugays left foot stunner. I was sat next to a town fan and he could even tell the difference in standard. especialy some of the touchs from mccarthy. It was good walking to the game when Friedel pulled up next to us trying to get into the huddersfield car park in his big jeep thing. Dont think he wanted to pay the car park prices and turned around :rolleyes:

I thought Andre Ooijer looked average again last night, Emerton is definitely my prefered choice at right back. He wasnt convincing against Vetra either I didn't think. Berner was also averge last night, should have scored when clean through and showed a bit of petulance when he was fouled.

It was funny, I went last night and there was a group of kids in their end dancing and it was some nice banter.

AND THEY SET OFF FIREWORKS JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT THE ROVERS! Very funny!

MGP.....Everyonelooked shocked, he came and apologised at the end

The fireworks were preplanned as a party of the Terriers celebration of Yorkshire Day. Not much of a display mind.

Archived