BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston - Saturday

Great afternoon at Deepdale.

Rovers were excellent on the day, really looked a class act, solid at the back and dangerous going forward.

Benni was terrific, Samba was brave and got rewarded and Dunny were my men of the match.

Santa Cruz looked tidy when he came on, looks pretty strong on the ball and had some good touches. Felt a little sorry for Zurab, he probably should have got a run out to rest Samba or Nelsen.

Rovers crowd were terrific also. If you can see Darwen Tower clap your hands.......brilliant.

Roll on Boro

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PNE today were absolutely atrocious. Maybe because Rovers were too classy. But the gulf between premiership and championship is more massive than I thought.

All Rovers players were good today apart from the two who disappointed me because of their wayward passing; Savage and Gallagher.

Who were Nos 20 and 21? I presume they were Olssen and Rigter. Whoever they were, they both looked good.

Santa Cruz looked good as well.

Dunny was my MOM.

Just got back, very enjoyable afternoon out - turned into little more than a training exercise given that Preston were so desperately poor. If that's the best they can do this season they're stuffed.

Also whilst there was a very decent turn out from Rovers, it was a woeful home turnout, two sides of the ground were not in operation and they couldn't even fill one side of the ground! I know we're not not Man Ure in terms of a draw but I thought the fixture would be more attractive to them than that. Perhaps the sale of Nugent has hit them hard.

On the pitch there was also a huge gulf in class despite us rarely having to get out of first or second gear.

Not that much to comment on from our side really, it was so easy, but I must disagree with something superstella said midweek about Dunn not being fit.

In the games against Vetra and today I think Dunn has looked very sharp, extremely eager to impress, and always looking for, or making himself available for, the ball. Getting a close up view of him today, it also appears that he has lost a heck of a lot of weight since last season as well.

Cruz did very well when he came on and looks as though he will contribute a lot more in terms of his all round play than Mccarthy. Whether or not he can find the back of the net with anything like the same regularity remains to be seen of course.

No real help from today's mismatch as to our prospects for next Saturday, but you can only beat the opposition put in front of you and on that basis Rovers did a thoroughly professional job today. For a team like Preston, two or three goals down, "seeing off" McCarthy and Roberts and then watching two players like Cruz and Derbyshire coming on must be a sickening sight and is no doubt exactly what Mark Hughes wanted.

P.S. A few quid for first or last scorer on Samba every game this season might be a shrewd investment as well!

"Who's the w****r in the tree!"

North end were shockingly bad. Their support was non existent and didn't sing once, almost as bad as their PA as he seemed to have the squad numbers rather than the team numbers for today. Thus meaning Berner came on in the second half, Warnock was replaced twice and Peter Sergio came on when in fact it was Olsson (Who looked lively).

Santa Cruz seems to be the first player in a while for Rovers who can win a flick on.

Recognized Jordan from the photos he posts walking up the stairs with a pie, hope you enjoyed it.

What was the guy thrown out for early in the first half, I know he was completely leathered.

Enjoyable afternoon with a much better performance from Rovers.We have some REAL quality in this side and I think its going to bear fruit this coming season.Short trip we know but another excellent following from our fans,the stewards were having trouble finding seating for some at the end!

A few words on PNE.......a very poor side on that display who are going to rue the selling of Nugent,they had 1 shot on Friedels goal all game.Their fans were even worse and I actually felt sorry for them in the end as the Rovers fans just took the pish.

Btw,for the first time in years I'm going to purchase an away shirt...the black and red kit looks superb.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL! :rover::brfc:

Off Topic:

Aston Villa - Inter Milan: 3-0

Sunderland - Juventus: 1-0

?!

Serie A doesn't start for ages yet. Don't expect Italian teams to quite as fit and ready as the English. However Inter did beat Manure 3-2 (with one of the scums goals an unforced own goal by Adriano) in midweek. You can't draw any conclusions from preseason friendlies in my experience.

Somebody was picking footage of the crowd with a camera phone to appear on u-tube in due course.

The trouble was a genuine nob ender being a nob waving a nob ender scarf around. Stewards advised him not to and when he persisted, he was a little upset to be carried out (yes carried out) by the police.

The trouble was a genuine nob ender being a nob waving a nob ender scarf around. Stewards advised him not to and when he persisted, he was a little upset to be carried out (yes carried out) by the police.

I suggested to them that he was doing no harm other than having a laugh :ph34r:

They tried to tell me that we hated North End and he was risking trouble. I just laughed.

I'd have liked North End to sing, just once.

Playing Preston in their current form wasnt the ideal pre season preperation. If ever a game left you in a lull of false security this was it - Preston are poor as many a poster as pointed out.

It easy to say how wonderful every Rovers player was but then you've got to look at the quality of the opposition who were poor, for me if Rovers and Mark Hughes dont add another quality midfielder to the team then the Guardian newspaper prediction looks very accurate.

Archived