SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Streaming Links

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 7 2007, 22:40 ) 535259[/snapback]
I will be standin outside the bogs on harwood towngate waiting for you at 915 on saturday morning :)

Don't believe him bigfilbar8. He told me exactly the same thing. 5 HOURS I WAITED IN THE COLD AND RAIN TO REALIZE HE WASN'T GOING TO SHOW UP :angry:

Shouldnt this board be more concerned about banning dickheads who have caused the most popular and most informative member ( nicko ) we've ever had on this board, to stop posting?

Nope. Call me old fashion but personally I care a lot more about legal action against the site and it's admins.

I've heard of dogging but what the hell is cottaging?

Very 60s/70s - homosexuals solicitng for sex in a public area ~ the soliciting, not necessarily the sex I presume. A lot of UK public toilets used to look like cottages, and the soliciting used to take place around them. I feel I may be giving out too much info here. :blink::lol:

Very 60s/70s - homosexuals solicitng for sex in a public area ~ the soliciting, not necessarily the sex I presume. A lot of UK public toilets used to look like cottages, and the soliciting used to take place around them. I feel I may be giving out too much info here. :blink::lol:

"We know where youv'e bee'n; we know where youv'e been!" ;):lol:

Well I lived there during those, my formative years, but the term is new to me. That's a good sign I think.

I saw it as well. I think it was in the Nicko topic, with no relevance to what was being discussed. Just a one liner like "if you want to watch the Middlesbrough match for free then go to www*******.com", or something like that.

Having discussed streaming links before, I feel slightly hypocritical saying this, but what the hell; ban the offender for life, not a day. It was obviously someone trolling, for what reason I'm not sure, possibly someone baiting the mods or perhaps just someone who goes through forums promoting the site and hadn't bothered to read rules/guidelines first.

I can't remember who the someone was for those interested, but it wasn't a regular poster I don't think.

Far be it from me to criticize the comments of an anonymous poster on an internet nessage board, but that is utter pony.

The law is unclear at the moment as to what you can and cannot stream. It is absolutely NOT the case that only hosting sites are guilty of an offence. Those that facilitate and benefit from the unauthorised breach of copyrighted or protected material are almost certainly also committing an offence either punishable criminally or in the civil courts.

Leading Counsel cannot give a definitive view on it as the law is currently untested. That is why there is not a definite yes or no answer.

I suspect that this site would not thank you for making it the test case.

Just to clarify that only providing links to streams isn't illegal, how can it be? However as I quoted from my original post I was just passing on some information but as you've hinted at an ulterior motive from me, for the record I would hope that streaming links are banned from the site.

I saw it as well. I think it was in the Nicko topic, with no relevance to what was being discussed. Just a one liner like "if you want to watch the Middlesbrough match for free then go to www*******.com", or something like that.

Having discussed streaming links before, I feel slightly hypocritical saying this, but what the hell; ban the offender for life, not a day. It was obviously someone trolling, for what reason I'm not sure, possibly someone baiting the mods or perhaps just someone who goes through forums promoting the site and hadn't bothered to read rules/guidelines first.

I can't remember who the someone was for those interested, but it wasn't a regular poster I don't think.

Sorry LeChuck, I missed the "7" before the "day ban".

If there's anyone with some really good links to sites showing live Rovers (away) games, why not post them the day before you go on holiday, then the 7 day ban won't matter & the rest of us dont have to be ripped off by Sky or Setanta! Cheers! :rover:

Archived