BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Streaming Links

Forgive me if this has allready been asked but I am wondering if informing people about the streaming of Radio Rovers through the matchlive portal on the Official Rovers web site is still allowed?

I only ask because although it is accessed through the official website and therefore I guess sanctioned by the club, it is only a radio broadcast, and it is the rovers radio station... it is still commerical in nature!

I am in now way associated with either the web site nor with match live, but it is still probably a stupid question.... and I am now standing by for my 7 day ban....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgive me if this has allready been asked but I am wondering if informing people about the streaming of Radio Rovers through the matchlive portal on the Official Rovers web site is still allowed?

I only ask because although it is accessed through the official website and therefore I guess sanctioned by the club, it is only a radio broadcast, and it is the rovers radio station... it is still commerical in nature!

I am in now way associated with either the web site nor with match live, but it is still probably a stupid question.... and I am now standing by for my 7 day ban....

Any links to LEGAL streaming sites, such as above and the BBC site are ok.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 18 2007, 14:13 ) 538796[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any links to LEGAL streaming sites, such as above and the BBC site are OK.

Thanks for clearing that up! I know it was a bit of a daft question but no-one had asked it... and the general tone of the thread suggested any such site were banned!

Can of worms I know... but how does one define a legal streaming site?

Personally I prefer the radio when it is not on telly and I am sitting at the computer... that way I can listen to the match and chat with all of you wonderfully type in the live chat window! If i was trying to Watch at the same time I'd not use the chat option and would miss out on a entertaining and enjoyable side of not being able to make it to a match!

• 11 months later...

Just a reminder, given that i've dished out about 10 suspensions.

ALL MENTIONING OF WATCHING GAMES VIA STREAMS, POSTING STREAMING LINKS OR REQUESTS FOR will result in temporary account suspensions.

No exceptions.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Jul 27 2008, 21:04 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a reminder, given that i've dished out about 10 suspensions.

ALL MENTIONING OF WATCHING GAMES VIA STREAMS, POSTING STREAMING LINKS OR REQUESTS FOR will result in temporary account suspensions.

No exceptions.

Haven't you just mentioned them?

;-)

QUOTE (Ste B @ Aug 18 2007, 14:13 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any links to LEGAL streaming sites, such as above and the BBC site are ok.

Just a suggestion - why not list - if you know them - the legal or permitted sites that live stream Rovers games. Then update when a news site is known about. That way everybody will know what is a legal streaming site.

Now perhaps i'm doing something wrong or my broadband connection isn't much good, but I had a look at one of these streams for the first time on Friday night for the Benfica game. How on earth anyone can enjoy or gain anything meaningful from something of such poor quality is beyond me.

Just a suggestion - why not list - if you know them - the legal or permitted sites that live stream Rovers games. Then update when a news site is known about. That way everybody will know what is a legal streaming site.

Are there any free legal streaming sites for Premier League football?

I apparently fell foul of regulations for noticing a link posted up on this site and commenting on the game in question after it had finished!

Must admit, it never even occurred to me it wouldn't be legal to view that game with it only being a friendly and not a Premiership fixture.

Just for clarification and so I don't get into any further bother, if any Pub happens to show an away game on a foreign channel this season, will a post match summary of the action result in further sanctions?

:wacko:

Just for clarification and so I don't get into any further bother, if any Pub happens to show an away game on a foreign channel this season, will a post match summary of the action result in further sanctions?

:wacko:

If a pub is showing a game of foreign telly then that in its self is illegal. They can tread the tightrope of being caught - we don't want to in here - its as simple as that. And no, you wont be sanctioned for discussing what you have seen in the pub.

Every time Rovers played last season, even though there wasnt any TV coverage of most of our matches there was always people discussing the action they were seeing, even though no one referred to streams directly. Is that allowed?

Well obviously on match days people go into the chat room and discuss what they are seeing in there. They also put comments up in the forum. What we are saying is that this site can not be seen to be providing links to streaming sites/talking about links to steaming sites. You can obviously do what you want on your own PC but dont bring them on here because a ban will follow.

This is for the good of the website after all

Archived