BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles To Sue Premier League

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby says the Championship club are considering legal action against the Premier League.

Kilby believes it is unfair that clubs relegated from the Premier League receive a so-called parachute payment.

"I will be campaigning this autumn for us to bring this to court," he told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"It's a good, strong case. I honestly feel that it's an illegal subsidy from the Premier League that distorts our competition so badly."

Kilby believes the payments received by relegated clubs given them an unfair advantage over longer-serving Championship sides like Burnley and Preston.

He added: "Our next step will be to bring it to the League's attention. I would like to see what the League is going to do about it and discuss it with the other clubs."

Relegated clubs are believed to receive a total of £6.5m over two seasons from the Premier League to soften the blow of dropping out of the top flight.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the relegated clubs didnt get anything then they would be skint from all the Prem wages that they are paying their players.

I wonder if he would complain the same if Burnley were relegated from the Prem. Sorry, as if thats going to happen :lol:

If the relegated clubs didnt get anything then they would be skint from all the Prem wages that they are paying their players.

I wonder if he would complain the same if Burnley were relegated from the Prem. Sorry, as if thats going to happen :lol:

Exactly right Cocker! It is possible that the Dingles could get promotion sometime soon; maybe even this season coming. Do they REALLY want to get rid of the parachute so soon? :lol:

This isn't the first Burnley have threatened litigation against Football's authorities. Anybody remember The Dingles warning The League that they would take them to court if they allowed them to be relegated from Div 4 in '86?

Sort of sums them up.

What a clown. By carrying on his own logic, it is unfair that Premier league sides get so much more money from revenues as it means that they have more chance of winning the FA Cup than they do, or more chance of not playing in the championship by reason of not getting relegated.

Then they are really going to be pleased when this seasons bottom 3 drop in with something in the region of £30M... the word yo-yo comes to mind.

Why? Man City fans will tell you different. You could drop and keep dropping

Key word "considering". If you can't get any publicity for your football endevours, you have to do something before the whole world forgets you exist

Would be funny though, Dingles get promoted, have to shell out the free season tickets. They get relegated and the Prem tell's 'em "you know what you were right it is unfair" and they stop the payments, for that season only as a test case.

Key word "considering". If you can't get any publicity for your football endevours, you have to do something before the whole world forgets you exist

Would be funny though, Dingles get promoted, have to shell out the free season tickets. They get relegated and the Prem tell's 'em "you know what you were right it is unfair" and they stop the payments, for that season only as a test case.

Now that really would be funny. Brightened my evening up considerably that has! :lol:

If you just forget it's The Dingles for a minute & they have a really good point.

Can anyone explain why a club that gets relegated from The Prem gets £x million more than any other club in the Championship? OK , if some rich owner comes in, but a formalised subsidy from the Prem is a bit of an uneven advantage.

How is that fair?

If you just forget it's The Dingles for a minute & they have a really good point.

Can anyone explain why a club that gets relegated from The Prem gets £x million more than any other club in the Championship? OK , if some rich owner comes in, but a formalised subsidy from the Prem is a bit of an uneven advantage.

How is that fair?

I do agree its unfair, but then the CL clubs in the Prem get around 20m extra than other clubs which effectively decides the top four before a ball is kicked in angeras well.

A lot of anti competitive aspects of the football need addressing.

Not really, that is prize money, reward for doing well. The parachute payment is essentially a reward for doing badly and it is unfair for the other clubs down in the Championship. Are similar payments made to sides that are relegated from the other divisions?

Simple fact is that the parachute payment is the only way that these clubs can hope to compete in the Prem in the first place. If you are paranoid about going bust, you don't buy players, you get relegated. The parachute payments are simply "prize" money awarded to the 18th 19th and 20th placed sides which allow them to at least have a go at competeing with the established teams. Without them, you may as well do away with promotion and relegation.

Why not argue that the team finishing top of the Prem should get the lowest prize money, and the team that finishes last gets most? The bottom team clearly needs the money more than the top team as their players are rubbish.

That is effectively what they do in the states with their "draft" system isn't it?

I disagree. If you look at the clubs who have been promoted in recent seasons and stayed there (ourselves, Bolton, Reading, Wigan), none of them have been huge spenders or spent massive amounts on wages. I'd like to think that all of them could manage without the parachute payments if they were relegated, it would of course be very difficult, but then that is why you try to avoid relegation. The parachute payments aren't key to allowing them to compete with established sides, they should already have a financial advantage after just one season in the premiership.

That is sort of what they do with the draft system in the United States, except it is a lottery system. It would be dangerous to use that sort of system as it might encourage sides to finish 12-17th for a couple of seasons in order to finance a push for the top of the league. As it is it means that the better you do the more money you get, which means there will never be any reason not to win.

I expect their legal aid application has already been lodged.

very good! ;)

i dont think they will sue the PL, for a miriad of reasons, 1 being : THEY WILL NEVER WIN THE CASE, and they know that.

discussing the morals etc.... i'd say. "english football, as it is in the rest of the world, is unethical and corrupt (and most fans know why and how) it's not right, but it will never change.

Archived