BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walkerfame": Commerative Bricks

mine will say

"Preston Blue

I hate Nobenders"

what will Jordans say??

Think they covered this on SoccerAM once. I seem to remember some Geordies wanted to add their own brick to the Sunderland wall. There would have to be restrictions on what could be written, surely.

Imagine what the Dingles would want to write on our wall :o <insert joke here about Dingles not being able to write>

• 1 month later...

I have ordered one of these for my lad but we hadnt had the money taken yet. The Mrs just phoned up to confirm that we were in the list for it - which we are.

The Mrs isnt 100% sure - after I questioned her but she thinks she was told that it wont be a wall at all but a walkway with the bricks on the floor

Anyone know if this is true? If it is, I can see the names rubbing off in a coulpe of years and by the time Liam is old enough to see it I can see - your brick used to be there it did.

I have ordered one of these for my lad but we hadnt had the money taken yet. The Mrs just phoned up to confirm that we were in the list for it - which we are.

The Mrs isnt 100% sure - after I questioned her but she thinks she was told that it wont be a wall at all but a walkway with the bricks on the floor

Anyone know if this is true? If it is, I can see the names rubbing off in a coulpe of years and by the time Liam is old enough to see it I can see - your brick used to be there it did.

They are definitely going on the floor, presumably behind the Blackburn End near Jack's statue. They have a few samples in place next to the Blackburn End main entrance now. I understand from the Fans' Forum last night that they will place the main order for bricks at the end of November with a view to having them in place before Christmas. You will be able to order one after then but when it will actually be placed will depend on future demand as they will want to wait for a big enough order i.e. not put them in one at a time. So if you want one for yourself or a Christmas present, get in before the end of November.

There is a specimen area on the opposite side from Jack's statue over between the entrances for Blackburn End reception and Blues.

After thinking about it, that area is going to see a hell of a lot of traffic, leading to potential wear and tear issues. Surely it would be better in an area near the statue, or better still in the wall encircling the statue so people aren't walking on it all the time?

Ah cheers guys.

From the original mail shot I really thought it was going to be a wall. I really reckon that by the time my lad is old enough to go his name wont be there any more.

Oh well, I will still get it and see

That certainly is a worry. I thought the whole point would be for a bit of permanency. BTW, Cocker, your lad isn't called Liam after the Gallagher brother is he? Are there going to be little Noel's and Matty's running around the Cocker household one day?

That certainly is a worry. I thought the whole point would be for a bit of permanency. BTW, Cocker, your lad isn't called Liam after the Gallagher brother is he? Are there going to be little Noel's and Matty's running around the Cocker household one day?

Ha Ha he is, I wanted to call him Alan Shearer Cocker but she would have it. Then I wanted Noel Liam Cocker but she wouldnt have it so I settled with Liam Cocker (look out for his brick). Matty Jansen Cocker maybe a future prospect though :rover: - BUT NOT JUST YET, I NEED A KIP FIRST

Ha Ha he is, I wanted to call him Alan Shearer Cocker but she would have it. Then I wanted Noel Liam Cocker but she wouldnt have it so I settled with Liam Cocker (look out for his brick). Matty Jansen Cocker maybe a future prospect though :rover: - BUT NOT JUST YET, I NEED A KIP FIRST

I feel you mate. I wanted Colin "The Lion Heart" Hendry Branam, but for some reason not only did the missus not like that but the hospital likely would've deemed me an unfit parent on the spot..I wonder how Christopher Samba Branam would go over.....:lol:

seriously, though, what is the deal witht eh permannt aspect of the bricks. I was going to get one for my lad as well, but if in a few years he can't see it, there's not much use, is there?

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much about wear.....

They did a similar thing at my university, brick walkways on the main quad on campus, engraved bricks. Granted my college was probably ~ 2500 students, but these walkways were teh most heavily travelled patch, on campus, with the surrounding being the main campus parking lot, 3 residence halls, the athletic field, and the gymnasiums. They were there for about 4-5 years before I was there, and when I left (amazingly in only 4 years) they were still plain as day.

Granted, Ewood sees heavier traffic on match day, but that's only for say, 20-25 matches a year....

Coventry have loads of different walls around their new stadium - they have the jimmy hill wall, the steve ogr....(cant spell that goalies name!) at least 10 different walls. The naff bit is that none of the walls are full and it just looks like they have no fans!!!

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much about wear.....

They did a similar thing at my university, brick walkways on the main quad on campus, engraved bricks. Granted my college was probably ~ 2500 students, but these walkways were teh most heavily travelled patch, on campus, with the surrounding being the main campus parking lot, 3 residence halls, the athletic field, and the gymnasiums. They were there for about 4-5 years before I was there, and when I left (amazingly in only 4 years) they were still plain as day.

Granted, Ewood sees heavier traffic on match day, but that's only for say, 20-25 matches a year....

So that just leaves chewing gum from away suuporters ;)

They won't get worn away, although if there are big letters people might sue for tripping up :lol:

I'd worry more about all the gunk, mud and chewing gum that falls into the cracks. *Cue 1500 fans on their hands and knees trying to hack out hard chunks of chewing gum*

Actually I'm not sure if I have the right idea, are these things, as I assume, bricks with indented text, or is it just painted/pasted on? I thought it was indented but now I'm not 100% sure...

Assuming its similar to the walkway at my university, and based on what the "walkerfame" website showed, it'd be and indent that would be filled with a color, typicallt dark to stand out agains the reddish brick (although the website also shows a yellowish color). If the indents are like the brick I was, they are a decent depth (say 1/4 inch) ineough that it'd take a LOT of work to wear them out to the point of missing wording.

Now gum and such might be an issue, but I can't see it being THAT much worse than a university green/quad area used for most all the outdoor activities on campus (including things like concerts, movies, homecoming, graduation, etc). but still, if you get a pink piece of gum stuck in red brick, you'll still be able to read it! :)

Archived