BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Foreign Rovers Fans

I was surprised that there were no B&B's in Blackburn. There might be, but I never came across them over the internet and I've not seen one recommended through here...

Hostels they're more commonly known as over here ....... recommended only if you're partial to drugs and violence <_<

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can people tell me where they stayed overnight (at what costs) when they visited Blackburn?

One time when I was down I stayed in the travelodge at the A666 services for about fifty quid - it was fine (I was in a plaster cast at that point though so wasn't out on the town!).

Was just saying to the other half last week that it would be nice to meet up with some other rovers fans and maybe have someone to go to games with now and again. Ok, Edinburgh isn't quite 'abroad' so I'm not sure I qualify as a foreign fan, but I'm usually on my ownsome on the GNER train via York and sometimes it would be nice to share a post mortem and a pint. Not sure I'm up for being announced over the tannoy though (I've heard those announcements at east end park and usually thought "you poor sod, you came all the way to see this?!" :rover:)

One time when I was down I stayed in the travelodge at the A666 services for about fifty quid - it was fine (I was in a plaster cast at that point though so wasn't out on the town!).

Was just saying to the other half last week that it would be nice to meet up with some other rovers fans and maybe have someone to go to games with now and again. Ok, Edinburgh isn't quite 'abroad' so I'm not sure I qualify as a foreign fan, but I'm usually on my ownsome on the GNER train via York and sometimes it would be nice to share a post mortem and a pint. Not sure I'm up for being announced over the tannoy though (I've heard those announcements at east end park and usually thought "you poor sod, you came all the way to see this?!" :rover:)

On Thursday I'm driving from edinburgh to Rovers for the game and back again- if anyone's interested. I'll be leaving Edinburgh around 5ish.

Fed up of not seeing any footy this season so far- too many weekend plans!

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Chelsea vs. Rovers in an Irish Pub in Rotterdam tonight, and besides the few Chelsea fans who were there, there was another Rover! I think he originally is English, but not sure, only mentioned him in the second half! Could he be a member of these boards? Good to see more Rovers over here!! :D

I guess it's one of those things that had their seed in childhood and it went on from there. I've lived in different countries because my family keeps moving, and one of those was England when I as a kid. I admit it, picking Rovers was a bit decided by chance - I traveled a lot and really liked England's different towns and cities...Blackburn was one of them. About that time I was also just getting into football, so when asked I said I liked Rovers...and then we won the premiership title. Since then I've learned about the history of the club, and really fell in love with the rich tradition and feel of it. Wherever I went in the world, Rovers were always what interested me the most...I remember when we got relegated and the only way I had of finding out the results was getting up at like 5 am before school to watch the only program that would show them...brings back memories. Back then I hadn't even gotten to watch Rovers on tv for like 2-3 years...but I shivered with anticipation every time I found news about the club.

I still don't have the chance to go back and live in England (which I would like to do one day), but Internet and current tvs are giving me the chance to follow pretty much everything about the club.

I know its hard to understand for the people who get to go to Ewood week in and week out that someone who lives so far away and has had so little contact with the club can be just as passionate...I'm not sure how and why myself, but its true. Rovers are football for me, and football is the one passion I have held my entire life. I don't know what else to say - I just love the club completely, regardless of all circumstances.

I was surprised that there were no B&B's in Blackburn. There might be, but I never came across them over the internet and I've not seen one recommended through here...

Try Smoothhound for b&bs and small indepedent hotels in the UK.

There are a few listed for Blackburn.

I guess it's one of those things that had their seed in childhood and it went on from there. I've lived in different countries because my family keeps moving, and one of those was England when I as a kid. I admit it, picking Rovers was a bit decided by chance - I traveled a lot and really liked England's different towns and cities...Blackburn was one of them. About that time I was also just getting into football, so when asked I said I liked Rovers...and then we won the premiership title. Since then I've learned about the history of the club, and really fell in love with the rich tradition and feel of it. Wherever I went in the world, Rovers were always what interested me the most...I remember when we got relegated and the only way I had of finding out the results was getting up at like 5 am before school to watch the only program that would show them...brings back memories. Back then I hadn't even gotten to watch Rovers on tv for like 2-3 years...but I shivered with anticipation every time I found news about the club.

I still don't have the chance to go back and live in England (which I would like to do one day), but Internet and current tvs are giving me the chance to follow pretty much everything about the club.

I know its hard to understand for the people who get to go to Ewood week in and week out that someone who lives so far away and has had so little contact with the club can be just as passionate...I'm not sure how and why myself, but its true. Rovers are football for me, and football is the one passion I have held my entire life. I don't know what else to say - I just love the club completely, regardless of all circumstances.

Vey well said Mr E! That's the kind of spirit that a few more of the "natives" round Blackburn area could do with.

I have picked out your post to quote, but I have been equally impressed and gratified by most of the foreign born or based posters on this thread, Well done to all of you! :)

Perfectly said, couldn't agree more

Archived