BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charming - but perhaps rather typical of the attitude that a number of our Premiership so-called "stars" have.

When will people realise that the Premiership ceased to exist several years ago.

The top flight of English football is called the Premier League, or Barclays Premier League to give it its full title.

Surprised at King's actions - in TV interviews he always seems more intelligent than the average footballer.

When will people realise that the Premiership ceased to exist several years ago.

The top flight of English football is called the Premier League, or Barclays Premier League to give it its full title.

The official name of the league is & always has been The Football Association Premier League. Business name: The F.A. Premier League Limited. All the other titles over the years, whether they start with Carling, Barclays (including Barclaycard), or whoever steps up next are commercial sponsor titles. We won the League Cup in 2002. That Worthington had paid for a title sponsorship means nothing to us other than the ribbons that were on the trophy and a logo on a few trinkets. The same basically goes for Carling in 1995(FAPL sponsors get their logo etched on the trophy, in addition to the ribbons of course.). So in the end Jim is right (well...mostly):

The top flight of English football is called the Premier League, or Barclays Premier League to give it its full commercial title.

The official name of the league is & always has been The Football Association Premier League. Business name: The F.A. Premier League Limited. All the other titles over the years, whether they start with Carling, Barclays (including Barclaycard), or whoever steps up next are commercial sponsor titles. We won the League Cup in 2002. That Worthington had paid for a title sponsorship means nothing to us other than the ribbons that were on the trophy and a logo on a few trinkets. The same basically goes for Carling in 1995(FAPL sponsors get their logo etched on the trophy, in addition to the ribbons of course.). So in the end Jim is right (well...mostly):

The top flight of English football is called the Premier League, or Barclays Premier League to give it its full commercial title.

guess what footy was around before the prem league!!!

King fined £160,000 after allegedly punching a bouncher and calling him a "Fat Paki"

SNN1217D-180_801130a.jpgarticle-1180689-04E20430000005DC-36_224x246.jpg

Angry Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has given Ledley King the maximum club fine of two weeks wages - £160,000 - for his drunken night of shame in the early hours of Sunday morning. King has been released on bail after being arrested for an alleged racially aggravated assault outside a London nightclub.

Redknapp has said of King's drunken antics: "Ledley has let himself down. Players cannot afford to get drunk and act the way Ledley has."

It's been reported that King literally wet himself and stank of urine after being arrested for the alleged attack in which he punched a bouncer and called him a "fat Paki".

Eyewitnesses say that the Spurs defender bragged about earning £80,000 a week and shouted at a police sergeant: "Boss man, I don't deserve to be here - I'm rich."

Eyewitness Naveed Johnson said: "I've never seen anyone in that bad a way with alcohol. His trousers were down almost to his knees and it was obvious he had wet himself. He could barely stand up straight and had to be helped by officers. He was screaming all night and looked terrible and stank of urine."

Link: Disgraced Ledley King literally wets himself in police custody

Yes Spurs are the most over rated premier league club. I'm sure it has already been mentioned on here (im not gona go back and check) I hate how the "experts" at the start of a season say its gona be a big 5 with spurs pushing for champions league spot yet when a club who actually deserves it with a fantastic manager such as villa, all they ever say is that they can't keep it up and will fall by the way side eventually (fair enough they did but at least give them some credit).

Yes Spurs are the most over rated premier league club. I'm sure it has already been mentioned on here (im not gona go back and check) I hate how the "experts" at the start of a season say its gona be a big 5 with spurs pushing for champions league spot yet when a club who actually deserves it with a fantastic manager such as villa, all they ever say is that they can't keep it up and will fall by the way side eventually (fair enough they did but at least give them some credit).

But then a large percentage of the London based media are Spurs fans, and we all know how deluded they are.

Archived