BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

I was and i still am.

A fantastically taken goal but i'm still not convinced he has what it takes at this level.

Going to look back at this after he has hit 20 and fired sunderland into europe and smile!

Me too but let's let R6 have his day in the sun. It was a very well taken goal and the first thing I thought when I saw was that R6 would be crowing. Let's see if he can keep it up. I don't think so.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too hate Spurs with a passion and their ideas of being some mega club, which will be able to break into the top four. Like everyone else, you can't but be impressed with their strike force and Aaron Lennon, but I feel that a lot of their players, are just big names, who have achieved very little and who Spurs have paid hugely over the odds for. Obviously you can't make predicitions for the season after one game, but hopefully yesterdays result and performance is a sign of things to come! :tu:

I think the players they have are individually almost as good as Arsenal and Liverpool. However they just dont seem to gel as a team.

Chimbonda for Emerton, Zokora for Savage would be good for Rovers. Lennon, Berbatov, Keane, Bent, King, Robinson are all quality players imo.

The problem now is that because Spurs have finished 5th twice in a row everyone thinks they are realistically pushing to join the 'big 4'. The fact is they're not. Two years ago when they had food poisoning on the last day they were 2 points behind the Arse with 65 points. Last year they were 8 behind them with only 60 points. Two years ago they were only 2 points in front of us. Last year they were only two points infront of Notlob and Everton.

Realistically they're battling it out for 5th, 6th and 7th just like the rest of us. The only way they'll make 4th is if Arsenal really struggle without Henry, and if that happens then anything is possible for a whole host of clubs including ourselves. The likes of Jenas, Zakora, Malbranque and Huddlestone are very average in midfield and in goal they have the worst England regular goalkeeper in my dads living memory according to him.

Chimbonda is good going forward but his basic defensive lapse cost them the game yesterday. The only real top class players they've got IMO are Lennon, Keane and Berbatov.

Don't believe the hype. :brfc:

Gloating at Spurs continuing under-performances is fine but if Jol loses his job expect MH to at the very top of Daniel Levy's wish kist. He was rumoured to be under consideration when Jol got the job - now he would be a certainty. Be careful of what you wish for !

Gloating at Spurs continuing under-performances is fine but if Jol loses his job expect MH to at the very top of Daniel Levy's wish kist. He was rumoured to be under consideration when Jol got the job - now he would be a certainty. Be careful of what you wish for !

Spurs might stand a chance of luring Hughes if they were as big a club as they think they are.

They aren't, so they wont.

Spurs might stand a chance of luring Hughes if they were as big a club as they think they are.

They aren't, so they wont.

I don't know. If Hughes was offered a transfer kitty of £ 80 million and the players they already have I am sure he would be tempted. I reckon he would think, quite rightly, that in time he could win the title.

Player for player Spurs have more talent than us, unsuprising due to the money involved, the only reason we can compete is that we have a much much better manager. It is daft that out of Spurs 11 best players 10 of them play at Striker, Central midfield and central defence, its like Jol has something against wide players. Maybe when Bale is fit they will be a different proposition but we shall see. Bent looks like an awful waste of money unless they ship out Defoe.

Hughes ain't stupid, he knows that with the sort of money Jol has he could make waves. However hopefully his huge investment of time and energy into sculpting our squad will keep him here for a while to see how it pans out. I certainly can't see him going during the season where Rovers actually could make a few waves.

But then if we lose a few on the trot it could all look different...

I don't know. If Hughes was offered a transfer kitty of £ 80 million and the players they already have I am sure he would be tempted. I reckon he would think, quite rightly, that in time he could win the title.

Player for player Spurs have more talent than us, unsuprising due to the money involved, the only reason we can compete is that we have a much much better manager. It is daft that out of Spurs 11 best players 10 of them play at Striker, Central midfield and central defence, its like Jol has something against wide players. Maybe when Bale is fit they will be a different proposition but we shall see. Bent looks like an awful waste of money unless they ship out Defoe.

Hughes ain't stupid, he knows that with the sort of money Jol has he could make waves. However hopefully his huge investment of time and energy into sculpting our squad will keep him here for a while to see how it pans out. I certainly can't see him going during the season where Rovers actually could make a few waves.

But then if we lose a few on the trot it could all look different...

Spurs are all hype and no substance. That has been the case for the last decade at least.

I am not suggesting that MH will be at Rovers forever, I know his career plans probably feature a higher profile club than ourselves.

I firmly believe that when Hughes leaves (hopefully not for aaaages) he will do so to a bigger, better club that Tottenham.

I never used to have much time for Spurs in the past,but after watching them last season I was very impressed by their entertaining football.Berbatov is class, and with him in the team I'm sure Spurs will come good again this season.

A bit like Rovers last season with so many expectations,and then we get walloped 3-1 by Pompey.

I'm sure Spurs will be up there challenging in the top 6,and hopefully Rovers will be challenging there to.

As for Sunderland, a flash in thee pan ,I think.I still think they'll carry on being the yo-yo mackems.

Berbatov doesn't look interested. Jenas yet again having no impact on a game - compare him with the superb Arteta.

Lescott netted his header from 5 yards; Robinson should have been coming and claiming or punching that without any fuss. Very flat-footed too for Stubbs' free-kick as Andy Gray said.

Everton might suffer when the UEFA Cup games start mounting up. Anichebe and Johnson are their only two fit strikers unless they can get Yakubu before the deadline. Even if they get Fernandes I think they're three or four bodies short of being able compete in all competitions.

They do have some very good players though. Arteta is a class act and I've always thought Osman is under-rated; in addition to his work rate and general enthusiasm I think he is technically a very good footballer. Yobo and Lescott too are developing into first class defenders - I rate both much higher than the over-hyped King and Dawson.

Robinson may have made some good saves near the end there but again in the second half he showed no dominance of his area. At Sunderland on Saturday as well as tonight, you saw the Spurs defence retreating towards the edge of their 6-yard box - a sure sign that they have little faith in their goalkeeper. His faultering form over the last 12 months is a very worrying sign for England if McClaren is to stick with him.

i gotta say i think this is the first time that im pretty much conifdent of a win over them .. with our midfield and attack i feel were too strong for them .. just wish we were playin them sooner rather than end of october isnt it ?? when their strikers could start to hit top form

Archived