[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels SO good. :lol: Keep going, Spuds! :lol:

0,,2007371516,00.jpg

£100m spent and no trophies

MARTIN JOL has spent £100million on players at Tottenham — and won absolutely nothing.

OL’S 10 BIGGEST SIGNINGS:

Darren Bent £16.5m,

Dimitar Berbatov £10.9m,

Gareth Bale £10m,

Didier Zokora £8.2m,

Younes Kaboul £8.2m,

Jermaine Jenas £7m,

Pascal Chimbonda £5,5m,

Kevin Boateng £5.4m,

Andy Reid £4m,

Michael Dawson £4m.

What are the odds on Jol being first to get a P45?

Next four fixtures are Derby home- another newly promoted team who will play their heart out full of disruptive optimism and Andy Todd ready to give a robust welcome to the Prem to any expensive new signing who doesn't quite fancy it.

Then Manu and Fulham away and....

Arsenal at home.

The bottom of the table looks great at the moment... Notlob, followed by Wham, followed by Spuds :D

Eeeee if only it were the end of the season :P

Especially with the Media Darlings occupying the foot of the table, and it's good to see that after the fawning in the off-season that they're sharpening their knives. :lol:

Although funny to see don't really mind Spurs , but I see that Jol did the usual obsession of Managers nowadays in playing players out of position - Keane on the wing ffs.

Its the beginning of the season and I see no reason why managers should rotate a team - surely its better to get a balance going and a bit of momentum first then swap players as and when.

Classic case - too many players to choose from and they will never get a settled side

Hate Spurs.

Hate Spurs fans (all @rseholes)

Don`t mind Jol. Seems genuine enough.

I laugh at how fickle Spurs fans are :lol:

"CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...YOU`RE AVIN A LAUGH!!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...YOU`RE AVIN A LAUGH!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

spurs have talented players..

robbie keane, bent, berbatov, king, dawson, lennon, zokora, and chimbonda...

i think spurs have missed width in the first two games..malbranque is good, but he isnt a left winger..spurs need an out and out left winger...

id say spurs most overated player is jenas, everytime i watch him he looks so weak..he can pass a ball, but he is often pushed of the ball with ease..

Spurs to me seem to believe in there own press and its gone to their heads. It seems that if Keane isnt on form, then Tottenham are not on form.

Everton are a good side, but they have a small squad and they will fade as the season goes on. Potential 5th plae is up for grabs in my opinion.

Spurs to me seem to believe in there own press and its gone to their heads. It seems that if Keane isnt on form, then Tottenham are not on form.

Everton are a good side, but they have a small squad and they will fade as the season goes on. Potential 5th plae is up for grabs in my opinion.

sundays match might be an indication if 4th is up for grabs! :tu:

sundays match might be an indication if 4th is up for grabs! :tu:

Don't agree with you on Everton, they have some good players to come back stil, very hard to beat, Johnson always an outlet, very solid, workmanlike TEAM (Emphasis on that word for Spuds fans)

Seem to me to be a team you may beat if you go 1 up and they have to come at you, Moyes has made some shrewd signings, really rate Arteta, he'll get better when Baines comes in, still have Vaughan (No mug) and Cahill, with this Fernandes coming back, don't underestimate them, not the most attractive team but they'll be up there! (Suprise package for me)

As for the spuds, couldn't happen to a nicer club, Roy Keane's latest outburst sums them up !

On Everton, I rate them highly. They have pace in their side and Arteta is top quality.

The Everton players work so hard (for their manager) and they also have some flair players now as well, which makes them a dangerous team.

I think I am on my own tipping Everton for a top 4 finish...

Back to Spuds, Chairman has had crisis talks with Jol (after 2 games!) and Berbatov has to have an operation and will be out for 6 weeks.

I think that might actually be a blessing in disguise for them. They will now be able to just play with two strikers (I would think Keane and Bent) and have one on the bench, which is the usual state of affairs for Defoe.

Everton could have a great season, but they will need some luck with avoiding injuries. If Arteta or Johnson go down they will look a bit toothless. We always go on about Hughes here, but you have to admire what Moyes has done with Everton, including some very astute buys (although I would think he has spent more money, but the Rooney transfer might even up their net transfers).

I think that might actually be a blessing in disguise for them. They will now be able to just play with two strikers (I would think Keane and Bent) and have one on the bench, which is the usual state of affairs for Defoe.

Everton could have a great season, but they will need some luck with avoiding injuries. If Arteta or Johnson go down they will look a bit toothless. We always go on about Hughes here, but you have to admire what Moyes has done with Everton, including some very astute buys (although I would think he has spent more money, but the Rooney transfer might even up their net transfers).

Moyes has spent quite a lot of money in the last 2 and a bit seasons

AJ 8 m

Beattie 6m

cahill 2.5m

Yobo 4.5m

Lescott 4.5

Neville 4.5m

Davies 4.5

Fernandes 6m?

Arteta 3m (very good signiing imo)

Van der meyde 2.5m

Mcfadden 1.5m

Howard 2.5-3m

Baines 6m

Jagielka 4m

Valente 1.5m

Anderson da Silva 2m?

Total 59m

Rooney was sold for 20 mill + add ons over about 5 yeras

They recouped 4 mill on beattie and around 2 mill on davies, so net spend in the last 24-30 months is very close to the 30 mill mark, 5 X that of the Hughes regime @ rovers.

Archived