BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

I think people are really jumping the gun regarding Spurs...oh well, we will see come May.

Can we not enjoy their pain whilst it lasts? ;)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gosh, I really didn't realise Moyes had spent so much....

Yep, he's really thrown some cash around.

I can't see Everton finishing in the top four myself, they're not good enough. The better teams will tear their defence and midfield apart, whilst shutting down a pretty ordinary attack.

"Tottenham simply have nothing behind the front line. They have bought all these expensive strikers but never really thought about how to give them the ball and create chances. The whole thing has to be the work of an idiot."

I bursted into laughing. :lol:

I had full smile if Spuds followed Leeds.

Although I take pleasure in the current misfortune of our friends from White Hart Lane it is tempered somewhat by the possibility of Jol being sacked.

Do you not think they'd be interested in Hughes and furthermore if they wanted him do you not think he'd be tempted with all the money swilling around down there?

Although I take pleasure in the current misfortune of our friends from White Hart Lane it is tempered somewhat by the possibility of Jol being sacked.

Do you not think they'd be interested in Hughes and furthermore if they wanted him do you not think he'd be tempted with all the money swilling around down there?

They probably would be tempted by Hughes,but i`m not sure there will be much money left.Jol has blown most of their budget. :lol:

They probably would be tempted by Hughes,but i`m not sure there will be much money left.Jol has blown most of their budget. :lol:

I cannot fathom how I'll function when/if Hughesy ever leaves, but I do have the sneaking desire to see how he functions with a large bankroll. He wouldn't be like Real madrid and buy players who will sell shirts, nor will he bring the entire Spanish or French (or Welsh) National team over like some of the PL managers have tried. I can see him being a more astute Wenger type in the fact that he'd invest in youth and rely on the same players for many years. I wish he could get the support from the Rovers Board and maybe some day he will. But if his bargain buys are any indication, Hughesy with a large transfer kitty would have to be looked upon as a formidable force in the transfer market by his rivals.

but I do have the sneaking desire to see how he functions with a large bankroll.

He'd be bloody awful. My advise to anyone with any authority reading is to avoid trying to employ Mark Hughes and his gang of "Coaches" like the plague. They're clueless - it's all been down to good luck up to now.

Prospective employers should look to big clubs like Birmingham and all the London clubs. They're all ace. Rovers just kick people and get lucky.

He'd be bloody awful. My advise to anyone with any authority reading is to avoid trying to employ Mark Hughes and his gang of "Coaches" like the plague. They're clueless - it's all been down to good luck up to now.

Prospective employers should look to big clubs like Birmingham and all the London clubs. They're all ace. Rovers just kick people and get lucky.

*cough* ahem...quite right sir, quite right...

Moyes has spent quite a lot of money in the last 2 and a bit seasons

AJ 8 m

Beattie 6m

cahill 2.5m

Yobo 4.5m

Lescott 4.5

Neville 4.5m

Davies 4.5

Fernandes 6m?

Arteta 3m (very good signiing imo)

Van der meyde 2.5m

Mcfadden 1.5m

Howard 2.5-3m

Baines 6m

Jagielka 4m

Valente 1.5m

Anderson da Silva 2m?

Total 59m

Rooney was sold for 20 mill + add ons over about 5 yeras

They recouped 4 mill on beattie and around 2 mill on davies, so net spend in the last 24-30 months is very close to the 30 mill mark, 5 X that of the Hughes regime @ rovers.

Has fernandes actually joined them? Not so sure he has. Also I think they've recouped a bit more than that with the odd squad player going as well. Getting 4m for Beattie was good business too.

As for the rest it's been over a few seasons, Lescott, Yobo, Arteta, Neville, Cahill AJ and Howard have been good buys, whilst Jagielka and Baines promise to be. Beattie did a good job for them before they got too good for him and Van der Mayde should've been an inspired signing had he not been unsettled and injured a lot.

To me Moyes has done a good job with the money he has spent and shows he can be trusted with money as well as bringing on some promising youngsters. Certainly when compaired with the likes of Spurs Moyes has made much better use of his resources, his team looks a lot more balanced and his signings more astute.

It also shows what a genius Hughes is as well. Much as I like what Moyes has done at everton - I'd rather have Hughes any day. If Hughes could've spent that amount of money I'm certain we'd be top 4. Like Hypo I'm very curious to see what Hughes would do with a big budget, although unless it's with us I'm happy to let my curiosity go unanswered.

2 defeats is not a total disaster. People are jumping the gun. It's always the same with Spurs - media over reaction

No it isn't but I have had a feeling Mr Jolly has been on shaky ground for a while. While he has arguably got more out of spurs than most bosses in recent history I still think he is seen as under acheiving. As for Sparky, don't see it myself, I think spurs, intheir infinite wisdom, will want a sexier name.

Archived