BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs

Eddie

You guys may be more right than you. Jol to be sacked (story here). It seems like Fleet St are circling like the vultures that they are (present company excluded). Utterly ridiculous if you ask me but hey, if you try and sell of the club's star performer (of last season at least) then you may find out you're the one who is expendable.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Guardian has reported that the Sevilla Manager Ramos is as good as appointedat WHL.

Very similar article on the back page of the Independent and also on the BBC Sport website. The Directors seem to have lost all confidence in Jol and are keen to get Ramos, but realise that they have a problem in persuading the fans, who still support Jol. Therefore a win for Spurs against United on Sunday might make things very difficult.

Ramos would be better to stay put, have a crack at the Champions League andget a bigger name for himself. Barca might ditch Rijkaard (you never know), or he may even be tipped for Chelsea or Man U in a few years time. Spurs hire fancy coaches like Jol who are 'up and coming', and then dump them for the next shiny coach when they fail to inspre a Champions League place in a 2-3 year period.

What's Christian Gross up to these days? I hope he has one of those Oyster cards.

• 1 month later...
I'll stick my neck out and say I reckon Jol may just get sacked after tonight's game.

It's all good for us though this, a poor start for Tottenham helps us have a better chance of finishing 5th.

With the fall of the roman empire as well,who knows?maybe 4th awaits us! ;)

After finally moving to London I am now ready to go and see Spurs Rovers at the end of the month. Whats the procedure for getting tickets for the game? All the other times I have seen ROvers away I have got tickets on the dorr (Fulham, Charlton etc.) but I guess for this one you will need them in advance.

DO I order them through Rovers but have them delivered to London, or do I go through the Spurs website?

After finally moving to London I am now ready to go and see Spurs Rovers at the end of the month. Whats the procedure for getting tickets for the game? All the other times I have seen ROvers away I have got tickets on the dorr (Fulham, Charlton etc.) but I guess for this one you will need them in advance.

DO I order them through Rovers but have them delivered to London, or do I go through the Spurs website?

You need to get them through Rovers

I've boycotted Spurs (and Chelsea) for the last couple of seasons because of the outrageous ticket prices, however I think Spurs may have declassified our match to Cat C, and the tickets this year might be around £30 rather than around £40.

And if they contrive to lose to Liverpool and Newcastle in the meantime, it'll just be funny to be there on Oct 28th.

Order them through Rovers. It is often nice to just ask if they can just have them for you at the ground, that way you don't have to worry about the post, but it depends on how early you get your order in.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to book through the website today but it only had the home game against Reading listed. How lonfg before the game are tickets released? And do you have to phone up?

According to the other strand, about buying tickets for this match, they go on sale on Friday to people who are on the database for buying tickets.

According to the other strand, about buying tickets for this match, they go on sale on Friday to people who are on the database for buying tickets.

They are on sale to season ticket holders now (just bought two) and will be on open sale from Friday. They have 1,000 with an option on a further 800 so there will be plenty.

Spurs 1-0 down at Half Time to Newcastle. I've got a gut feeling that should they lose Jol will be axed before we go there on Sunday.

Having listened to the first half they still sound very dodgy at the back.

Tottenham - Don't believe the hype. :brfc:

I watched the first half on Setanta. Poor game and neither side were particularly good tbh but Spurs looked especially low on confidence throughout the side and some of their defending was shambolic.

It's not totally out of the question they could get back in it second half. I hope so, I don't want Jol to be sacked before Sunday and the Spurs team and crowd all revved up by "the new manager factor"

And we especially don't want Sparky stood in the home dug out!

Edit: No comeback likely now - 2-0 - 50 mins. More slack defending from a near post corner. Hmmmm......................

:unsure:

Edit 2: Glimmer of hope for Spuds 1-2 57 mins.

Very entertaining post match segment tonight, poor old Paul Robinson was sandwiched inbetween Steve McManaman and Tim Sherwood as they laced into Spurs.

Sherwood was so irate he was practically foaming at the mouth and he was saying that it didn't appear from the way Spurs played that Jol did any defensive work or drills with them during the week. He also accused the players of lacking character.

Felt desperately sorry for Robinson who was left either to glare at Sherwood or squirm about in his seat looking like he wished the ground would swallow him up!.

Real car crash TV.

Edit: Jol was eventually interviewed (had a real air of resignation about him) and afterwards Sherwood went off on one again. "He's always very frank with his interviews but he's having to say the same every week. The only way to sort it out is by going over it again and again on the training ground "

Very entertaining post match segment tonight, poor old Paul Robinson was sandwiched inbetween Steve McManaman and Tim Sherwood as they laced into Spurs.

Sherwood was so irate he was practically foaming at the mouth and he was saying that it didn't appear from the way Spurs played that Jol did any defensive work or drills with them during the week. He also accused the players of lacking character.

Felt desperately sorry for Robinson who was left either to glare at Sherwood or squirm about in his seat looking like he wished the ground would swallow him up!.

Real car crash TV.

For me the mere fact that Robinson was there is a sign of desperately bad management. The Setanta lot never even let him get full answers in - it looked like a proper stitch up.

In his position (dodgy error prone national team keeper who plays for a vastly underperforming PL side mired in the drop zone) he should never have been allowed into that TV spotlight as a pundit!!! How stupid are the people who advise him and manage him?!?!

Archived