• Pedersen
    • Dunn
    • Savage
    • McCarthy
    • Roberts
    • Santa - sub
    • Derbyshire - sub
    • Mokoena - sub

Feeling confident about this game. I would like to see the following team start against Boro

Friedel

Warnock

Emerton

Nelsen

Ooijer

Bentley

Pedersen

Tugay

Savage

Roberts

McCarthy

Subs - Brown, Samba, Mokoena, Santa Cruz, Derbyshire

I imagine that Hughes will pick the same with the exception of the defense where he will play Ooijer at right back and Samba at centre back and emerton on the bench.

Result - Boro 0 Rovers 2

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What ? No Samba against an inexperienced defence ? Your obviously sauced up jordan !

I think Ooijer would cause just as many problems. Oh and yes I have had a few <_<

I like Samba however I would rather have the experience of Ooijer.

as i always say..."i would be happy with a point away from home" especially this being the first game of the season and against a team who should be looking to impress for the first game, infront of their own fans.

i reckon santa cruz will start the game, and providing that we are infront in the second half, then robbo will come on.

We haven't won the opening game since the 5-1 trashing of Wolves at Ewood. I reckon we are in for a hard game at Boro this season.

Boro 3

Rovers 1

If it was anybody else I'd say we'd lose but I just always feel really confident against Boro. I remember when we played them 3 times in the 05/06 and I thought we surely can't win all of them and we did so even though it's the first match I expect us to win and probably quite comfortably too.

Normally, this should be a game we should win, but this is our first game and so first-day nerves come into play.

Am I right in saying we don't have the best of luck on 1st days in the past?

The exception to this was the opening day of the 2003-2004 season when we beat Wolves 5-1 and started the season top of the league

:D

Archived