• Santa - sub
    • Derbyshire - sub
    • Mokoena - sub

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 30 hours left until the start of the new season! Get in! :rover:

I'm dead excited!

A guy at work has organised a lunchtime get together to celebrate the start of the new season - and everyone who attends has to wear their club's colours.

At the time of writing we have four Gooners, two Chelsea, two Liverpool, one Manc and yours truly flying the flag alone for the mighty blue and white! It's getting us right in the footy mood. :D

I reckon we'll win this game 1-0 (Benni)

My team would be:

Friedel

Emerton

Samba

Nelsen

Warnock

Bentley

Savage

Dunn

Pedersen

Roberts

McCarthy

Bench: Ooijer, Mokoena, Tugay, Derbyshire, Santa Cruz

That would be my line up too, just one change to the subs, Jason Brown instead of possibly Derbyshire or Mokeona (which shows how good our squad is for one of them not to make the 16).

2-0 win for us (Samba to score first & 2-0 is 235/1, or McCarthy 2-0 is 70/1) I will make a little trip to the bookies tomorrow I think!!!

P.s Samba is a massive 33/1 just to score first, worth a punt.

Good preview, except for getting it wrong about Tugay.

Our fans could learn from this quote:

The loss of Viduka will hit hard, but I bare no ill feeling to the pie eating Aussie. He signed a three year contract and stayed for three years, terms of agreement met. I’d wish him luck, but he joined the Skunks so I’d rather not!

I like our chances, honestly. They have a defence with injuries, we have plety of attacking force with Bentley, MGP, Benni, Roberts, Santa Cruz.

Both sides rarely take wins ont he first day int eh prem, I think the sides are a combined 2 wins from 17 first week matches. That makes me think draw, but 'boro and Rovers haven't ever drawn in the Premier League.... I don't think that changes... Rovers to bust out of the gate running this season, 3-1.

Archived