• McCarthy
    • Roberts
    • Santa - sub
    • Derbyshire - sub
    • Mokoena - sub

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why he's started with Roberts and Benni upfront but for the first day of the season, i would have loved to have seen what Roque can do, but there are another 37 possible games he could start i suppose.

Prediction before i leave for work :(

Boro 2

Rovers 3

Theres always one game on the first day of the season full of goals.

strong team - only thing is we don't have anyone in defense on the bench. I guess Moko will have to do the job if something happens.

C"MON ROVERS

Thing is if one of the centre-backs goes down then he can move Ooijer into the middle and play Mokoena at right back.

I'd like to be optimistic and say 1-2 to Rovers, but I think I'll settle for 1-1.

Eddie's right to say that these are the sort of games you need to win to challenge at the top of the table, but after the last couple years, I'll just be happy not to start this season off in a big hole.

Half Time

A couple of good moves, resulting in appalling final balls. MGP is well off the pace and needs a kick up the arse. Boro unlucky not to be more than a goal up.

Typical rovers on the first day of the season really. Lets hope for better and an appearance from Tugs & Santa in the second half!

boro deserve their lead. yes johno i agree it was a very soft goal to concede and total indiscipline from the player who formed the wall. we need to inject some quality into the side, and it is probably going to be up front and probably gonna be jason roberts. bents, sav and dunny have hardly been in the game and to state the obvious we need to get all 3 of em more involved. i know it is the first game of the season, but this is were we lack real quality in the middle of the park because sav is a different player and dunny is not what he once was in his previous stint at rovers, i think we all recognise that. tuges or reidy...who knows. we do need to get more quality in the middle and give our strikers better chances, but in saying that...all credit to boro, so far.

Are you watching it on Fox sports Blueboy ?

The Yak fell over the ball it was never a foul by samba, then savage turns his body sideways and the ball sails through the wall!

Thought boro deserved the lead, and we need to turn it up a bit or boro will run over us.

Anyway back to the tele 5 games to choose from thank you Fox sports.

Archived