BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Arsenal

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our home premier league record :brfc: vs Arsenal :-

...att.....season.......result.......................

16,454 (92/93).......W 1-0

14,051 (93/94).......D 1-1

23,452 (94/95).......W 3-1

29,834 (95/96).......D 1-1

24,303 (96/97).......L 0-2

28,212 (97/98).......L 1-4

27,012 (98/99).......L 1-2

...n/a.. (99/00).................

...n/a.. (00/01).................

25,893 (01/02).......L 2-3

29,840 (02/03).......W 2-0

28,627 (03/04).......L 0-2

22,992 (04/05).......L 0-1

22,504 (05/06).......W 1-0

21,852 (06/07).......L 0-2

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

total att:- 315,026

ave att = 24,233

Played 13 times at home in Premier League....

Rovers :brfc: won 4 times

Arsenal won 7 times

Score draws 2

No-score draws 0

Goals for :brfc: ....13

Goals against....19

Do you guys all really think we can beat Arsenal so early in the season? They're injury-free, fully motivated and know they need to give full battle (no arrogance - too early in the season) to beat us. And they will. A draw as max for us...

Do you guys all really think we can beat Arsenal so early in the season? They're injury-free, fully motivated and know they need to give full battle (no arrogance - too early in the season) to beat us. And they will. A draw as max for us...

They don`t like it up `em! :blink:

Good for you, I try to be but Arsenal and Liverpool I don't ever believe we can beat. United and possibly Chelsea but I don't know why, I just don't have confidence in Rovers when they're playing the "lesser" of the Big Four. :wstu:

Didn't we beat Arsenal and Liverpool once last season - but not United or Chelsea. Out of all the games against the big four - Arsenal at home is the one I give us most chance in. We never seem to beat Chelsea.

Guest fernhurstblue

the two standard questions for any match dont seem to have been asked yet ..... (1) is it on the tele & (2) how many tickets have we sold

:lol: :ph34r:

Didn't we beat Arsenal and Liverpool once last season - but not United or Chelsea. Out of all the games against the big four - Arsenal at home is the one I give us most chance in. We never seem to beat Chelsea.

Previous season beat Chelsea 1-0 , Arsenal 1-0,Manure 4-3 and last season scousers 1-0 so good record against top 4 actually

I actually agree that I never have much hope going into games against Arsenal, they always seem to play some of their best stuff against us. Arsenal and Chelsea are the two sides that I really write off as no-pointers, Liverpool I have slightly more hope and for some reason, although I'm sure it is statistically totally incorrect, I have the most hope against United States.

Got a feeling this will be the match that shows us what the Rovers are all about this season.

Also predict that Bentley's gonna fire up. This fixture would mean a lot to him- show to Wenger what he missed out on. His form last week too indicates that he's sharp and ready to rip it up this week.

And hey- with RSC and McCarthy up front? they'd be a handful for any back-line.

Savage and Dunn are really gonna have to work their socks off though- the game will either be won or lost on their account methinks.

Would prefer to see Emerton in right-back rather than Ooijer (something tells me he might not have the speed to keep up with this one)

So in summary, don't know how we'll go :rolleyes:

Fire up Rovers

that is all.

I actually agree that I never have much hope going into games against Arsenal, they always seem to play some of their best stuff against us. Arsenal and Chelsea are the two sides that I really write off as no-pointers, Liverpool I have slightly more hope and for some reason, although I'm sure it is statistically totally incorrect, I have the most hope against United States.

It's because we try and play football with L'Arse, something which is ill advised. Fair play to Hughes for giving it a go, but you rarely come out on top in such encounters.

• 2 weeks later...

They mentioned the Van Persie interview on the Sunday Supplement on Sky - and the journos were actually very complimentary to Rovers and said that it was just Arsenal whingeing, and one of them even made reference to the incident Nicko previously asked about; saying that 'it would be seen in a different light if what happened in the tunnel came to light'

Archived