BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Riversiders

cletus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be great to get the Riverside rocking, and I've noticed lately the occupants are doing just that! No doubt there will be a few more st holders in there this season which is great. The new coat of paint makes the outside of the stand look much brighter too. However, it still tends to be a bit dark under there. It would be brilliant to create colour at the back of the stand, make it really show up, if we aren't going to redevelop for now, make it something really special to signify yes, it is the oldest stand, but it's Rovers, part of our history and we're proud of it. I've not really had the chance to have a very close look at it as I always come with Mr Roversmum and he needs to sit in the JWL. We were talking about a background of flags at one time - that would be a start.

The good thing about the Riversiders joining in is that it encourages the JWL to make a bit of noise as well.

Still need urgently to think about disabled facilities, though, maybe in another part of the ground.

That would be a first :lol:

It would be great to get the Riverside rocking, and I've noticed lately the occupants are doing just that! No doubt there will be a few more st holders in there this season which is great. The new coat of paint makes the outside of the stand look much brighter too. However, it still tends to be a bit dark under there. It would be brilliant to create colour at the back of the stand, make it really show up, if we aren't going to redevelop for now, make it something really special to signify yes, it is the oldest stand, but it's Rovers, part of our history and we're proud of it. I've not really had the chance to have a very close look at it as I always come with Mr Roversmum and he needs to sit in the JWL. We were talking about a background of flags at one time - that would be a start.

The good thing about the Riversiders joining in is that it encourages the JWL to make a bit of noise as well.

Still need urgently to think about disabled facilities, though, maybe in another part of the ground.

It's the one stand which is worse than its predecessor.

Original Riverside looked the part empty or full. It had seating and standing with good views.

What we have now is the messy shoestring compromise of seating in the lower part which was designed for terracing. Hence the lack of cover for the front rows and the gap between row 1 and the pitch.

:brfc:

lol AggyBlue.

Nonetheless, Ohmi, would your own time not be better joining in the singing (or even watching the match) rather than, as you obviously do, spend it watching the JWL people? Still, you've paid your money, it's your choice. <_<

This is a concern..

Are the club aware that there was seemingly some atmosphere/banter in the riverside?

Back in the day the old Riverside used to generate quite a hostile atmosphere. There was a hardcore of older lads who congregated in the middle of the terrace and poured vitriol on visiting wingers, full backs and referees whilst next to the Darwen End stood the younger element who placed themselves there as a show of strength and threads to visiting fans. (more Lyle and Scott jumpers than in Ronnie Corbett's wardrobe!)

I think there's still passionate support in the Riverside to this day (City in the Cup :blink: )

I think there's still passionate support in the Riverside to this day

....vs Bolton two seasons ago. Soon saw them lot off! Good job Special Conastable Spence was there to save their skins! :rolleyes:

I moved season tickets to riverside from bburn end couple of seasons ago and I prefer the riverside. Better atmosphere in my opinion. Sat at the back towards the darwen end, can get pretty vocal. First went in that area for the burnley cup game and loved it. Plus got sick of them mutant bburn end drummers. Granted the facilities are crap but who cares?

I moved season tickets to riverside from bburn end couple of seasons ago and I prefer the riverside. Better atmosphere in my opinion. Sat at the back towards the darwen end, can get pretty vocal. First went in that area for the burnley cup game and loved it. Plus got sick of them mutant bburn end drummers. Granted the facilities are crap but who cares?

The last time I was in The Riverside was in the old First Division v Sheff Utd. Couldn't get a beer so havn't been back!

Is The Riverside still dry?

....vs Bolton two seasons ago. Soon saw them lot off! Good job Special Conastable Spence was there to save their skins! :rolleyes:

that was hilarious the idiot with the flag got fair punished been in same seat for about 5 years back row seat 11 good atmosphere

lol AggyBlue.

Nonetheless, Ohmi, would your own time not be better joining in the singing (or even watching the match) rather than, as you obviously do, spend it watching the JWL people? Still, you've paid your money, it's your choice. <_<

You don't have to watch the JWL to know they aint singing :rolleyes: I do watch the game and sing aswell :)

It's not really an argument Roversmum - I'd be interested to see if anyone disagree's with my comment. Just for the record I have sat in the JW twice and you could hear a pin drop! I did however see 2 middle-aged men clapping but they had gloves on, like the players could hear them!!!

But you are not addressing my point. There is no law that says they have to sing etc. Would you rather they didn't bother to come and support their team at all and just left empty seats there? Many of the supporters who sit there are simply not able to jump around and sing. They have been supporters for many, many years. Give them a break, please.

Last season i went to quite a few games & sat in the Riverside. I was pleasingly suprised with the atnosphere & banter created (especially in the area towards the Darwen End of the stand) Me & my two mates joined in with the singing & chanting.....so much so, that i got a season ticket for that area (nowt to do with it only being £249 :unsure: honest!!)

I`ve not recieved my ST yet but if i remember correctly, i`m situated in block E04 (not the outer one) & on row 11 or 12.

Is anybody else on BRFCs situated in that area.....& if you are, are we up for a sing-song?? :huh:

As a kid I used to stand behind the Darren End and walk around to the BB end at ht. After segregation I graduated to the Riverside and have been there ever since, great views (apart from the stanchions) and good craic. The only problems were that it was built too far from the pitch with that damned stupid walkway at the front and my temperament means that there has never been a cat in hells chance of getting a coffee bovril pie etc at HT. (Don't queue, wont queue.)

But this season we have migrated. Not sure that I have done right but the views from the JW upper central are the best there is and this season it will cost no more than out ST on the Riverside last year. Makes perfect sense.... only prob will be trying to keep my gob shut when emotions are running high. :unsure:

btw according to my info the fantastically discounted tickets on the Riverside have apparently been done in order to fill the stand and give the TV impression of a vibrant and packed Ewood Park.

Archived